Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM-Fractal2003 [Private Beta Test]

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Yournan2000
    I heard about another beta?If so is it coming my way?
    sure! why not? your feedback is very helpful dude!!!

    Comment


      good changes as i can see. as far as the lighting problem, i have no clue why its not working, lol. it seems to be a bsp error. the good news is that it doesnt make any sense, lol. it may fix itself later, after you perform some other brush work, or it may fix itself on some other rebuild, without you doing anything to it. the bad news is that it may not.

      Comment


        Originally posted by cubic
        sure! why not? your feedback is very helpful dude!!!
        Thxs.:up: . Glad i can help.

        As to your lighting problem as bonehed said it may be a BSP lighting problem, i had two major ones on DM-Shrapnel][. Now i fxzied them, to do this i just moved the BSP into another part of the world, then i re-built it, then moved the BSP back and re-build again it was fine after, thgouh if your going to do this is strongly recommend you save your current version i don't wanna be responsible for f*cking up a **** fine map !Now this solution worked and fixed my problem, but i can't say if will solve yours well its worth a try.

        MsM:up:

        BTW hows your other work coming on?And i you know what other work i'm talking about (remember you p.m?)

        Comment


          Originally posted by cubic
          Heisher:

          any suggestions for the trim-texture? and how should it be aligned???
          Dunno bout what texture you want, I'd go for something that isn't too busy and that tiles properly in one direction, so you can align the trim perpindicular to the centre point of the cylinder. If that makes sense

          What I've got in my head (and don't use it, it's just the right sorta style IMO) is the RichRig trim texture; hopefully you know which one I mean. If you can imagine how that would align, you'll see what I mean.

          Comment


            indeed, the alignment of the current texture is off. the angles do not properly match up. it looks, to be honest, like something you did in haste, half in laziness, and half hearted. and it shows. if each texture was aligned perpendicular to the hole, it would not tile right, i think. but it would look better, if perhaps you trimed your trim, lol. a small metal looking edge to frame the trim, which would also seperate the textures, so that the misaligned pattern is not so obvious. i could doodle on your picture to show you what i mean, if you need.

            Comment


              oh just make a static mesh

              Comment


                Hi cubic, I have a quick question, was the CTF-Darji16[2003] remake you were working on ever released?

                I've just been looking for a remake of that particular UT map and haven't been able to find one yet.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by adv1
                  Hi cubic, I have a quick question, was the CTF-Darji16[2003] remake you were working on ever released?

                  I've just been looking for a remake of that particular UT map and haven't been able to find one yet.
                  hey!

                  sorry but all my data has been lost cuz my HD didn't work anymore... but maybe i'll restart working on it later... but at first, i'll have to do my other remakes that i'm working on...

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by cubic
                    hey!

                    sorry but all my data has been lost cuz my HD didn't work anymore... but maybe i'll restart working on it later... but at first, i'll have to do my other remakes that i'm working on...
                    Thanks for your reply. Shame about losing all your data. Anyway, I'll look forward to your other remakes

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Bonehed316
                      indeed, the alignment of the current texture is off. the angles do not properly match up. it looks, to be honest, like something you did in haste, half in laziness, and half hearted. and it shows. if each texture was aligned perpendicular to the hole, it would not tile right, i think. but it would look better, if perhaps you trimed your trim, lol. a small metal looking edge to frame the trim, which would also seperate the textures, so that the misaligned pattern is not so obvious. i could doodle on your picture to show you what i mean, if you need.
                      then please do this... i really didn't understand half of what you wrote...

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X