Add vehicles to DM/BR/DOM Maps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Add vehicles to DM/BR/DOM Maps!

Hi, Icedude from the fraghouse here (first post yay ).

Well, Parser has released a nice little utility for mappers who want vehicles in gametypes that dont allow them without having to run new gametypes or mutators.
    It's called 'Vehicle Settings Override', and you simply place it in your map and it allows vehicles

The best way i've found to set up vehicle spawns with this is to set bRespawnVehicles on the VSOverride actor to false, and then use ASVehicleFactories to put the vehicles in the level, seeing as this way the factories dont churn out vehicles like theres no tomorrow

Bah, where's my brain? You can get it HERE

Just ask me or another Fraghouse member if you want to know more

Quick and dirty guide to using VSOverride:

Put it in your UT2004/System folder.
    Open UED and load the map you want to put vehicles in.
    In the actor browser, open VSOverride.u
    Under the root of Actor, you'll find the VSOverride actor. Place it in your map.
    Find ASVehicleFactory and put them in your map where you want vehicles, also specifying the type of vehicle.
    You're set! Load the map and you should get vehicles!

Download link: http://fraghouse.beyondunreal.com/dl...vsoverride.zip

Comment

Heh very cool! Don't see why more people haven't responded O_o

Comment

I think it just needed bumping a bit.

Any suggestions for future versions?

Comment

you can put all vehicles ? :weird:

if yes =

Cuz i wanna make a Training Map with vehicles

Comment

As far as I can tell, yes.

All the ONS vehicles work fine using ASVehicleFactory (under the SVehicleFactory property where you can select the vehicle class).

I'm not sure about the spacefighters. I think for some reason they keep blowing up. But that was just one time when I was testing, it may be that I buggered it up or something.

Comment

bookmarked!

Comment

Spacefighters are ALWAYS in motion. They're blowing up 'cause they're hitting the wall. You're supposed to use a trigger to spawn and enter spacefighters, I think.

Comment

Question : if you put this on the map, will the guys who play it will need it?

Comment

Originally posted by -=SR=-Killer
                    Question : if you put this on the map, will the guys who play it will need it?
                    yes, ypu should include it in the zip file with the map (and please keep the readme wuth it )

Comment

Wow, this is awesome.

Is there any chance you can make something similiar to this for turrets?

Also like the previous guy asked, does everyone need this?

Once again, thanks guys. Community has been wanting something like this since day one.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeFormat

Is there any chance you can make something similiar to this for turrets?
                        Turrets also count as vehicles, so you can place those with this actor in the map too

Comment

Download links not working...

Comment

**** was just itching to try out an idea w/ turrets and when I ran the file it was corrupt and like a previous poster said the links aren't working.

Does it require seperate modding to increase the HP/damage output of vehicles also if anyone knows, I know this might sound a bit of a newbie question, so sorry.

Comment

I think beyondunreal.com is down, hence the download page won't be working.

Here's the eDome link: ftp://ftp.edome.net/mirror/beyondunr...vsoverride.zip

Yes, you should include the .u file with the zip. Although you need to include this file, the advantage is that you don't need to get the person who downloads your map to run a custom mutator or gametype. They can just load your map up and enjoy the vehicles.

You don't need to keep the readme with the .u file, but please give some credit to us somewhere in your readme if you're going to use it.

Does it require seperate modding to increase the HP/damage output of vehicles also if anyone knows, I know this might sound a bit of a newbie question, so sorry.
                              Might consider something like this for the next version...

Anyway, back to porting FHI2k4.

Comment

Working...
                              X