SwitchArsenal 6 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can add ammo types in an .int file.

Object=(Class=Class,MetaClass=Engine.Ammunition,Na me=?.?)

The class names of the Chaos UT ammo are:
    ChaosUT.RegBoltsAmmo
    ChaosUT.FRegBoltsAmmo
    ChaosUT.ERegBoltsAmmo
    ChaosUT.PRegBoltsAmmo
    ChaosUT.GrenadeAmmoStandard
    ChaosUT.GrenadeAmmoFlash
    ChaosUT.GrenadeAmmoPoison
    ChaosUT.GrenadeAmmoNapalm
    ChaosUT.ProxyAmmo
    ChaosUT.LaserMineAmmo
    ChaosUT.RailBoltAmmo
    ChaosUT.RipperAmmo
    ChaosUT.CUTSRAmmo
    ChaosUT.CUTSR_RPBAmmo

Comment

More SA6c updating...

Yes, I finally got around to having class based character changes (in other words, the classes can change the model/skin/voice of the player). It seems to be working online,offline, and with bots.

I also successfully split Classes and Purchases, so you can play a game with both running at the same time. I also added the option to change the Purchase menu key from the purchase menu. It was the best compromise I could come up with. I also made a "trade adrenaline for FragBucks" item.

The worst task now is updating the GUI and WebAdmin systems to utilize the new information. I don't know if there are any other features I should go for or if I should just get back to the interface code.

[Edit] I'm trying out a main menu bar in the GUI- it looks like this:

Comment

edit:

Here is a bug or 2,

this happens when I use the advance function on the chaos ut2's sniper rifle, while using the scope, also with Pain 2k3's railgun zoom scope (while using switch Arsenal classes I believe)...

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 940 MHz with 255MB RAM
        Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro (4523)

General protection fault!

History: UCanvas::execWorldToScreen <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (HudBDeathMatch DM-Tree-Of-Ages.HudBDeathMatch, Function Engine.HUD.PostRender) <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine:raw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop

This next bug has something to do with kung fu and chaos ut's cutter blade. The crash occurs when someone tries to deflect/block a cutter blade.

UT2003 Build UT2003_Build_[2003-04-07_17.42]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 940 MHz with 255MB RAM
        Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 GTS/GeForce2 Pro (4523)

KungFuPawn DM-Timeless.KungFuPawn (Function XGame.xPawn.CheckReflect:0000) Infinite script recursion (250 calls) detected

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::BeginTouch <- ULevel::CheckEncroachment <- ULevel::SpawnActor <- (RipperBlade) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (RipperBlade DM-Timeless.RipperBlade, Function Engine.Projectile.Touch) <- TouchTo <- AActor::Be

Comment

[EDIT]Hey, good news, Drag00n, I figured out why the sniper zoom was not liking the Kung Fu (It was the view calculation system that was causing the crash). I even fixed the error and it worked like a charm. I'm going to do some more testing and then make a new version of SwitchKakutou.

I could not get the game to crash by having Kung Fu block C.U.T.T.E.R. blades... if you find a method that consistently causes that crash, would you describe it in detail? You can contact me at csdgames@adelphia.net.

Comment

Re: More SA6c updating...

Originally posted by Melaneus
            Yes, I finally got around to having class based character changes (in other words, the classes can change the model/skin/voice of the player). It seems to be working online,offline, and with bots.

[Edit] I'm trying out a main menu bar in the GUI- it looks like this:
            Good work as usual it will be a good feature to be able to set players and skins adds to the "Im playing a mod" feature :up:

http://mark.beaumont3.users.btopenw...teStrikev4b.zip

Comment

Re: Re: More SA6c updating...

Originally posted by Romanov
              [B]Good work as usual it will be a good feature to be able to set players and skins adds to the "Im playing a mod" feature :up:
              Dang bots sure try their best to screw this character changing thing. I just realized that they leave an abandoned pawn sitting around when they first spawn... every attempt to get the bots to behave comes up short...
              Other than that I think the character change system is working well.

BTW your weapons work great with SwitchArsenal. I haven't played too much with them, but they are pretty sweet. Wish I had double pistols, though. Planning on making new weapon icons for them?

Comment

hi,
                yep icons for the weapons and ammo are next along with more weapons I tend to use the "weapon menu" mutator alot though so i dont really notice icons so much

Comment

So you really like the weapon menu? I guess I should let you try out Super Weapon Bar, and tell me what you think of it compared to WeaponMenu.

http://csdgames.ut2003files.com/Down...rWeaponBar.zip

Comment

cool Ill give it a try and yes the weapon menu i think is the best way to use custom weapons esp as i use the mouse wheel as this doesnt skip over weapons withthe same inventory category, the weapon menu shipped with the muatator

Comment

suggestion

I was wondering......is it possible for you use 2 sets of weapons, where u can switch between one or the other on the same slot (like UT Chaos does). I found that pretty nice since it kind of doubled the weapon count.

But I also wonder why the 2nd weapon icon slot is "faded out" when used with the Chaos mod(I tend to use systemic, and drop items mutators too). I'm not sure if it's an issue with others or not.

Comment

Re: suggestion

Originally posted by MrUniq
                        I was wondering......is it possible for you use 2 sets of weapons, where u can switch between one or the other on the same slot (like UT Chaos does). I found that pretty nice since it kind of doubled the weapon count.

But I also wonder why the 2nd weapon icon slot is "faded out" when used with the Chaos mod(I tend to use systemic, and drop items mutators too). I'm not sure if it's an issue with others or not.
                        I am not sure what you are asking. You will need to better explain this 2 sets of weapons, 2 weapon icon slots, etc in greater detail. For me when I read these questions, multiple things come to mind at once, and I don't know if it's one of those or something I've haven't seen before.

Comment

okay

sorry about being so vague...
                          Okay, like with the Chaos Mod....take for example. The Claw 2 gun is swapped periodically with the Goo Gun in maps. So if u already have a goo gun AND you pick up the Claw you have two weapons that occupy the same slot(weapon icon) on the HUD. So you can switch back n forth between the Goo Gun or the Claw by using an assigned key. So this works the same for all the weapons, effectively doubling the amount of weapons you can possibly carry.

So I was wondering is that feature or similar functionality in switch arsenal as well? I think it would be cool to have a 2nd set of weapons other than the first set that can be spawned ingame.

Also when I use switch arsenal with my other mods (mainly Chaos). The HUD icon (right next to the shield gun icon) for the regular assault gun is non-selectible. So that basically it

By the way I like the new interface...it's alot easier to comprehend now. Epic should include your mutator in 2k4.

Comment

yeah there is two ways to do that, 1 is random weapon sets, and the other...... I can't remember for nothing . Go to the link in Melaneus's sig it'll take you to his site search around a bit and you should fine an faq of sorts. Then again am not sure so Melaneus will be able to answer your question best.

Comment

Yes, with random sets you have total control of randomized weapon slots.
                              Where the weapon gets placed in the row of weapon icons is based on what the weapon mod-maker set it to be placed.

Seeing as you replied to SwitchArsenal 6 Beta thread, I should also inform you just in case that there is a SA version 6c out. Use the link in my signature to access a download for the latest.

Comment

Working...
                              X