No announcement yet.

Assassin 113[UT2004][Pics][Updated 05-30-2004]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colored skins? Do you mean those when you become Outlaw (red) and your default skin as hunter/target (blue)? No way to turn them off.

Everything seems okay to me
    Like the silly eye candy, must look pretty funny

I have sone pleas: Could you make something against the inadverent civil kills? Sometimes I load my Rocket Launcher and kill try to kill my target and get close to it because I know that I'm going to die after the next hit and when my target kills me he is not my target anymore and my Rocket Launcher releases the rockets (because I'm dead). (Sometimes it's a Shock Core, Bio goop or granade) They kill the target and I get a civil kill by accident although he was my target before Maybe you could add something like a "change time". The target isn't your target anymore when you have been killed by him/her. Maybe you could add some delay of 3 seconds before switching to another target?
    And you can't heal your vehicle. Maybe a feature to let you heal the vehicle you've entered recently? But only this one you were driving before.
    Furthermore, a feature where you can entirely turn off the symbols above your target's/hunter's/the Outlaw's head could be cool. That would be just a fun feature. I always wanted to shoot the target without really knowing if this is him/her. Just an example: Romulus and Remus look very similar, Remus is your target. You shoot Romulus, whoops!
    Moreover, I think black vehicle skins could be funny. There are already black vehicle skins in the official packages like the black Hellbender. Would be pretty cool to play black vehicles in my Torlan Night Blackstrider Walker Edition. The black vehicle skins would be the perfect camouflage

And I have a question: What concerns the announcements, are there none or did you replace them? There are announcements of names of the combatants in one of the announcer sound packages. Custom character would need to be announced by another sound, just to call your attention on your targets name. You could use these instead of the "new target" announcement.
    Well, a Rocket Launcher removal mutator isn't really necessary.

Oh and yes, I have noticed that Outlaw is almost always an Outlaw and Matrix is sometimes just unbeatable. I started a match once and before I even found my target and could score Matrix had already half of the score which is necessary to win

I will play with the no aircontrol feature Just for the Unreal 1 feel. A nice feature would be no double jump and a no dodgejump feature. Both as separate features of course.

Thanks for your efforts to improve this awesome gametype

If I have any more ideas for improvement I'll post them.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, a delay (or another workaround) to minimize "accidental" offtask kills due to a change in your assigned target would be a welcome tweak. I'll add a custom PRI variable, say TargetLastChangeTime, and check against that to create a 2 or 3 second grace period.

Rocket launcher:
      Okay, if I follow through with removing that weapon from the game... it will just be an OPTION

And you can't heal your vehicle
      The gametype looks to DM-prefixed maps for its default maplist. I haven't changed that... and really only included ANY vehicle support in case a given DM map contains factories placed by VehicleOverride or AirPower mutator. I have tested BeyondAssassin using an ONS map to confirm that the vehicles are retained and that nodes and chairs (ONSManualGunPawn) are removed, but I hold the firm opinion that vehicular gameplay doesn't fit the spirit of an "Assassin" game. I've never coded any custom vehicle stuff and don't plan to in the future. Anyhow, "Black skins" sounds like something which would be better accomplished by an add-on mutator (usable across different gametypes).

voice announcements:
      All custom event voices are removed, in favor of slightly larger (and displayed for a longer duration) text notices. At the moment, I think the zark sound (for headshot option) is the only extra sound and nope, sorry -- I'm not inclined to add more sounds. I would post the source code & invite someone else to add sounds if they wish and recompile their own version.

no double jump and a no dodgejump options:
      An option to disable double jump is already in place. I just overlooked mentioning it.
      By 'dodgejump' I'm unsure whether you mean "press left (or right) key, two times. fast."
      If so, I think that's already being "handled" in the custom pawn class: bCanDodgeDoubleJump=false
      I think this is the maneuver you're referring to, and it is disabled (hardcoded) in BeyondAssassin. When you see the effect of the custom pawn physics, you'll discover that walljumping isn't necessary... because when you're running and hit an angled obstacle, you're momentum carries you "up and over". Hit into a vertical wall and you bounce off (your trajectory is reflected at an equal angle).

Comment

None of the download links work.

Comment

Welcome to the community!
          Here's an UTzone download link.

Have fun!

Comment

This one works. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
              Welcome to the community!
              Was that meant in the way all download links are dead? In that case, your right on most of the things!

As for the BeyondAssasin, sounds pretty cool. I'll answer the PM later melissa_jo, pretty busy for school and that kind of stuff..

I don't like the thumb down icon before the post thingie! Put it away please whoever can..

Comment

Yeah, this thumb down icon is just annoying (especially because this is such a cool gametype and it doesn't fit!).
                Was that meant in the way all download links are dead? In that case, your right on most of the things!
                LMAO, no It was just his first post.

We could ask Flak if she'd be so kind and replace that icon with the thumb up icon

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                  We could ask Flak if she'd be so kind and replace that icon with the thumb up icon
                  Actually, a gametype icon would be even better:
                  http://forums.epicgames.com/images/icons/ut/icon12.gif

Just in case, if anyone doesn't know, from what I have understood, the thumbs down/angry head etc... icons in front of release threads are a result from the time when the Atari support forums were imported into the Epic forums (all the posts for which the author's name starts with legacy-).

Comment

Working...
                  X