Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UTClassic Maps (Beta 4)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some notable changes/fixes in Beta 4:

Fixed collision issues - CTF-Kosov (cave entrance), CTF-Face (keg), DM-Grit and CTF-Coret (walls).
    CTF-HallOfGiants - the speedtubes should now work properly.
    AS-OceanFloor - disconnected monitors will show offline mode.
    DM-Pressure - no more water splash effect when shooting underwater.
    DM-KGalleon,DM-Phobos,CTF-Dreary,CTF-Face - fixed bsp holes.
    cDOM-Ghardhen,CTF-Command,CTF-High,CTF-Nucleus - lifts now look correctly.
    Walking on metal/wood/dirt will sound like it (made it work for ramps too).
    Improved bot pathing and lighting for all maps.

If you'll find any bugs or have some suggestions, let me know.

Comment

Think you can do the ChaosUT99 maps?

Comment

Originally posted by hunterman View Post
        Think you can do the ChaosUT99 maps?
        Nope, I still have some work with these maps.

Comment

Originally posted by UnreAlex View Post
          Nope, I still have some work with these maps.
          Great work on these - so much nostalgia goodness. And a big thanks for continued support and ironing out the bugs.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrparadize View Post
            Great work on these - so much nostalgia goodness. And a big thanks for continued support and ironing out the bugs.
            This pack + 2341 = peanutbutter chocolate bliss

Comment

Hi Unrealex,
              I have never joined a forum like this before, but I had to join this one in order to congratulate you on your work with this map pack. It was already at beta 4 when I became aware of it, and when I saw it my first thought was '80 maps? - surely they can't be very good quality!' How wrong I was. I have not played them all yet, but the ones I have played are all brilliantly converted and tweaked for UT2004. Such a pleasure to see those AS levels back again, and all those CDOM levels. I have the Classic Domination mod, but am always on the lookout for more CDOM maps, and thought I had played all the ones available, but there are 3 or 4 here that I have never seen (I never got the bonus packs for the original UT99). A real find! And as a primarily offline player, what also inpresses me is the bot pathing. For example, there are so many AS levels where, if you set up a bot only match and spectate it, they are unable to finish the objectives, or do so very poorly - but here, they fly through them. Good stuff. And what a treat to play the original DM-Oblivion again. I have the remake, and played them back to back, and what struck me on this and the other maps is that the lack of more modern eye candy clutter gives these maps a simple elegance that concentrates the mind when playing. Very nostalgic. Are you still working on this map pack? If so, is there any reason why AS-Overlord and AS-Frigate are not included? They are notable by their absence. I think their inclusion would be the icing on the cake! Finally, UT3 never did it for me, so congratulations again on this. I think it is great that people are still playing and supporting UT2004 in 2016.
              Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffXPress View Post
                Hi Unrealex,
                I have never joined a forum like this before, but I had to join this one in order to congratulate you on your work with this map pack. It was already at beta 4 when I became aware of it, and when I saw it my first thought was '80 maps? - surely they can't be very good quality!' How wrong I was. I have not played them all yet, but the ones I have played are all brilliantly converted and tweaked for UT2004. Such a pleasure to see those AS levels back again, and all those CDOM levels. I have the Classic Domination mod, but am always on the lookout for more CDOM maps, and thought I had played all the ones available, but there are 3 or 4 here that I have never seen (I never got the bonus packs for the original UT99). A real find! And as a primarily offline player, what also inpresses me is the bot pathing. For example, there are so many AS levels where, if you set up a bot only match and spectate it, they are unable to finish the objectives, or do so very poorly - but here, they fly through them. Good stuff. And what a treat to play the original DM-Oblivion again. I have the remake, and played them back to back, and what struck me on this and the other maps is that the lack of more modern eye candy clutter gives these maps a simple elegance that concentrates the mind when playing. Very nostalgic. Are you still working on this map pack? If so, is there any reason why AS-Overlord and AS-Frigate are not included? They are notable by their absence. I think their inclusion would be the icing on the cake! Finally, UT3 never did it for me, so congratulations again on this. I think it is great that people are still playing and supporting UT2004 in 2016.
                Cheers!
                I'm glad you enjoy it. I tried to make only small tweaks to enhance the maps without going out of the original concept.

As a mostly offline player myself, and for the pack to be enjoyable in the long run, bot pathing is very important and something I need to constantly improve.

Initially I wanted to port only AS OceanFloor and HiSpeed, but somehow I couldn't stop and ended up with a few more. As for now, I don't have plans to port the other two maps. Assault maps are the most time-consuming, I don't really feel like porting them if there are good releases already out. But who knows...

With that amount of maps there's always something to work with, I'm pretty sure I'll go back to it and release at least one more update.

Thanks for your nice feedback!

Comment

Working...
                X