Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Quake 3 Arena 2k4 Model Pack

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quake 3 Arena 2k4 Model Pack

Whassup all,

I have put together a few models that I have ported from Quake 3 Arena & Team Arena to Unreal Tournament 2004.

DOWNLOAD - Version 1.1: Updated issues with certain models not showing up in-game.
    http://bit.ly/1HqXomm

Cool, will there be more?

Comment

Not for quake These models are a pain to port..

Comment

Too bad you couldn't find a way to incorporate the Hit and Death Sounds.

Comment

The only character that shows up for me is Sarge. For the rest of them I can see the portraits but not the models. Ukx and utx open just fine in UEd though.
          And I have a suggestion regarding the file names and such - I believe it would be better to put all textures in something like Q3_Characters_tex.utx and animations in Q3_Characters_anim.ukx. Just to avoid chaos in UT folders (I'd appreciate it at least).

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I tested the models before i published and they showed up in-game on my machine. Is anyone else experiencing the same issue? or has a potential solution? And in regards to the naming convention, I understand... the folders can get wild, but personal preference for me is to batch them separately in-case you want to pick and choose. That is just how i roll though.

Comment

Lucy, Mynx and Orb in UT2004! Thanks! Playing on dm-campgroungs is just better now.

They didn't show up in my game too. I checked the upl file and only Sarge has "FaceSkin=", so I did this:

(also Red skin for Gaunt didn't work due to "_1" in "BodySkin=jamestex.bod3_1")

Code:
              [Public]
              Player=(DefaultName="Sarge",Mesh=Sarge1.Sarge,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=Sarge.Sargebody,FaceSkin=Sarge.Sargebody,Portrait=Sarge.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Bitterman",Mesh=Bitter.Bitter,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=Bittertex.bitterman,FaceSkin=Bittertex.bitterman,Portrait=Bittertex.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Patriot",Mesh=Patriot.Patriot,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=patriottex.Patriot,FaceSkin=patriottex.Patriot,Portrait=patriottex.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Lucy",Race="Juggernaut",Mesh=Lucy.Lucy,species=xGame.SPECIES_Jugg,BodySkin=Lucytex.Lucy,FaceSkin=Lucytex.lucy_h,Portrait=Lucytex.pic1,Sex=Female,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,Aggressiveness=+0.3,Tactics=1.0,Accuracy=-0.4,Jumpiness=+0.75,BotUse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Grunt",Race="Juggernaut",Mesh=Grunt.Grunt,species=xGame.SPECIES_Jugg,BodySkin=Grunttex.Grunt,FaceSkin=Grunttex.grunt_h,Portrait=Grunttex.pic1,Sex=Male,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.SniperRifle,Aggressiveness=+0.1,Accuracy=+0.3,StrafingAbility=-1.0,Tactics=+0.5,BotUse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Orb",Mesh=orb.orb1,species=xGame.SPECIES_Bot,Sex=Male,BodySkin=orbtex.bod,FaceSkin=orbtex.orbb_h2,Portrait=orbtex.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="James",Mesh=JamesQ3A.JamesQ3A,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod,FaceSkin=jamestex.James,Portrait=jamestex.pic1,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Neptune",Mesh=JamesQ3A.neptune,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod1,FaceSkin=jamestex.neptunehead,Portrait=jamestex.pic2,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Morgan",Mesh=JamesQ3A.morgan,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod2,FaceSkin=jamestex.morganhead,Portrait=jamestex.pic3,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Gaunt",Mesh=JamesQ3A.guant1,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod3,FaceSkin=jamestex.gaunt_blu,Portrait=jamestex.pic4,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
              Player=(DefaultName="Mynx",Mesh=Mynx.mynxq3,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=Mynxtex.mynxbody,FaceSkin=Mynxtex.mynxbreast,Portrait=mynxtex.pic1,Sex=Female,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,Aggressiveness=+0.3,Tactics=1.0,Accuracy=-0.4,Jumpiness=+0.75,BotUse=3)

Comment

Originally posted by UnreAlex View Post
                Lucy, Mynx and Orb in UT2004! Thanks! Playing on dm-campgroungs is just better now.

They didn't show up in my game too. I checked the upl file and only Sarge has "FaceSkin=", so I did this:

(also Red skin for Gaunt didn't work due to "_1" in "BodySkin=jamestex.bod3_1")

Code:
                [Public]
                Player=(DefaultName="Sarge",Mesh=Sarge1.Sarge,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=Sarge.Sargebody,FaceSkin=Sarge.Sargebody,Portrait=Sarge.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Bitterman",Mesh=Bitter.Bitter,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=Bittertex.bitterman,FaceSkin=Bittertex.bitterman,Portrait=Bittertex.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Patriot",Mesh=Patriot.Patriot,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,Sex=Male,BodySkin=patriottex.Patriot,FaceSkin=patriottex.Patriot,Portrait=patriottex.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Lucy",Race="Juggernaut",Mesh=Lucy.Lucy,species=xGame.SPECIES_Jugg,BodySkin=Lucytex.Lucy,FaceSkin=Lucytex.lucy_h,Portrait=Lucytex.pic1,Sex=Female,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,Aggressiveness=+0.3,Tactics=1.0,Accuracy=-0.4,Jumpiness=+0.75,BotUse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Grunt",Race="Juggernaut",Mesh=Grunt.Grunt,species=xGame.SPECIES_Jugg,BodySkin=Grunttex.Grunt,FaceSkin=Grunttex.grunt_h,Portrait=Grunttex.pic1,Sex=Male,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.SniperRifle,Aggressiveness=+0.1,Accuracy=+0.3,StrafingAbility=-1.0,Tactics=+0.5,BotUse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Orb",Mesh=orb.orb1,species=xGame.SPECIES_Bot,Sex=Male,BodySkin=orbtex.bod,FaceSkin=orbtex.orbb_h2,Portrait=orbtex.pic1,Sex=male,Menu="",Aggressiveness=+0.5,CombatStyle=+0.6,Ragdoll=Male,botuse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="James",Mesh=JamesQ3A.JamesQ3A,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod,FaceSkin=jamestex.James,Portrait=jamestex.pic1,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Neptune",Mesh=JamesQ3A.neptune,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod1,FaceSkin=jamestex.neptunehead,Portrait=jamestex.pic2,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Morgan",Mesh=JamesQ3A.morgan,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod2,FaceSkin=jamestex.morganhead,Portrait=jamestex.pic3,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Gaunt",Mesh=JamesQ3A.guant1,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=jamestex.bod3,FaceSkin=jamestex.gaunt_blu,Portrait=jamestex.pic4,Sex=Male,Menu="",Tactics=2.0,StrafingAbility=+2.0,Accuracy=0.5,BotUse=3)
                Player=(DefaultName="Mynx",Mesh=Mynx.mynxq3,species=xGame.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=Mynxtex.mynxbody,FaceSkin=Mynxtex.mynxbreast,Portrait=mynxtex.pic1,Sex=Female,Menu="SP",FavoriteWeapon=xWeapons.FlakCannon,Aggressiveness=+0.3,Tactics=1.0,Accuracy=-0.4,Jumpiness=+0.75,BotUse=3)
                Thanks man! I have updated the UPL in the download link/ Funny that they showed up just fine in my game without these edits... oh well.

Comment

Thats such a great idea - they actually look better than in Quake3!
                  Staying tuned for more (Q3TeamArenaAddon?)!

P.S.: Arent the models actually
                  missing the alpha-maps btw.?
                  I thought the paks from Q3
                  even contain these.

Comment

Nope, Q3 only supports 2-D art. And even if they did, I wouldn't know how to assemble them haha

Comment

Hi Mrparadize,
                      I tried the pack out, its nice. The only problem I see is that the mesh smoothing groups don't appear to be set (which gives all of the player models sharp edges).

Comment

Interesting, I had no idea such a function existed.

Comment

The rigs are pretty weird too. I wanted to attempt re-rigging some of the characters but it appears that their T-poses are non-symmetrical. I wonder how did you even do it. Do you still have the models in their original T-poses or did you use something like 3d ripper dx to get them out of the game while playing?

Comment

The rigs are a little off due to the source files from Quake 3 Arena for the PC. Since this game leveraged vertex animation, none of the models were T-posed. When i exported the models from Q3A, they were all in a random frame of animation, such as running or jumping, so I had to rig them up to the ut2k4 biped in very awkward positions. This is why i gave up on converting the entire roster because some of the models were in such weird positions that it would have been extremely difficult to rig properly. And I'm self taught so I don't have the technical knowledge, expertise, or the time anymore to really nail them.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrparadize View Post
                              The rigs are a little off due to the source files from Quake 3 Arena for the PC. Since this game leveraged vertex animation, none of the models were T-posed. When i exported the models from Q3A, they were all in a random frame of animation, such as running or jumping, so I had to rig them up to the ut2k4 biped in very awkward positions. This is why i gave up on converting the entire roster because some of the models were in such weird positions that it would have been extremely difficult to rig properly. And I'm self taught so I don't have the technical knowledge, expertise, or the time anymore to really nail them.
                              You can extract content from the Quake 3 .pk3 or .pak files through winzip,Dragon UnPACKer 5 and convert the content through QuArK or any 3D app maybe milkshape 3D.There you should have a much better chance of finding a pose that you can use to rig for UT2k4.

Comment

Working...
                              X