Rocket Raccoon Character Skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocket Raccoon Character Skin

This skin has been released out of beta. The final version is here: https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...Character-Skin

Name: Rocket Raccoon
    Version: 1.1.0b
    Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004 patch 3369
    Comments: Made with Blender, GIMP, UModel, 3DS Max, and UnrealEd.
    Advertisement: Go buy Guardians of the Galaxy on DVD or Bluray. Great movie. Bought mine on iTunes. Also, feel free to stop by Disastrous Consequences found in the invasion server list.
    Description: I watched Guardians of the Galaxy for the first time in the summer of 2014 and I was instantly hooked on this cheeky character. It wasn't long before I decided to make him into a UT 2004 character. His theme fits so well with the game.

Change Log:
    Version: 1.1.0b
    Date: 12/15/14
    Modified Files: RocketRaccoon.ukx, RocketRaccoonTex.utx, RocketRaccoon.upl
    1. Jefe contributed to these changes
    2. Brightened red team skin
    3. Changed name to "RocketRaccoon" and variants of it for additional skins
    4. Changed transparency in face to "clip-alpha" mode to reduce transparency problems
    5. Minor fix to bone influences on mesh
    6. Minor changes to UPL file to make the skin more bot and mod friendly

[CENTER]Credits: Disney, Marvel Studios, Epic Games, Digital Extremes, Jefe, and Dragon7350

I love it. It is almost perfect. There is a small issue with opacity on the fur/whiskers though.

(click to enlarge)

I figured out an alternate final blend/shader combo that seems to fix it well enough. I'll send it to you via PM or talk to me on steam/xfire about it.

(click to enlarge)

All of the team colors were set to LODSET_World instead of Player Skin.

Other thoughts:

Custom species can cause problems when playing online, due to anti cheat mutators not allowing players to join if they have custom species loaded. So best to either provide an alternate UPL or additional selectable characters with a standard species. Also as a personal preference, I think it looks better when you're playing against bots if they don't have names like Rocket(Blue). You can either make up some other names and put them in as DUPs, or do something like this

-Rocket- +Rocket+ =Rocket= (Rocket) Rocket-Racoon etc. Must be standard ascii characters and no spaces. Another option is to set botuse to 0 on the alt colors, but if you put them on a team, you still see those names.

The red skin is a bit too dark compared to the other team skins.

Comment

Version 1.1.0b is up. Read the change log added in the first post to see what's new/fixed.
      If there aren't any more problems within the next week, it'll be final. I will submit a voice pack separately some time.

Comment

Working...
      X