Unreal Tournament: 2341 Beta 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal Tournament: 2341 Beta 2

Beta 2 of UT2341 has been released! Many fixes and additions have been included, and multiplayer support has been added.

For more info on the mod check our ModDB

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2341-hd-arsenal

Originally posted by changelog
    - finished bio rifle with updated particles and handling
    - instagib mutator (with super shock rifle texture/particles)
    - teleport/respawn sounds and effects
    - removed pickup bases
    - implemented slow spin for weapons/items
    - implemented pickups (medkit, healthvial sounds, UDamage, Shield Belt)
    - Finished HUD for all modes except ONS
    - Bots use correct pawn (Teleport/respawn/shield belt effects)
    - red screenflash when taking damage
    - many bug fixes
    Trailer (made with older build)

Screenshots

[shot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/26/25256/2014-08-21_00017.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/26/25256/2014-08-21_00044.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://media.moddb.com/images/articles/1/167/166210/auto/1408884473.jpg[/shot]

[shot]http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/39725256837066082/A656AB88FE7C14389C6E8CFD20F83E1C3A893DB7/[/shot]

[shot]http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/74/73774/2014-08-23_00013.jpg[/shot]

Download:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/ut2341-hd-.../ut2341-beta-2

beta 2 is an *%$load of fun to play, good job

Comment

It looks great. Thanks to everyone who worked on this!

Comment

Please also make a mutator to use the
        weapons in the UT2004 Unreal1 game!

Comment

Absolutely incredible. Now i can switch between the different weapons sets of every UT game. Much love brother, keep up the more than stellar work.

Comment

Comment

Downloaded both beta 1 & beta 2. The fixes for beta 2 include the pickups. I'm not seeing the breast plate armor. I'm currently running v3369 w/bonus pack * megapack installed.

Originally posted by BloodShot12 View Post

Comment

UT2004.log from a session where UT2341 was played, please.

Originally posted by Kaal979
                Please also make a mutator to use the
                weapons in the UT2004 Unreal1 game!
                I only work on things relevant to multiplayer. If they happen to be relevant to singleplayer as well, great. If not, don't ask for them.

Same goes for excessive configuration - if it's not gameplay-relevant, like translocator in Instagib or transloc-punting, please don't ask for it.

Example of the types of requests that will be handled:

- Chainsaw
                - Swap handling for Ripper in UT2004 maps
                - Feedback on weapon handling differences between UT99 and UT2341 (please don't report the Minigun altfire, we know). Exception: Requests to nerf a weapon which differs from UT99 handling for balance reasons (Ripper primary)
                - Bugs
                - Commentary on effects

Example of the types of requests that will be ignored:

- Config options for mixing UT2341 and UT2004 content, including but not limited to the weapons, pickups, HUD and movement handling. UT2341's weapons work for UT99 movement and this mod is intended to be monolithic.
                - "Remove walldodge".
                - Compatibility with any other weapon mod.
                - Non-standard UT99 content.
                - Singleplayer campaign support or support for any other singleplayer-only content (Multiplayer Game of the Year - if you have an internet connection you've no excuse)
                - Trivial, gameplay-irrelevant differences between UT99 and UT2341 where not caused by a bug (e.g. how the ShieldMan doesn't turn purple when you pick up a UDamage). UT2341 seeks to emulate UT99 but not down to the very last detail.
                - Playermodels (outside our scope)

Enjoy the mod.

Comment

Originally posted by hnsolojre View Post
                  Downloaded both beta 1 & beta 2. The fixes for beta 2 include the pickups. I'm not seeing the breast plate armor. I'm currently running v3369 w/bonus pack * megapack installed.
                  Curious, did you delete the beta1 files from your system folder before playing beta 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael View Post
                    UT2004.log from a session where UT2341 was played, please.

I noticed in the /system/ directory that there were separate files for UT2341WEAPONS....beta1 & beta2. I removed the beta1 files and now everything (weapons & pickups) seem to appear correctly.

Comment

Tried Beta 2. Great work guys!! I love the feel, to me it seems to match the original game's balance and weapon handling. Fantastic stuff!

If you get around to releasing an update, a few things to consider:
                      1. Rigidize the skeletal meshes using MSM_Mixed and delete the unneeded LODs (1-3) for the first person meshes. It improves performance for those of us on older machines (much appreciated!!!) and matches what UT2k4 did for its skeletal meshes.
                      2. Include a UTR2341_readme.txt file with the release! I want to know who did all this great work! Although I know it can look unprofessional, I also would not mind seeing a brief list of you guys added to the mutator description to....

One minor animation thing that bugs me a tiny bit is the barrel movement on the sniper rifle (SR). Moving in/backward during when firing (especially by that amount) seems very strange to me. Its by no means a deal breaker, just seems strange. Also, if there was a way to shorten (or maybe de-clip) the thumb on the SR's supporting arm it would look less distorted. But that's it, everything else feels spot on!

Thanks for all of the hard work you guys put in to this, this is quite a treat!

Comment

Server hosting update. Beta2 is now hosted on:

LDG-Gaming (Europe): ut2004://178.33.238.38:9950
                        Shadow Mavericks (U.S.): ut2004://64.74.97.177:7777

Originally posted by meowcat
                        1. Rigidize the skeletal meshes using MSM_Mixed and delete the unneeded LODs (1-3) for the first person meshes. It improves performance for those of us on older machines (much appreciated!!!) and matches what UT2k4 did for its skeletal meshes.
                        2. Include a UTR2341_readme.txt file with the release! I want to know who did all this great work! Although I know it can look unprofessional, I also would not mind seeing a brief list of you guys added to the mutator description to....
                        1. Is that causing performance issues for you right now? That was planned for later betas as it's less interesting than coding, but if it's causing you issues right now I'll fix up the meshes in the next release... barring any frustrating things like the rigidizer's tendency to obliterate parts of models.
                        2. It's on ModDB which was our only release vector beforehand. A readme will be added for future editions, I'm sure.

This project's animator is Blade Sword, who posts here under Blade_hunter, so I'm sure he'll see your comment on the sniper.

Glad that you're enjoying the mod.

Comment

The long barrel recoil system was an Idea from Me and Bloodshot. As for the animation side I wanted to give a sort of realistic reason for its slow fire rate. I mean In later UTs they made a sort of bolt action sound and then a bolt action animation. A thing I found totally lame as it's supposed to be a futuristic game. So I used a system from an exiting modern rifle and applied it to this sniper rifle.
                          So when you shoot the barrel and Bolt goes back, then barrel starts to regain its initial position, once the barrel is near to be fully forward, the empty case is ejected and once the barrel is back to position, the bolt starts to move forward and chambers a new round; once the bolt chambers the round it locks and you are ready to fire the next round.
                          So while it gives a reason for its slow fire it gives also an other reason about why it stays accurate after each shot because it pretty much absorbs all the recoil.

Comment

@ Azarael: Not a big deal about rigidizing (I did it myself for this release's .ukx file), but I'd love it if you guys could do it for the final release. Also on a side note I'm getting some log spam along the lines of the following:
                            Code:
                            ScriptLog: BeaconOut: False PutDown 0.00
                            ScriptLog: BeaconOut: False PutDown 0.00
                            ScriptLog: BeaconOut: False PutDown 0.94
                            Warning: UT2341Translocator CTF-Aedes.UT2341Translocator (Function UT2341Weapons_BETA2.UT2341Translocator.BeaconOut:0058) Accessed None 'ThirdPersonActor'
                            ScriptLog: BeaconOut: False PutDown 0.70
                            ScriptLog: BeaconOut: False Select 0.58
                            @ Blade_hunter: Yeah, I kind of figured that why the animation was done that way and I can live with it (it just clashes with my experience with the M16, spent several weeks carrying one back in 2003... but that's my problem not yours ). If you do get a chance to fix the thumb though, that would be great as it looks really long/skinny. Either way though, the models all look great!

Comment

I will try to fix that thumb

Comment

Working...
                              X