Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Gears of War UT2004 Models - Skorge, Karn, Thrashball Locust

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mrparadize View Post
    Take it or leave it brother, i can provide you with the source files if you would like to make them less "trashy".
    I never modeled anything than map geometry.
    Since the trashball for me is the only good model
    ingame its abit sad but no problem tho.

Comment

Originally posted by hunterman View Post
      well if you manage to port the boomer as an Animation I might do something about it. Most of them would do like Theron,Drone,Grenadier,Boomer,Mauler,Grinders,wren ches,Tickers,and Kantus if you do those then I'll be more than happy to do them.
      Currently, I am finishing up Queen Myrahh, Theron, RAAM, Beserker, Hunter, Grenadier, Sniper, Kantus, Breacher, and Drone. Boomer and Savage Drone im having big issues with. I struggle with shoulders, especially if the mesh has shoulder pads or armor. I can't get the weights to look right. The back shoulder ends up looking stretched from the spine. If anyone has pointer, let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
        I never modeled anything than map geometry.
        Since the trashball for me is the only good model
        ingame its abit sad but no problem tho.
        Yeah I'd be disappointed too, but that's why i put a disclaimer of sorts in my OP.

I began porting these without the intention of releasing them to the public. When I'm running around in UT at 1000 miles an hour, i don't notice the quirks in the meshes. But.. Instead of keeping these models to myself, i figured some people might get amusement out of them or help complete them.

Comment

I had same issue as Alex, but easy fix. They look good. Thrashball model especially cool, since I'm a bit of an old-school Bloodbowl fan

edit: true for all models

Comment

Is this true for the upl files for all of these models or just Skorge? Weird that they work for me.. However, i add the code to my xplayers1 file, so that might be the difference.

Comment

all models needed faceskin= , otherwise they don't show up in menu as model, although I think I was playing as one before I changed UPL
              two I think work with just bod texture as faceskin
              FaceSkin=karntex.bod
              FaceSkin=thrashballtex.bod

skorge fix is different: faceskin=scorgetex.Locust_Skorge_Legs_D ......also, skorge texture file is sCorge

skins are fine + they're all stable... good fun

Comment

Working...
              X