G-Police: Weapons of Justice vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the forum!

Did you update your game to latest version? Did you install ECE?

Comment

Yes. The ECE is installed and the game is patched to version 3369.

Comment

UT2004.log please.

Additionally, all of the assets are packaged into GPoliceAnims.ukx. Unreal packages, regardless of extension, can hold multiple distinct types of asset.

Comment

Any plans to port the original explosion effects?

Comment

I'm not the greatest Emitter artist, so if anyone wants to improve them or make them more distinct I'll add a credit for you. The original explosion effects, if I recall, are exactly the same for low-radius explosives in G-Police; I've been playing it recently to get reference for the upcoming Venom MK 1.

Comment

@Azarael

Haven't had time to download the mod yet but in the pic of the Rhino unit the chassis has to be moved up a little bit as the top part of the front wheels are in the actual chassis which looks odd.Your version of the Havoc unit to me looks the most authentic of the three units!

Comment

You're correct on the Rhino, the suspension is a little soft.

The Venom MK2 is quite interpretative in comparison to the Havoc - the original Venom MK2 texture used in game was very bland, so I had to compensate. If units which are more true to the original game are your preference, you might like the upcoming Venom MK1:

This ship is as close to 1:1 as it's ever going to get.

Comment

Oooo, that thing looks cool! Looking forward to it!

Comment

It is very interesting game.thanks sir! nice work.

Comment

Updated. FX tweaks (including teamcolored thrusters), number tweaks for the weapons and the Venom MK I is available, albeit without teamskins and with texture mirroring. Given the teamcolored thrusters, the former isn't much of an issue.

Comment

Tested it and works good.

Now that I tested it on long range air maps (such as AirMars), I felt that the rocket range was a little short compared to the laser or the BBQ bomb. Maybe you can increase it?

Comment

I'm going to assume you mean the MATRA rockets here? They're an unguided ground-attack / close range weapon. Hypervelocity missiles are the long-range unguided weapon.

Comment

I mean especially starburst and soul seeker.

Comment

Seekers are slow but maneouverable and will continue to track targets until they're destroyed, unlike standard Raptor missiles. The intended usage of those is mostly to force the opponent to move away from the missile rather than as a direct source of damage, which is how the more elite fighters in G-Police would respond if tracked.

Starburst missiles are pretty niche. They each deal more damage as the number of vehicles within range when you fire increases, but track poorly and will almost alway miss fast-moving targets. The main usage is to clear out congregations of camping vehicles.

Comment

Working...
                              X