G-Police: Weapons of Justice vehicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

G-Police: Weapons of Justice vehicles

A vehicle pack containing the Havoc, Venoms MK I and II and Rhino from G-Police and its sequel G-Police: Weapons of Justice, with varying degrees of interpretation in the design. Destroyed meshes are currently missing. The Havoc and both Venom gunships are all but complete and have a selection of weapons. The Rhino lacks teamskins - I've been unhappy with any attempt to make them for the Rhino, so I'll distinguish it differently.

Havoc:

Venom MK1:

Venom MK2:

Rhino:

Please note that in this version at least, these vehicles are only balanced against themselves.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/mb.../GPoliceB2.rar

Really nice work on these!
    Controls are smooth, visuals and sounds are great. I didn't really test balance right now.

My only problem was the weapon selection in the Venom and Havoc. I don't have any bindings to "next" or "previous" weapon, and the numbers displayed in the HUD seem to be hardcoded and do not match my bindings at all. I can imagine I'm not the only one here.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. Have updated the side display to use the first of the player's binds for that alias returned by the BindingToKey command.

Comment

Ahhh!

G-Police... that makes old memories come back... I had a demo of the first game on a shareware CD years ago.

Going to try them out tomorrow... I always liked the design and now they are in UT2004... *sigh* *in love*

Comment

I never played the game, but these vehicles look pretty cool.
          Now we need some police to ride in them right.

Comment

Installed it now and testing will commence... But I wonder what's the reason for the extra GPolice.u file in the rar?

EDIT:
            So tested it, works pretty well and I especially like the Venom. Style is great and I liked those lasers in the real game too.

The only bugs I could find was the cluster bomb on the havoc sometimes not following aim but dropping below aim. And the vehicles didn't show up with Swaptool. Maybe I just overlooked them because I have a whole lot of custom vehicles but I looked through it thoroughly and didn't find anything called venom...

By the way, will you make first person cockpits? Would be very cool!

Comment

The extra GPolice.u was an oversight and it's been removed.

Havoc's cluster bomb is affected by gravity. It's initially launched in the direction of your aim. Don't know how SwapTool works.

The Havoc did actually have a first person cockpit view (i.e. just viewing through the cockpit as it exists on the Havoc model) but it was removed after gameplay complaints. In console, typing "set Havoc bDrawMeshInFP True" will allow you to see what it would have looked like.

Comment

Hmm, but I launched the cluster bomb when I was hovering above a target without moving and when I changed the angle of aim the bomb sometimes followed aim and sometimes was launched way below aim... I admit I was under fire but in third person the vehicle didn't move at all.

Normally SwapTool gets all vehicles that exist in the folders, even if there are no swap mutators for them. I'll look again, maybe I just missed them.

Aww that's sad about the cockpit... maybe you can make a cockpit version and one without? So the cockpit version(s) could be called "Havoc_c" or something?

Comment

Ah, I didn't include a .ucl file, which is why SwapTool won't work. I'm updating the package, or you can generate it yourself using ucc exportcache GPolice.u

Cluster bombs are launched with an offset from the main body, which might also explain the displacement.

If you think the current cockpit view is worth having a setting for, I'll just add a config option for it.

Comment

I get that it's supposed to be a bomb but still the offset is sometimes much larger than other times.

They show up in Swaptool now but like this:

Code:
                    Havoc
                    Havoc (Admin)
                    Havoc
                    Rhino
                    Rhino (Admin)
                    Venom MKII
                    Venom MKII (Admin)
                    Venom MKII
                    Also, the Rhino I chose appeared as a hellbender with a machinegun turret. I suspect that there's another vehicle with the same name that the game chooses instead, could you add some tag to the name so it stays unique?

And yes I think it's worth having that option.

Comment

me do want!! sexy carzs!

Comment

Baryonyx, your requests have been fulfilled.

To force cockpit view on compatible vehicles (i.e. just the Havoc) do set havoc bcockpitview true in console.

Comment

Top! Everything seems to work as it should now.

And also I found out what causes this strange bomb thing... the Havoc is tilting downwards when aiming downwards which is unusual for flying vehicles in UT2004. But now that I know it it's just a matter of getting used to it. And it does make more sense for such a kind of vehicle if you think about it.

So nothing more to be improved IMO other than what you said yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
                            Ahhh!

G-Police... that makes old memories come back... I had a demo of the first game on a shareware CD years ago.

Going to try them out tomorrow... I always liked the design and now they are in UT2004... *sigh* *in love*
                            I am lucky enough to have the original GPolice game and still have it.Never finished it though.

Comment

The vehicles do not appear in my game. I did notice when I rechecked the archived file that there was no texture file.

Comment

Working...
                              X