[MUTATOR]Pro Instagib[FEEDBACK]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MUTATOR]Pro Instagib[FEEDBACK]

Okay, here's an idea for a mutator that I'd like everyone's opinion on. It basically takes the repetition out of standard IG play:

Here's what I had in mind: developing a mutator that gave you TWO weapons: The Shock Rifle (the instagib rifle), and the Lightening Gun. This is what their roles would be:

1. Shock Rifle: Fires combo balls as well as the insta beam... both are 1 hit kills. No zoom capabilities.
    2. Lightening Gun: Also 1 hit kills, but has zoom capability AND headshot capability.

Naturally, all players would have both weapons and unlimited ammo, just like Instagib. You would just switch between them.

This adds a little flexibility to the IG arena by adding shock combos to the game without having to remove Zoom capabilities.

Any feedback would be much appreciated. Also, if you can think of anything that would help spice this up a bit, please let me know. Keep in mind I don't want it to be overly complicated. I don't what people to be horribly confused when they play this, so I want to find a balance between keeping it simple but keeping it interested.

Thanks!

if u had a IG shock combo it would be soooo spamy....

IG is more of a skill game where u have to have very good aiming i wouldnt mind playing you mod so long as you dont call it Pro IG cos its not IG at all....

Comment

Originally posted by !Wicked DUDE!

IG is more of a skill game where u have to have very good aiming i wouldnt mind playing you mod so long as you dont call it Pro IG cos its not IG at all....
      I slowed down the rate of fire on the combo ball specifically to reduce spam... and hitting shock combos still requires a lot of skill...

Anywho, I really think people will enjoy this a lot... it's still instagib: 1 shot-kills. The only difference is I've given the player a little flexibility in his weapon choice, whereas before, the Zoom feature only favored snipers. With this mutators, the flag runners will have a tool that they can use - the combo.

I also don't like the dull red/blue beam effect, so I'm using the shock rifle's characteristics.

There's already a mutator out (UltraInstagib) that allows combos. There's also a mutator out that allows IG'ers headshot capabilities. I wanted a mutator that could do both, but with only a primary and secondary fire, that's pretty difficult to accomplish. The alternative was an IG mutator that had two weapons: 1 with a zoom secondary fire, and 1 with a combo secondary fire.

Thank you for your feedback, but I disagree that it's "not instagib", because it is. All Instagib means is One Hit To Kill... and this mutator holds true to that. The difference here is that it adds another dynamic to it.

Comment

Originally posted by !Wicked DUDE!

lool..ig a skill game......lool

Comment

Originally posted by Rlyeh Ftaghn
          lool..ig a skill game......lool
          If you have nothing useful to add, don't post.

Door...***... you know the rest.

BTW - the same argument could be made for the Spam Cannon and the Spam Launcher.

The whole NW vs IG debate has been done a hundred times. Do a search and flame in those threads. That's not what this particular thread is about.

Comment

Working...
          X