• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    Oh wow I missed an update.
    Here's a mirror http://rusut.ru/addons/0-0-0-4203-20

Leave a comment:

• replied
    First post updated with the ModDB page link.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you I will wait to get it but at least it will be preserved and available for everyone

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Blade_hunter. I've uploaded the file to ModDB as an AddOn to UT2k4. As soon as the file is authorized/added I'll update the link in the first post (sorry, I meant to upload this to ModDB quite a few months ago)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    :'( I came here to say that the download link disappeared since gamefront impeded me to get it now it threw it away ...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Awhile ago someone released a jetpack which flowed behind the character with a remarkable gap.
    And also was a jetpack released obviously with multiplayer only in mind and i posted the question
    why these cant have vehicle status for bots and fly around like lets say raptors?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Hi Ollievrthecool: By the way thank you for posting the video! There are already pickups for each type of jetpack included in the file, just look for the console "summon" commands I listed in the readme.txt file. The one thing to note is that the pickups (when summoned) will currently only use the default values for the jetpack, and will ignore the settings of the mutator for boosting etc. unless the mutator is also used in the game. The settings are config variables for the mutator, but normal variables for the jetpacks and therefore have to be set by the mutator's IsRelevant function, or by manually changing them by using the "set" console command (e.g. "set jetpackym_inv bJumpingActivates true" or "set hlrjetpackym_inv MaxJPBoostSpeed 800"). Maybe I'll make these config vars in the jetpack class instead...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have a suggestion.
    They jump boots are pickups that can be used by any player. Like the jump boots, do u think u can make the jetpack a pickup along side the jumb boots? This may have already been suggested but I might as well mention it

Leave a comment:

• replied
    New version posted, fixes a few bugs and adds very basic Bot functionality. See first post or my signature for the gamefront link. I've included "code hooks" to allow everybody else to experiment with trying to code better bot functionality (sample code class included in the download).

Hi Blade_hunter, I will be adding a ModDB link as soon as a few folks try this version out let me know that this version is OK (no major bugs/glitches), or 24 hours from now, whichever is sooner.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    And no moddb of course or whatever that isn't gamefront (considering that I can't DL it)

Leave a comment:

• replied

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Kaal979: Do you have an example where the jetpack "flies behind" the player model? Is there a specific character model for which this is a problem? Generally, I can not make any guarantees that the jetpack placement will look correct for all custom player models; any that use a custom skeleton and animations (with differing bone names) would have to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

Also, can you describe how you would want bots to use the Jetpack?

[Edit] Ok, I did a little testing, it looks like having the bots use the jetpack may not look quite as bad as I feared... but that being said they still won't use it as well as a human player would (they will basically be switching to PHYS_Flying and moving around instead of the player-type jump boosting). Once I get a semi-working version with the bots I will post it.

[EDIT 2] I got the bots using the jetpack now to slow their descents when jumping off of things (or having missed a jump), and some rudimentary (kind of an ugly hack) code whereby they try to fly if they are "jumpy", and have an enemy in sight, but it does not really help their combat behavior much.... If there is no enemy in sight and they are near the ground they turn off the jetpack.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yes - dont make the jetpack appear
    largeish and flying behind the models and
    at best so that bots know how to use it!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    @ Ollievrthecool: Thanks for trying the jetpack out!

Ok, I should have a new version up in a day or two. I fixed the swimming up/jetpack turning on bug, as well as turning the jetpack off if the player is in a vehicle. I've got a basic fuel bar display next to the number now (color now changes from green, to yellow, to red based on amount left). I've also adjusted the smoothing groups on the high-poly model (thanks Aberiu!), so it looks real good with Aberiu's new skin texture. I've added new settings for the fuel recharge rate and maximum fall speed while the jetpack is hovering. The setting for maximum boosting is what I'm working on now.

Along the way I discovered a very bizarre bug when importing skeletal meshes via #EXEC commands in .uc script files. If I tried to import more than one skeletal mesh in a single .uc file, the smoothing groups of the second skeletal mesh get wiped out (or rather, per the UCC.log file, the vertices are collapsed during welding as they are deemed redundant, even though that same action was not performed on the first mesh). All I had to do to fix this was place the #EXEC import directives for the second model in a separate .uc script file and it started working. To me this seems to indicate some sort of bug in the way the skeletal mesh import .dll keeps settings when processing multiple meshes, parsing a .uc file in between seems to clear these settings (importing a texture file or animation in between the mesh imports did not seem to fix it).

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Nice New Model! Love it xD

Leave a comment:

Working...
X