Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

HUD Scaling Fix (RC3)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HUD Scaling Fix (RC3)

Description
    This mutator replaces the HUDs of all standard gametypes. It will work with custom gametypes which use a standard HUD class. The replacement HUDs draw widgets in the correct ratio for your current screen resolution. Additionally, support for the UT2003 HUDs has been added. These can be switched to via the mutator options.

As this mutator replaces the HUD, it is naturally not compatible with any other mutator which does so as well. If the other mutator's custom HUD can safely be replaced (as in the case of UTComp, for example), this mutator can be made the first in the mutator chain.

Additional console commands:
    General:
    scalehud x: Scales the HUD. Allows values greater than 1. Maxes at ResScaleX / ResScaleY.
    Mutant:
    togglecenterradar: Toggles between the default Mutant radar (which I find to be incredibly distracting) and code for a smaller radar drawn just below the top of the screen.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/5c...FixRelease.rar (Final)

Nice work. About the UT2003 HUD option, would it be possible to split that into its own mutator (and have both use the same group so they don't conflict)? That would be useful for users of MapMixer, so that each match would start with a different HUD.

Comment

Certainly. Splitting now.

Done and updated.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Was tested with UTComp or is just an assumption ? . . .

Comment

UTComp replaces the HUD to draw its custom crosshairs. Since the custom crosshairs are useless functionality when things like the K-Aus crosshair pack are available and their aspect ratio fixed as part of this fix, you can simply put this mutator before UTComp in the mutator chain and they'll work fine together.

Comment

Updated again. The fixed UT2004 HUDs now subclass the original HUDs rather than forking from HudBase, solving some compatibility issues, notably with Onslaught. The HUDs also now automatically switch between standard (stretching) and widescreen-fix modes depending on whether or not your aspect ratio is greater than 4:3.

If any gametype creators are passing by, I'd implore you to implement such functionality in your own HUDs. The stretched HUD is really obnoxious to look at.

Comment

Is there a way to use your widescreen HUD in singleplayer career mode, seeing how there isn't an option to use mutators there? I really want to use this.

Comment

I don't believe there is without modifying XGame.u, which is a standard package.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael View Post
                    I don't believe there is without modifying XGame.u, which is a standard package.
                    What happens if you modify XGame.u?

Comment

Then you can't play online any more.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                        Then you can't play online any more.
                        I don't mind swapping the file everytime really.

Comment

Working...
                        X