No announcement yet.

[WIP Beta 1] Roland,Bruiser,Mordecai,Sheriff,Goliath,Nomad,Midg et,Axto n,Zero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they way they're set up is good, I'd rather see a levitating gun than a twisted wrist. The wrist is far more noticeable from a distance.

Also, I really wish the voice taunts matched the UT2004 defaults a bit better. Invasion players use a lot of taunts like "negative!" "affirmative!" "Nice" "Medic" etc. as a regular part of gameplay. It's not so cool when those "team" taunts are stuff like "Go to HELL!"

Comment

Will you be able to port any other main characters? Someone requested Lilith on our invasion server. If you send me the mesh and textures, I'd be happy to rig it.

Comment

I'll check with MJpoland on the voice pack acknowledgements and taunts and see if there is a few sounds that will work for those.
        Also I have been chatting with him about doing some more characters, so this is exciting to do more.

I was rigging Lilith, she is half rigged, I could probably finish her up because I had some other skins for her, but I originally put her on the back burner
        , me and MJpoland had plans to do some others like Nomad, Marauder, Maya, Krieg, and I could easily make killer, elite, and crazed versions of them.
        I will look at Lilith, and I am pretty sure I can have a few more characters done soon.

Comment

Nice work with Psycho Bandit, Parkis. I personaly haven't played
          Borderlands and want to try this game. And my left arm hurts because
          I took a nap and lying on my left side which made my hand numb.

BTW, my post is to 101, like Vault 101 from Fallout 3.
          Oh, and I changed my avatar. Apology for being off topic.

Comment

Great. It's important for team taunts to at least match the tone of the originals, and for innocuous taunts to not be mapped to the same slots as any of the mature UT2004 taunts. No need to offend people needlessly.

Comment

I have updated this thread.
              There a few more download links and if you need another download option instead of mediafire, let me know.

The marauders have some cool looking shoulder armor, although rigging them seems awkward.
              They look cool most of the time, but the armor may have some weird looks, but its either they look like they do,
              or like in the second Killer Marauder i tried to do a combo weighting to 2 or 3 joints, and it stretches it,
              so I'm not sure that will work, so they rest have the armor setting on the shoulders, and it looks fine to me.

From what I hear there are a lot of skins out there for some models, and I'm not really worried about it now.
              If anyone wants to mention a skin, I can try and get a skin pack for any model if there is an interest.

Also I have been moving the screenshots around, I am trying to get some of the main pictures in the first post,
              and I may combine some of the pics. I will post more screens at some point.
              I also will have the artwork available in case I don't have it posted, and also in larger sizes.
              Some of the character info is really almost nonexistent, so a good character bio may be difficult.
              Also I had to make up with some of my own names for similar named characters,
              since in the game they have different different armor and skins in different parts of the game.

Comment

Thanks in advance!

P.S.: Just checked them ingame and the crazed
                marauders look viewable only the others are messed imo.
                Are those weird short legs really in the borderlands game?

Comment

Great work Parkis, and some nice voicepacks MJPoland.

Comment

Great, the marauders really fit into the UT2004 look!

Comment

I tested this masterpiece art dude its sexy and cool, one of the best skinsmodels i've seen to date ( they are some another good skins models there out for ut2k4 ). Dude finish when possible dont rush it I would love to have this pack in my collection!
                      Thanks to mjpoland as ever great quality voices! haha

Comment

wow, that's a lot of cool looking stuff; been playing a lot of doom 3 but I guess it's time to fire up ut and give these a whirl. Thanks Parkis!

Comment

Thank you all for your support. I am looking at the Maya next.
                          I think the shoulder armor will be fixed on the rest, so it's like it is on the Crazy Marauder.
                          I don't see any other solution, it looks good that way.
                          As far as the legs that Kaal mentioned, I haven't scaled down the legs, but I don't think
                          that it is really that noticeable, especially when your fighting them.
                          Also a lot of borderlands enemies scale down body parts for different variations in enemies,
                          like the badass Psycho which I may do, has one very short arm in the first Borderlands.

Comment

Same goes for Borderlands 2, badass psychos have irregular sized limbs there as well.

Nice pack by the way!
                            Now we need Borderlands-style maps.

Comment

New things for me to make a Monster out of.

Comment

Pretty good ports but one thing i noticed is theres a hole in the left side of Lilliths neck probably due to a misplaced vertex in the rigging. Still theyre pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X