X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] Wicked (Quake Live)

Final Download

========

This is me trying to port Quake Live FxR|Jude's map "Wicked" to Unreal Tournament 2004 . . .

I'm using GLXtractor (a GUI for OGLE), to capture 3D geometric data from an OpenGL application . . .

The first part is the resulting .OBJ from capture, the second part is the cleanliness I had to do, take me almost 4 hours . . .

I hope I do not get bored before finishing . . .

:P

UnrealArgentina.com

Added some detail...

Comment

Texturing completed, ready to export...

Comment

Amazing work, love it. We host flashback nights Friday & Saturday. About 125 UT99 maps, 50 Quake and many more. Our server (SoL) is full every night. Can't wait to add it to the rotation.

Comment

Finally someone who cares ! . . .

:P

Already in the editor (I need to sleep) . . .

Comment

BETA download

Known bugs

• One of the SM at the corridors junction flickers at certain camera angles

To do

• Level info
            • Pathing fine tuning
            • Sounds effects
            • Static meshes
            • Billboards
            • Jumpads
            • Lights
            • Teleporters
            • Textures
            • Billboards
            • Detail textures
            • Clouds
            • Jumpads
            • Lights
            • Teleporters
            • Zoning

Some info

Weapons are in same place as in QL, except Grenade Launcher that is replaced with Bio Rifle (and I changed his location too) and second Rocket Launcher (in magma) that is replaced with Shock Rifle . . .

The original has two shields of 50, I changed upper shield for a 100 (I didn't want to leave it near Shock, where is one of the 50). . .

There are 2 ammo per weapon (included Assault Rifle), 4 healths, 20 vials, 20 adrenalines (I'm going to reduce this to 10) and 32 respawns (I threw everything at the map for the sake of beta test) . . .

(Ammos are scattered away from guns on purpose)

Comment

Comment

I had a friend make the teleporter, problem is I don't have the textures.

Also, if you would like to see it played tonight with a full server, let me know.

Comment

Added the original jump pads and emitters. Tweaked lighting, should compliment the light fixers when you add them.

http://soldenver.site.nfoservers.com...ads/JUMPAD.rar

Also, here's the demo from last night, full server.

http://soldenver.site.nfoservers.com...-SoLDenver.zip

Might need these muts.

http://soldenver.site.nfoservers.com...s/Mutators.rar

Comment

Oh, thanks :O . . .

(I can't see the demo, asks for a ton of packages :/)

Some progress:

Comment

looking really cool

Comment

Thanks ! . . .

Comment

BETA 2 Download

Known bugs

• Now, vials at the same corridors junction flickers at certain camera angles
                          • Teleports doesn't change players yaw

To do

• Location names
                          • Pathing fine tuning
                          • Textures
                          • Detail textures
                          • Fallback materials
                          • Zoning

Some info

Removed adrenaline (20 to 10), approached one ammo at every weapon, changed all ammo places, removed Assault ammo (2 to 1) . . .

Comment

wow, looks and plays sweet! goes good with the Quake announcer. player count, about 4. Bots working well overall.

I would sometimes get stuck behind the new teleport meshes, not trapped, just stuck. Otherwise no problems.

If you do any more of these conversions, I vote bigger map. So I can get some quake 4 invasion monsters in there.

Well done, thanks! Looking forward to full release.

Comment

Yeap, I stated the teleport issue here but no answer so far, maybe I will have better luck in BU . . .

Maybe I'll do more, I chose it because the size precisely, I was asked for Black Cathedral . . .

========

Well, I fixed two retarded things:

First: I packed the song in the download and I didn't specified it in the level properties (...) . . .

Second: I wasn't aware of the cameras not working online, I quickly fixed it with the Ultimate Mapping Tools (now included) . . .

(Maybe I'll use the special jumpPads and teleports included, they interact with the projectiles)

Beta 3 Download

========

I noticed problems relatives to pathing, specifically the jumpSpots to Shock, I'm working on it . . .

I'm going to tone down the lower level texture too, is very bright, reduce the reflectors corona sizes and lower the lower ambientSound . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X