• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss Army Target Painter V2!!!

Name: Swiss Army Target Painter
    Version: 2.0
    Compatibility: UT2004
    Description: A Target Painter that allows the user to pick from a variety of air support.
    Comments: Must of the inspiration of this weapon come from many of the kill streaks from the Call of Duty series.
    Screenshots:
    • Napalm:
      Bio: Similar to the original Target Painter, this version calls in a napalm strike in a targeted area. Targets within range of the strike will immediately develop severe burns, and loss of oxygen due to the intense flames.
    • Hammer Strike:
      Bio: Ones an area has been painted, a fast moving bomber sweeps in and drops a heavy explosive projectile that can pulverize through almost any armored vehicle.
    • Spider Mine Pit:
      Bio: Instead of deploying explosives, a plane will drop a device into the battlefield that produces a number of spider mines in a short amount of time. Watch as your enemies unknowingly walk into your minefield just to be overran by a swarm of spider mines.
    • Vehicle Airdrop:
      Bio: Unlike other painters that use attack-based methods, this useful device calls in an airdrop which spawns a random vehicle to whatever position you mark. This can be used whenever you want a little extra firepower, protection, or just as a means of transportation.
    • Smoke Screen:
      Bio: A passive form of air support that drops in a canister that releases and creates a smokescreen to allow for quick getaways.
    • Strafe Run:
      Bio: Calls in a squadron of four bombers in a formation that together use their under turrets to rip apart any enemy within their direction. These attack planes are also equipped with air-to-air missiles to shoot done enemy aircrafts within their range.
    • Shockwave Displacer:
      Bio: Delivers a bomb that produces a massive shockwave to disperse enemy units.
    • *NEW*Guided Bomb:
      Bio: Replacing the Remote Gunship, This mode calls in a bomber that deploys a single bomb for the user to guide to the target.

Changes and Fixes for V2:
    1. Replaced the "Remote Gunship" with the "Guided Bomb", due to bug issues regarding the former.
    2. Weapon now changes firemodes by holding alt-fire and tapping fire (just like rocket launcher spiral-mode selection).
    3. Nerfed down the napalm so it isn't too over-powered, and re-did napalm damaging parameters.
    4. HammerStrike now fires multiple shots instead of one.
    5. *NEW Mutator Included*: Allows the user to customize random-vehicle pool for vehicle drop.
    6. Increased the size and lifetime of the smoke screen.
    7. Slowed down the strafe run planes, and made it so each plane fires one missile instead of two.
    8. Increased blast radius of shockwave displacer.
    9. Modified and decreased the # of particles in effects to improve lag.
    10. Fixed other various errors.

Note:
    You must have the 3369 Patch installed

Credits: I’d like to give credit to the following for borrowing their mods to use as reference guides:
    • (c) GlassBoy's MayhemWeapons mod
    • (c) GreatEmerald's U2Weapons mod
    • (c) MadNad's aka Mr. Pants’ Excessive Overkill mod
    • (c) Shawn "Monarch" Yarbrough's Air Power mod
    • (c) U4E Team's Unreal 4 Ever mod

Infinity Ward & Treyarch for inspiration.

Download:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/4j...5z1/SATPv2.zip

Looks cool!

Is there any reason this is a "swiss army" device? Like you being from switzerland?

Comment

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_Army_knife

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
        Looks cool!

Is there any reason this is a "swiss army" device? Like you being from switzerland?
        Lol no I am not from Switzerland. The reason i came up with the name "Swiss Army", is because it is basically multiple tools and functions packed into one solid weapon.

Comment

I found this one more fascinating than original Painter/Target Painter. So, downloading!

PS: Dubious name for that mod. [Off-topic: Clearly none of any Swiss Army products (Victorinox) that just familiarized within this mod.]

Comment

Originally posted by Ace08 View Post
            Lol no I am not from Switzerland. The reason i came up with the name "Swiss Army", is because it is basically multiple tools and functions packed into one solid weapon.
            Oh... now that I think about it this way, it makes sense. Good idea!

Comment

I don't remember the Swiss fighting with napalm airstrikes, though...

Comment

**** I knew I should have called it the Leatherman Target painter! :/

Comment

Awesome mod! As someone who generally doesn't really like the Target Painter, this is a great replacement.

I love Superweapon-type mods that make the superweapons worthy of the title

Also, why don't people get the naming? Swiss army target painter because it can do way more then you would expect a normal weapon to do - the Unreal 2 grenade launcher is kind of the same thing:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...wissArmyWeapon

Comment

For those who have downloaded the SATP within the last couple days, please read the update I posted a-top the main post.
                    Thank you.

Comment

I don't like that you have to set a special key to change functions. I assume 'fire' is fire and 'altfire' is is zoom, right? Does it really need a Zoom? Just make that the function change key. Or borrow some code from the RL and make clicking two keys the function change.

Comment

By the way, will the vehicle drop function always drop the standard vehicles? Because I often use replacers and it would be cool when the replaced ones will be dropped.

Comment

Dl'ed it and loved it, a really nice twist on the rather slow target painter(spider pit is scary :S)

but ran into an oddity(maybe a bug or it could just be me), the hammer strike doesnt seem to work the 1st time you use it, the bomber flies over the target indeed but doesnt drop anything visible

after the 1st usage though it seems to work as explained

Keep it up

Comment

Originally posted by Teixas_Rex View Post
                            Dl'ed it and loved it, a really nice twist on the rather slow target painter(spider pit is scary :S)

but ran into an oddity(maybe a bug or it could just be me), the hammer strike doesnt seem to work the 1st time you use it, the bomber flies over the target indeed but doesnt drop anything visible

after the 1st usage though it seems to work as explained

Keep it up
                            I know what you are talking about cause it did that for me as well. I tried many changes but still no avail. Another issue some of you may run in to is the turret on the gunship not moving when you control it. The answer to this is to press F4 or camera view to correct this for now....**** bugs.

Comment

I like it a lot, but it's very unbalanced.
                              I really like the spider mine pit and napalm, though napalm is really OP.
                              Gunship didn't work for me, it just won't finish painting the target.
                              Strafe run and hammer strike are too fast, you can't even tell what hit you.
                              Smoke screen is somewhat useless, maybe would be better if it covered a bigger area.
                              Vehicle airdrop summoned me a leviathan first time i used it xD
                              Would be cool if it'd summon a vehicle in the air and then it would drop from the sky, crashing anybody standing under it
                              The biggest problem for me is that it's all one weapon.
                              It would be much better to make it into a bunch of different painters so it could be put on maps, not just used to mess around

Comment

Working...
                              X