• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-YM-Shard & DM-YM-RB-NewEden [Beta 2][March 13 2013][DL][Pics]

Name: DM-YM-Shard & DM-YM-RB-NewEden
    Version: 2 - March 13 2013
    Compatibility: UT2004 (patch 3339)

Description: The final level from Mirror's Edge (the Shard) as a death match map and a UT2K4 version of Remus' excellent UT3 map DM-RB-NewEden.

I recreated from scratch a large assortment of the deco models (probably over 100+) and textures used in these maps (originally made for the first version of the Shard DM map). Most have a much lower triangle count so that the map will actually run on my computer.... Took a couple of months just to make all of the artwork assets.

Remus was kind enough to grant me permission to make a UT2k4 version of his excellent UT3 map, DM-RB-NewEden. I redid all of the brush work (scaled down to match the YARM player movement scale) and added some of the deco static meshes that I used in DM-YM-Shard. If you own UT3 I highly recommend that you try his Sky Bridge map too.

This version of DM-Shard included in this pack has more optimized collision, added detail (a few new deco meshes), and slightly better bot pathing.

Screenshots:
    Some screenshots of my remake of Remus' UT3 map DM-RB-NewEden.

<-> <->

<-> <->

And some (old) screenshots of DM-YM-Shard
    <-> <->

Download
    The file can be found here

Wow, I can't wait to try this.
    Nice Job meowcat
    ={^..^}=

Comment

These are terrific. Bots are way better than I expected on these complex layouts.

Helipad- those lights, they are just floating there. I run into the light posts, but I can't see them. Also, I got a weird thing with some of the yellow
      crates. I think I was using the trans-spider... I would climb up the side of the crate and suddenly get launched into the air for no obvious reason.

Mirror's Edge city map- possible to exit map so could add edging blocking volumes. Also wow would it be great if you could run on the wires.

Both maps look and play great!

Comment

Terrific UT2004 version of New Eden. Both maps are great atmosphere and gameplay. Glad you made it, meowcat!

Non-GameFront DL link:
        https://dl.dropbox.com/u/121794008/U..._10Mar2013.zip

Comment

Both maps are pleasant to the eyes. Cool city scape in Shard. Eden seems best suited for play, although I've just had a solo run through them. Shard feels cramped for UT style movement, but probably works for sneaky 1-on-1. Nice work!

Comment

i have an idea: make a pickup out of runner bag that will give you full hp, shield and redeemer, and hide it somewhere in the map

also, thanks for all the meshes and textures you converted, i always wanted to make a trial map with assets from mirror's edge, and now i can

Comment

by the way, what's with the ziplines? i see there some kind of physics volume and interpolation points around them, what's that for?

Comment

Hi UnShame. Yeah, I'd actually thought about creating some code to randomly hide the bag as a powerup at various locations spread through the map (and I may still do that in the future). I'd look forward to trying out any trials maps you made with the static mesh set.

As for the ziplines, the next release of my YARM mod uses those physics volumes and interpolation points so that the yarm player pawns can zipline between the locations (and drop off any time they want).

Comment

As for the ziplines, the next release of my YARM mod uses those physics volumes and interpolation points so that the yarm player pawns can zipline between the locations (and drop off any time they want).
                  that's really cool!
                  about the assets... i need some additional meshes for my map but when i export them (or just view in the umodel) it seems like textures don't match most of the meshes
                  is there a way to fix this?

Comment

Which models are you exporting? The ones from my maps, the ones from Mirror's Edge, or the ones from UT3 for TrainCrossing?

Comment

from mirror's edge of course
                      edit: i'm still clueless what's wrong with those textures, i tried inverting and rotating them in different ways, but they still don't fit most of the meshes
                      it looks like every texture that's being used with cubemap doesn't work right when exported

Comment

i have a confession, i love this map, & the overall mirror's edge style. there.
                        interesting how u were working on this map while i started working on the Faith model.
                        now that's what i call, Faith.

Comment

Working...
                        X