Clear All

I can't read russian, but I assume that's a download link

downloading at the speed of 1mbps!

Comment

it's an older version of the map with new skybox by Aberiu
      beta 3 will probably be ready in a few hours if I'm not too lazy

Comment

я имел в виду, что меши не будут плавно уходить в туман, из-за облаков
        You can adjust the amount of fog as it's simply a cylinder inside of a skybox which can be scaled easily.

Comment

Beta 3 is ready!

You can download it here
          Screenshots and more info can be found in the first post
          Edit: link is updated, found bugs...
          Also, it's been exactly 1 year and 1 day since beta 2. Sort of an anniversary of the map
          Also! Added some sort of fictional history background of the map to the first post.

Comment

Got to say the new screenshots make this map look way better. You've got some nice colors in there now! A big improvement in my eyes.

Comment

I like the tower and the street signs

looking good as always, but the open big space on the left/right of the map, do you have plans for that?

Comment

Not sure what exactly you mean by left and right (waterfall and open sea?) but no, not planning on doing anything else with it, aside from what is mentioned in the To do at some point section of the first post.
                And signs aren't actually like that in game, it's just photoshopped for presentation's sake

Comment

yeah I meant the open sea

although I wished the signs were real though lol

Comment

Turns out it's pretty easy to make a foggy version of the map even with current skybox, so Beta 4 will be released shortly, with 2 versions of the map and fixed boat for online play.

Comment

I suggest to make the foggy version once you have a RC version/final version in development and release the foggy one as RC when the final one without fog is out. It will be a hassle to always edit both to keep them identical.

Comment

I need to have a server-friendly version since otherwise I won't get any proper testing of anything.
                        I have a bit of a problem with bot pathing though, red team refuses to use paladin. They get in it, drive it a few meters and then just give up and leave it there. Blue bots use theirs fine and even hijack the red paladin once it's abandoned.
                        They use all other vehicles fine so I guess the problem is with the paladin's size and the fact that because of it bots don't have a clear way to enemy flag while driving it...
                        Anybody had a similar problem?
                        Edit: problem solved, had to specify VehiclePathName in the flag's properties to make it work. Weird how it worked before without it and how it works for smaller vehicles.

Comment

bots using the map properly is biggest issue. It's pretty, and much improved size/optimization from first version. Fun to play; I should try again as team deathmatch w/ invasion monsters....

Comment

I made 3 new additions to the map:
                            Forcefields like in the movie Cabin in the woods (they look similar though work a bit different)
                            [shot]http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130513014655/thecabininthewoods/images/5/50/6487.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://i.imgur.com/anaPZcw.jpg[/shot]
                            buoys at the sea border of the map
                            [shot]http://i.imgur.com/QayCKTA.jpg[/shot]
                            And 2 hidden\secret places (which I'm not giving away).
                            Next version I'll release will be Release Candidate (so pre-final).

Comment

@UnShame

Looking good!

Comment

so... about this map...
                                the editor crashes at saving after the paths have been rebuilt
                                I've tried on 2 different PCs with the same result
                                Can somebody please download the map from the link below, open it up in the editor, rebuild the paths (takes around 10 minutes) and try to save the file. If it works, send it back to me. Thanks
                                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...gRC1-Foggy.ut2

Comment

Working...
                                X