Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ballistic V2.5 Unofficial Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, I'll check it out.

Comment

There are two BSC CTF options in the instant action menu. None of them lead to BSC. Is it just me or the weapons do very little or no damage at all to vehicles and turrets? In ONS for example. I reinstalled original 2.5 and it works fine. Forgive me for my ignorance, but does this fix support future weapon packs developed by that 'guy'? And how do I use killstreaks?

Comment

Looking into the Ballistic Conflict problem.

Weapons in this fix do more "realistic" damage to vehicles, so yes, there is a change in that regard. It was implemented because Ballistic Weapons were completely trashing the standard vehicles. To defeat vehicles, weapons such as the G5, M75 or M925 must be used.

As aforementioned, the next version of this fix will be a separate version of the game. You'd install V25 Complete as normal, delete the .u files and install the fix patch's .u files. The next version of this fix will not be released unless I'm able to secure permission to make fix versions of the two major weapon packs, that of fische11 and Jack Carver and that of Sergeant Kelly.

There's a key you must set to claim killstreaks, or type mutate killstreak into the console.

Comment

The problem is the power node not receiving 'damage'. I mean, it's really difficult to have only specific guns to do so..
          And the vehicles are mostly not realistic, comparing to vehicles from YARM. I mean a scorpion can be damaged by mere fisting and stuff.
          Just my opinion, but I really want the mutators intact with no change in damage (towards vehicles/nodes). Hope you understand.
          And I got extreme lagging after playing with WeaponDropsV10. The loading time is too long...especially in BSC.

Thank you very much for the hard work!

Comment

I didn't mean that the vehicles were realistic, only that Ballistic Weapons doing their standard damage to vehicles ruins anti-vehicle balance and makes all vehicles far too weak. The M50 for example does 162dps against vehicles, allowing a Hellbender to get dropped by a lone guy with an M50 in 4 seconds from quite a long range. The M50, and most other BWs, also apply a lot of knockback to hit vehicles and can headshot drivers. By comparison, UT2004's minigun primary will deal half that DPS with inaccuracy, no headshot ability and no knockback. In the case of lighter vehicles such as the Raptor and Manta, the accuracy and long range of BW weapons hurts even more. I'll use the Ballistic Game Rules rather than DamageType VehicleDamageScaling for nodes.

I'm not planning to revert the damage scaling towards vehicles without a solid reason why the previous behaviour was good. Stock BWs absolutely wreck vehicles, even the assault rifles, and for a mod with so many realism options (to the extent that you can't hit anything while moving under normal settings) it's also a glaring omission.

The problem with BSC is that it calls DynamicLoadObject when you open the menu on every single weapon it loads. For BallisticV25 weapons, which are loaded with the map, this is fine. When you factor in external weapon packs, which aren't preloaded, things get problematic. I'll look at it again to see if there's potential to limit DynamicLoadObject calls.

Comment

Getting back to this now.

Changes:
              No longer overwrites the standard files - however this means a loss of support for any mod compiled on Ballistic V2.5. If there's anything you want to see on here, contact the authors to see if they'll create a version for this fix or allow me to implement their mods.
              Direct support for fische11 and Jack Carver's weapon pack, thanks to their permission, via a fixed .u file.
              The G5 is a superweapon of KS1-class but regains its former power.
              Beta weapon statistics menu accessible via the command bwstats.
              More aligned iron sights for weapons which support them.
              Aimed fire animations for weapons which have them. The Deermaster and R78 receive buffs from this upgrade.
              Animation blending between aimed and standard fire animation as the weapon raises.
              Third-person animations. This is a work in progress. Currently, handle magazine-type, box-type, AR-type reloads, raise/lowering of the gun and stance change when sighting and rear-pull cocking are implemented. http://www.xfire.com/video/61d63d (first half) and http://www.xfire.com/video/61e4d6.
              Team Loadout has been implemented.
              Widescreen aspect correction for Ballistic gametypes.
              Minor other code fixes and adjustments.

All animation work courtesy of Captain Xavious.

Comment

OMG Third person animations! SOOO SEXYYYY!
                This is great. Much needed upgrade.

Only the animation for shooting while running looks a little strange...

Comment

Can you show me how to reproduce the strangeness? We have animations in the pipeline for shoulder-fire rather than hip-fire, but at the moment, if you fire from the hip, it uses the "heavy weapon" animation, so the gun is all the way down at the hip.

EDIT: I get you now, you're referring to the second part of that video. That's an intentional in-joke used in the BallisticPro implementation - some spammer players are flagged to use those animations. The animation involves the weapon being fired sideways at arm's length, gangster-style, with the other hand covering the face. You may notice that I bring down the console to set the boolean for them.

Comment

Ahhhh.... okay I see. Well then it makes sense. I'm going to download it soon.

Comment

There's no bindings for BW available in the options anymore. Is this intentional?

Comment

It isn't. I neglected to include an updated .int file. Fixed.

Comment

Thanks.
                          Halted
                          Wait, so no more updates? Ever?

Comment

I believe he's simply pausing the project for the moment and he's still doing Ballistic pro

Comment

The fix is undergoing a reshuffling period, and myself and another developer will be collaborating on future releases.

Comment

Working...
                              X