Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ballistic V2.5 Unofficial Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found the cause. BallisticWeapon and BallisticInstantFire were both config(BallisticProV55) when they should have been config(BallisticV25). The core began as a modified version of the BallisticPro core and I guess I forgot to remove that reference.

The link in the first post has been updated.

May I please remind those of you native to the RuneStorm forums who are using this fix that while I do read those forums, I cannot reply to you on there, so if there is a problem related to this fix I would request that you post about it here if you would like assistance with it The issue with the AK-490 and MJ51 forcing a switch to the grenade is because the V10 code is giving the addon weapon to the player in the main weapon's PostBeginPlay code, so the addon weapon is the first one to be given to the player. I'll update the weapon drop later to fix this; an update to the .u file has just been posted to the RuneStorm boards.

Comment

Wow thanks for fixing it that quick. Now everything works as it should!

Comment

~[Start/StopBerserk]Berserk increases reload/cocking animation speeds by 25%.
        I was pretty much able to eliminate reload/cocking animation in berserk mode by constant weapon switching/reloading. Better said, decrease it into ~0.01 sec "insta-reload".

Also FP9A5 crash the game after throwing. With both fixed/orig. files it work but in combination "fixed core + orig. ballisticV25" will crash the game.

Comment

Updated for the berserk reload speed issue.

If FP9A5s crash with the latest versions of the fixed core when it's used with the original BallisticV25 package, it may be that compatibility has been broken. I'll look into it; in the meantime, a log will help. I recall this issue's occurred before but I can't remember the reason or the fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael View Post
            Updated for the berserk reload speed issue.
            I haven't been able to reproduce it, so it's fixed.

If FP9A5s crash with the latest versions of the fixed core when it's used with the original BallisticV25 package...
            Be sure it will do...
            Well, the game crash when you THROW FP9A5, not when you place it (on surface). Placing it somewhere (wall, ground...) will work normally (all actions). Trying to throw it by holding fire button will do nothing (just charge the throw) but immediately after releasing fire button it'll crash. Every error I got, was this:

Spoiler

Comment

Thanks. I've an idea now.

Edit: Maybe not. I reverted the FP9 code to stock and recompiled - the FP9 still works correctly. :/ I'm going to assume that compatibility has randomly been broken for now.

Comment

Updated. Ballistic Conflict's version of Loadout is now available as a mutator for use in other gametypes.

Comment

So you mean that space system? Sounds like a very good idea...

Comment

Ballistic Conflict's version of Loadout has got a couple of small bugs.
                    1. Some weapons from V10 (like X8) have their class set improperly (X8 should be classified as Melee weapon).
                    2. Random Weapon is available in the list, while it does nothing.

Comment

Anything in V10 is now beyond my control due to recent circumstances.
                      Random Weapon isn't supported in Conflict loadout. If you want it to be explicitly removed from the Conflict list, I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Couple of updates regarding this fix:

Firstly, as some of you had noticed, this fix blocked the use of a couple of to-be-released mod weapons. The related dispute has been resolved, with both parties admitting their wrongdoing and committing to a solution. This block has now been removed and you have my assurance that nothing of its like will ever occur again.

Secondly, the original developers of BW have requested that this fix not overwrite existing files. Accordingly, updates after this one will use the filenames BCoreFix.u and BallisticFix.u - this update was only released to immediately remove the block. This will mean that future versions of this fix will not be compatible with mods compiled on Ballistic V25. There are 2 options regarding those mods:

- The functionality can be directly implemented into this fix.
                        - The mutator can be recompiled on this fix.

If there are any V25 mutators that are in common use, please let me know what they are and what they do. There's no need to mention the weapon packs - I understand that if there is no support for the weapon packs, this fix won't be used by anyone and I will be asking the developers of such packs for permission to compile their code on this fix as well as implementing support for any features it added, the most obvious example being the different hipfire options. The good news is that certain features that I wasn't able to implement in the V25-overwriting days of this fix will become available, such as fixing the scrolling weapon bug.

Later versions of this fix will also address issues in the other code packages, namely the Ballistic Vehicles and Junk Wars.

Comment

Good to hear you got it resolved.

I also want to apologise for what I wrote in the RS forums, it wasn't appropriate in hindsight.

Some mods that need support are Scorpion_SK's Mutators like team-mines and Team-loadout.

Comment

And theres another glitch with the balistic conflict loadout when i play with bots in ballistic conflict game mode in the menu it shows 2 "Gear" sections in the menu and the bots uses all weapons that i havent put in the ballistic conflict loadout and when i play other game mode with the ballistic coflict loadout it work normal there or maybe not (dont remember) as in other game types in the menu it shows only one "Gear" section only in the ballistic conflict game mode

dunno maybe that bug/glitch happening in ballistic coflict game mode happens when i add the original weapons (standard weapons, i.e assault rifle, flack cannon)

Comment

Thank you, Baryonyx.

Team Loadout is definitely on the agenda as a permanent addition to Loadout. I'll look into what Team Mines does.

maxim123: You should be able to temporarily resolve that problem by not adding the Ballistic Conflict Loadout mutator when playing Ballistic Conflict. It's automatically added.

Comment

Thank you, Baryonyx.

Team Loadout is definitely on the agenda as a permanent addition to Loadout. I'll look into what Team Mines does.

maxim123: You should be able to temporarily resolve that problem by not adding the Ballistic Conflict Loadout mutator when playing Ballistic Conflict. It's automatically added.
                                I checked the mutator list, the mutator doesent list there, when i start the game problem still presists, and yeah did you read my post? the AI bots uses weapons that i didnt put in the ballaistic coflitct list, (example im in blue team alone vs 31 AIs in red team i give for the red teams only original weapons i.e assault rifle, flack cannon, but for some reason when i start the game the AI uses the ballistic weapons i.e laser carbine, red wood coach gun even i didnt put them in the list) now you understand?

Comment

Working...
                                X