Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ballistic V2.5 Unofficial Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't spotted it either or had reports of it from my other testers, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm having problems with my upstream speed at the moment so updates may be delayed.

Comment

Just curious, but do any of your testers have the Sgt. Kelly's Weapon Drop 1, found at http://www.moddb.com/mods/ballistic-...s-and-mutators ?
      Maybe it's conflicting with your fixes...

Comment

I as well as all my testers are actually either on the development team for BWBP V10 or testers for it. This fix is played with the new guns and those currently in development.

Comment

This is very good to know!
          Also, this completely eradicated all my theories for this bug. Guess I'll be waiting for the next weapon drop.

Do you know why the Swapping mutator mixes weapons across categories?
          i.e.: The X3 Knife was set to replace the Shieldgun, but it spawns where the M50(Shock Rifle replacement) should be.

Comment

I don't. That's another strange issue I've never heard of before. Might want to check your BallisticV25.ini file to see if the mutator has set the swaps correctly.

Comment

Well, it turns out that my .ini still had references to BWBPRecolors3.
              After cleaning it up, the swapping issue was fixed, but the dual-wield bug still occurs
              Also, I've got a new bug for you:

Why do all bots die in the beginning of a Jailbreak match with a Ballistic mutator applied?
              (I think it has something to do with the BallisticPawn)

EDIT: The sniper scopes keep zooming out all the time(still in the scope, but minimal zoom), suggesting the bug lives in the Next/PrevWeapon code, rather than the dual-wield code.

Comment

Under what conditions do sniper scopes zoom out? I run a different version of this on two servers and I've not yet had a report of such a bug. Sure your keys are correctly bound and no strange mutators are in use?

Also I'm noting issues with the RS04, looking into that.

Comment

1. Well, Azarael, it's even worse. The actual bug is whenever you activate any laser-helper (like on XRS-10) or flashlight (yeah RS04) on pistols only, the weapon's model disappears and laser appears from the left hand.
                  2. I have a strange issue: I shoot with primary fire from weapon that has a secondary fire consuming another type of ammo (M50, M46, CYLO, Bulldog), then fire the secondary and press Reload first time. The secondary reloads. Then I press Reload once again... but the primary ammo doesn't reloads.
                  3. Speaking of E-23 ViPeR: What about decreasing the amount of max ammo, max ammo in clip, and ammo usage by various firemodes by dividing it on 2? It just doesn't seems to be logical for a plasma rifle to have 600/100 ammo, while 300/50 will do the job.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael View Post
                    Under what conditions do sniper scopes zoom out? I run a different version of this on two servers and I've not yet had a report of such a bug. Sure your keys are correctly bound and no strange mutators are in use?

Well, this time I played several matches, adding one mutator at a time, and I've found out that these two bugs were caused by a mutator called 'Alternate HUDs'.
                    Another Ballistic incompatibility...

BTW, the Jailbreak bug mentioned earlier still happens, and I have no bugs with the RS04 other than stray flashlights thrown around the map

Comment

Good to know that the repeated switch issue wasn't a new bug. It will be helpful for me, if you find a serious bug like that, if you try to reproduce it with only Ballistic mutators active, to rule out causation by other mods.

Have looked into the other problem - it's something I've messed up. Weapons aren't going back to Idle when they should. That should hopefully resolve any reload issues as well. If it doesn't, I'll explicitly add priority reload code to the M50 and other weapons which use its loading system.

The VPR has so much ammo because I want the altfire to trace often.

As for Jailbreak, I've no idea about that one. Is Force Ballistic Pawn on? Try disabling it.

Comment

It's been a long time...
                        Still, another group of issues and bugs:
                        1. UT2004 crashes when there are BX-5 mines in the game. Log: http://db.tt/rj8rxm12
                        2. Melee weapons: whenever you press Recock, the weapon can't attack with both firemodes, only block. After blocking, you can attack.
                        Also, what about changing the maximum amount of ammo for X4, EKS-43 and A909 to 1? It would prevent a bug where dropping the X3 would lower the amount of ammo on these 3 weapons listed to 0.
                        3. Assault Translocator (i.e. one which prevents you from respawning on the next available point) issue. This was fixed in BallisticPro, is it possible to fix in this core update?

Comment

Updated the link with a fix.

Comment

Here's some stuff I've noticed

On 'smaller' screen resolutions (e.g. 1024x768 / 1280x1024) the Grenade Swap % Option gets cut off
                            http://i.imgur.com/Es0r41e.png

View Aim Scale and View Recoil Scale options don't seem to work. Reverted back to standard core and there I could change the settings. When upgrading to the new core the old settings you've set get locked and the option sliders don't work.

Mod Pack Weapons (Fische11 & Jack / Sg. Kelly) don't have any crosshairs (simple nor normal ballistic ones) Reinstalled the mod completely (BW2.5 > SK V10 WD1-3 > F-Jack > Fixed Core) and now the mod pack weapons have the normal crosshairs despite setting simple crosshairs or UT2004 crosshairs. If checked, only the V2.5 vanilla weapons have the simple/UT2004 crosshair while the mod pack weps have the big colored BW ones.

EDIT: Burst fire while dual wielding seems to be working fine for me. What was the problem you've encountered?

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

The cutoff should be a simple fix.

I'll check View Aim and View Recoil Scale.

I'm confused about the mod issue, I'm actually on the team for BWBP V10 and all my weapons have crosshairs.

Dual wield burst fire was fixed a while back.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael View Post
                                I'm confused about the mod issue, I'm actually on the team for BWBP V10 and all my weapons have crosshairs.
                                It seems to be quite a mess. I deleted my BallisticV25.ini and now

Simple/UT2004 CH's both unchecked = V25 weapons BW crosshairs / mod weapons UT2004 crosshairs
                                Simple CH checked = V25 weapons simple crosshairs / mod weapons UT2004 crosshairs
                                UT2004 CH checked = V25 weapons UT2004 crosshairs / mod weapons UT2004 crosshairs

It looks like it does what it wants everytime you delete the BW .ini file. Sometimes the mod weapons have the standard BW crosshairs, then the UT2004 ones and then no crosshairs at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X