Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ballistic V2.5 Unofficial Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the update, but I was wondering how to change the actual weapons rewarded for each killstreak reward, like the list of weapons you can pick from under the killstreak menu during a loadout game. I'm sorry if my last post was misleading ^^;.

Comment

Edit: I've uploaded a new version which allows you to configure these weapons using the GUI. The list of streak weapons will also be sorted alphabetically.

Comment

Using BWLoadout and TitanRPG together - game crashes after the countdown.
        UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2214 MHz with 2047MB RAM
        Video: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (1151)

Mut_Outfitting None (Function BallisticV25.Mut_Outfitting.GetBPRI:00AC) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- UObject::execClassContext <- (ClientOutfittingInterface DM-Rrajigar.ClientOutfittingInterface @ Function BallisticV25.ClientOutfittingInterface.ServerSetLo adout : 00CA) <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (xDeathMatch DM-Rrajigar.xDeathMatch, Function UnrealGame.DeathMatch.PendingMatch.Timer) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Rrajigar <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
        however it works with the regular BWeapons mutator
        ---
        If many guns are being used for loadout (non-bw weapons from different packs), when playing with many bots, after the countdown game freezes for a while and crashes sometimes too. The same thing happens in BW conflict after each round.

Comment

Looks like some fail in how Linked Replication Infos are set up. That one is definitely new, and I'll be working with TiRPG soon so I'll look into it.

Any crash related to huge numbers of assets which isn't new to this fix is very unlikely to be fixed. My remit extends only to Ballistic Weapons and not to non-BW weapons, even if used within BW. That said, if you get a crash log for the many guns issue, please post it.

Comment

About this
            If many guns are being used for loadout (non-bw weapons from different packs), when playing with many bots, after the countdown game freezes for a while and crashes sometimes too.
            I guess it happens because the game randomly selects a weapon set for every bot at the same time which takes a while. So maybe this problem could be solved if at first spawn, after countdown, all bots would get the same set of weapons and only at their next respawn they'd get a personal set. Won't help in Conflict gametype, but it uses separate script for loadout so it won't harm either. I hope

Comment

It's a bug in Titan RPG, and it occurs in Instant Action and probably on Listen Servers too. It seems that when TitanRPG spawns its LinkedReplicationInfo, it links the new LinkedReplicationInfo to itself, causing an infinite loop for any other functions which use the LinkedReplicationInfo list and also cutting out any LRIs added before TitanRPG's own setup. I've added a check in my own such functions for this case, so it won't crash anymore, but in order for TiRPG to work properly, it must be the first mutator in the list, so that Ballistic and other LRI-adding mods can add their LRIs as normal and prevent the issue.

(CreateFor spawns a Titan LRI, then ClientSetup moves the PRI's existing LRI to the Titan LRI's NextReplicationInfo, replacing it with the Titan LRI, then CreateFor does the same thing again, causing the problem.)

Uploaded.

Comment

I noticed that after having the HAMR as a turret and looking through the scope, then leaving the turret without zooming out caused my normal view (without any weapon selected) to zoom in and stay like that until I got back to the HAMR.
                It only happened one time though and I could not reproduce it forcefully. Also, I did not test if selecting any other weapon causes the view to unzoom.
                Probably nothing important, just wanted to inform you.

Comment

All bug reports are appreciated, however minor. Thanks for the report, I will fix it.

Comment

Bug report

I noticed I can't claim any killstreaks when using TitanRPG and Loadout together.

Is it fixable, or it's a flaw in TitanRPG's code? (Or perhaps both)

Comment

It's a flaw in TitanRPG's code. As aforementioned, TitanRPG will mess up the LinkedReplicationInfo chain in Instant Action unless it's the first mutator (assuming you can somehow play Instant Action with a defined mutator order) and I use a LinkedReplicationInfo to store killstreak data for UTComp compatibility. Streaks will not work in Instant Action if you're playing with TitanRPG. It's a simple enough fix for the TiRPG developers though.

Comment

Oh well.

Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have some indicator of our killstreaks, like TiRPG's, to show when we have ready killstreaks, instead of a text message.
                        I'm not a UScript genius like you guys, but I think it can be done with a Interaction or maybe a new HUD on top of the current one.

Comment

Ballistic uses an Interaction to draw its splash screen so I'll just modify that one. I'm no 2d artist so it'll just be text. Any suggestion on placement?

Comment

I think it would look best just above the weapon's firemode text.

It is good to know that UT2004's community isn't dying like others out there...

Comment

Now I've found a serious bug.

Everytime i have 3 or more dual-wieldable weapons, switch to one and press the dual-wield key, the secondary hand will stay cycling through the weapons(like if 'Next Weapon' was held down) endlessly, and when I try to switch weapons, the primary weapon is put down, but the secondaries stay cycling and I can't shoot or break free from this loop until I die!

Did anyone else have this bug or it's just me?

Comment

never had anything like this...

Comment

Working...
                                X