Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Ballistic V2.5 Unofficial Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ballistic V2.5 Unofficial Fix

This is an unofficial bugfix and feature update for Ballistic Weapons V2.5, released with permission.

Contains animations from Captain Xavious, contributions from Izumo_CZ and locational damage code published in 2004 by Mr Evil.

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ai4nfcq7kan08fn

Changelog:

http://ballisticweapons.wikia.com/wiki/Ballistic_Fix

Interesting, I will look into it later.
    But if I get this Core fix, I could not play together with others who don't have it, right?

Comment

Does it remove the need for BallisticPro mutator?
      And since gamefront blocked the access to files hosted on it for some countries, here's a mirror:
      http://rusut.ru/load/0-0-0-3857-20

Comment

All participants in a game must be using the same core to play. As this core is strictly an upgrade on the original core, however, I cannot see why anyone would refuse to use it; the network fixes in this core are noticeable.

BallisticPro is Ballistic, bugfixed and with modified gameplay and balance based on nearly two years of online play. Since some complain that the weapons were balanced, the core was stripped of gameplay changes and released as this. BallisticPro also contains fixes to the Ballistic Weapons themselves. If you wanted a more balanced game, then you still need BallisticPro; if you prefer the stock gameplay, just with fewer bugs, you can just use this core with stock.

Comment

[Adrenaline]
          Improved support for the Berserk combo.
          By default in V25, Berserk increases fire rate by 25%.
          ~[Start/StopBerserk]Berserk increases reload/cocking animation speeds by 25%.
          ~[Start/StopBerserk]Berserk reduces recoil and fire chaos by 25%.
          Berserk reduces incoming damage on the player by 25% if they have a BallisticWeapon equipped.

that reminds me maximum streight and maximum speed from crysis

Comment

This should be made into an official update, otherwise there will be plenty of version mismatches.

Comment

Updated with fix for BallisticV25.u and other bugfixes for BCoreV25.u, plus fix for BallisticTextures_v25.utx, which has LOD issues with its icons.

Download in first post.

Please report any bugs. Please do not report bugs on the RuneStorm forums, because I can't post on them.

[Changelog in first post].

Comment

Game crashes everytime I try to deploy the M353 MachineGun
                UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2214 MHz with 2047MB RAM
                Video: ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (1151)

Assertion failed: Alpha >= 0 && Alpha <= 1 [File:.\UnMath.cpp] [Line: 537]

History: FInterpCurve::Eval <- UObject::execInterpCurveEval <- UObject::ProcessEvent <- (M353Machinegun_TW DM-BE-Octane.M353Machinegun_TW, Function BCoreV25.BallisticWeapon.WeaponTick) <- AActor::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level High Octane <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free
                However it works ok with M925

Comment

First post updated with a fix, thanks for the report. If anyone has found this useful or has any other bugs, requests or feedback, please let me know.

Comment

When you press USE after deploying a stationary gun it doesn't switch you to another weapon automatically.
                    And sometimes when you use iron sights, shoot, reload and change weapon (or something like that, i'm not sure what causes it) you end up walking slowly like you still using iron sights.
                    And i don't get why both BORTs should fire at the same time. Also BORT doesn't have any recoil at all for no reason. So does G5 RPG Launcher.
                    edit: about walking slowly, that has something to do with using dual-wielding and iron sight right after reloading
                    this way you can also have one of the guns aimed while dual-wielding
                    <- left gun aimed

<- right gun aimed

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                      When you press USE after deploying a stationary gun it doesn't switch you to another weapon automatically.
                      This is intentional, as it's part of a fix for deploy. I'll look into changing it.

Originally posted by UnShame
                      And sometimes when you use iron sights, shoot, reload and change weapon (or something like that, i'm not sure what causes it) you end up walking slowly like you still using iron sights.

edit: about walking slowly, that has something to do with using dual-wielding and iron sight right after reloading
                      this way you can also have one of the guns aimed while dual-wielding
                      Investigating this. I'm having trouble replicating it, can you give exact steps? Does it happen if Play Scope Up After Reload in Preferences menu is off? Are you playing online or in IA?

Originally posted by UnShame
                      And i don't get why both BORTs should fire at the same time. Also BORT doesn't have any recoil at all for no reason. So does G5 RPG Launcher.
                      The BORT's recoil was all done in the animation and it reloads immediately after firing. BORTs fire in synch for compatibility reasons. I consider a working online BORT more than enough of a trade for making the BORTs fire together.
                      The G5 shouldn't have any or much recoil because it's a recoillless rifle. Common misconception that bazookas and similar backblasting weapons have significant recoil.

Comment

Originally posted by Azarael View Post
                        Investigating this. I'm having trouble replicating it, can you give exact steps? Does it happen if Play Scope Up After Reload in Preferences menu is off?
                        so this happens if you reload while using iron sights and then rapidly press Dual-wielding button: it goes to dual-wielding and back to iron sights
                        doesn't happen with Play Scope Up After Reload set to false
                        though i don't know how i managed to do the same thing with the left gun and also how to replicate the slow walking without iron-sights, it always happens accidentally
                        Are you playing online or in IA?
                        instant action

Comment

This is a really good fix, my game is running smoother with more weapons and I like the limit carry option, along with the other miscellaneous settings. But I do have one question: How (if possible in this release) can I change the killstreak rewards? I've looked in the ini files but I may have overlooked something.

Comment

@UnShame: Thank you, I will update the files shortly with some modifications to BallisticHandgun which should prevent that from happening.

@wantwon: Thank you, I'm glad you found this useful. I shall make killstreak reward thresholds configurable.

Comment

First post updated. I've also added killstreaks for Invasion. The relevant ini config for those:

[BallisticV25.BallisticOutfittingInvKillstreakRules]
                              InvSpreeThresholds(0)=150
                              InvSpreeThresholds(1)=350
                              InvSpreeThresholds(2)=650

This tracks by the coded points value of the monsters you kill and not by your actual score gain.

Normal killstreaks are configurable via the GUI.

Comment

Working...
                              X