Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Gametypes] GunGame-Sandbox

Hello fellow community,
    you had to wait a long time. Hundreds of hours flowed into that huge project but now it's done! It has totally been redone from scratch.
    Actually this is a final version, but there may be bugs i don't know yet, so it's a beta-release for now.

Description:
    GunGame-Sandbox brings along two unique gametypes, that can highly be modified. These gameytypes are not hard-coded that's why I called the mod "Sandbox", you can play "GunGame" and "Team GunGame" with Lives, GoalScore or GunLevel as victory condition. "Team GunGame" can be played in "Tournament Mode" or even "Turn-Based" as the original CS GunGame.
    Several other settings has the ability to alter the pickup system of maps.
    Furthermore, it is totally mod compatible. I added a configuration to integrate your own custom weapon set. There is no problem with using custom weapons when they have been scripted correctly.
    So, you can now mix BallisticWeapons with the vanilla set or/and further custom weapon sets (no guarantee that they will work correctly)!!!
    Moreover, you can even use custom pawns/controllers (such as the BallisticPawn). GunGame-Sandbox only needs its own PlayerReplicationInfo that should NOT be removed.
    All in all, GunGame-Sandbox is what you want it to be!

You have no idea what I'm talking about?? So just give it a shot!!

Permissions:
    You are free to use this mod on your servers.
    Anyway, you are not allowed to alter GunGameSandbox or use parts of it without my permision.
    Furthermore, you are not allowed to re-release GunGameSandbox under your name.

Special thanks:
    Finally, I want to thank "rejecht" who has helped me to get rid of a long-term issue in GunGame-Sandbox.
    Furthermore, I want to thank my little bro for excessive beta-testing.

Changelog:
    1.0->1.1
    - "Kill Amount" setting added (thanks to UnShame and 100GPing100)
    - Character limit (custom weaponlist) increased 768->1024
    - Fixed weapon switch issue when weapons is out of ammo (when using unlimited ammo)
    - Fixed adding unlimited ammo to std. weapon too (when using unlimited ammo)
    - Enhanced multikill support added

Download (1.1):
    1. Solidfiles

Why can't i change the amount of kills that is needed to get a new level?
    i want to set it to 4 or even 5 so it won't be so rushed...

Comment

I removed that feature to keep the code a bit easier and more conflict-free. But you can simulate it by adding the same weapon several times behind one another in the custom weapon set configuration.
      Example:
      XWeapons.ShieldGun;XWeapons.AssaultRifle;XWeapons. AssaultRifle;...

Comment

i won't fit in 768 characters this way...

Comment

OK, then change the 'VictoryCondition' to 'GoalScore' and add in there a quite high value, so the players can iterate through the list several times. Be a bit more creative, it is a sandbox.

Comment

nah, it shouldn't be too hard to code it a little more
            you already have some values that contain an information about your current gun, why don't add another one that counts the amount of kills with the current gun?
            and if it reaches the value from settings, you get next gun
            the whole "sandbox" thing won't be needed with this option\value

Comment

As I said the old version did not run smooth because of things like that.
              Furthermore, imagine this scenario:
              The so-called "Kill Factor" is set to 5, now you did 4 kills, but someone kills you with the std. weapon (-2 by default) -> this doesn't set you back only 2 GunLevels, this sets you back 2*5+4=14 points in total. That another reasone I decided against that value.
              But if more people want this back, I'm willing to re-integrate it.

Comment

Why 2*5+4? I think I know what you mean, you want to use the same variable to know what weapon level you're at and at the same time to know the next weapon level.

You use the score variable as the gun level. Why don't you add in a variable that counts the kills and once it reaches KillFactor you increase the score and set the count variable to 0?

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
                  Why 2*5+4? I think I know what you mean, you want to use the same variable to know what weapon level you're at and at the same time to know the next weapon level.

You use the score variable as the gun level. Why don't you add in a variable that counts the kills and once it reaches KillFactor you increase the score and set the count variable to 0?
                  Not exactly, I used to have seperated variables. One for the GunLevel and one for the valid kills.
                  So, now if you did 4 kills (you need only one to get new level) and someone decreases your GunLevel by factor 2 (kill with standard weapon, but value can be altered) you lose the 2 GunLevels but also the valid kill counter will be reset. Now that you need 5 valid kills per level up and you had already 4 -> 2*5+4=14. That was freaking annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by Mutant117 View Post
                    Not exactly, I used to have seperated variables. One for the GunLevel and one for the valid kills.
                    So, now if you did 4 kills (you need only one to get new level) and someone decreases your GunLevel by factor 2 (kill with standard weapon, but value can be altered) you lose the 2 GunLevels but also the valid kill counter will be reset. Now that you need 5 valid kills per level up and you had already 4 -> 2*5+4=14. That was freaking annoying...
                    I think you're complication something that is very simple.

Comment

The so-called "Kill Factor" is set to 5, now you did 4 kills, but someone kills you with the std. weapon (-2 by default) -> this doesn't set you back only 2 GunLevels, this sets you back 2*5+4=14 points in total.
                      that's absolutely OK, except that the value of dropping gunlevel should be -1

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                        that's absolutely OK, except that the value of dropping gunlevel should be -1
                        Actually, the value can be altered, even the behaviour. Check the config variable "Std. Weapon Feature", the effect value can be defined in "Std. Weapn Factor".
                        As you're already two, I'll put it on my checklist. The next release will then include that "kill factor" and a higher character limitation than 768.

But now I want to get to know if you liked it or not.

Comment

well, it works how it should work, i didn't noticed any bugs, so yea, i liked it

Comment

Update to 1.1!!

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                            well, it works how it should work, i didn't noticed any bugs, so yea, i liked it
                            Thank you.

UPDATE TO 1.1:
                            - "Kill Amount" setting added (thanks to UnShame and 100GPing100)
                            - Character limit (custom weaponlist) increased 768->1024
                            - Fixed weapon switch issue when weapons is out of ammo (when using unlimited ammo)
                            - Fixed adding unlimited ammo to std. weapon too (when using unlimited ammo)
                            - Enhanced multikill support added

I updated the download link on the first post. Grab it if you can!

Comment

Pretty nice, now the only thing that I would like to see to deem this perfect is a menu for assigning weapons, with the list of all the available weapons on one side and the gungame list on the other side, with buttons to add selected weapons to the list and also some to move selected weapons inside the list, so that you can change the position of the weapon.
                              Because searching together all those custom weapon classes that I'd like to add would take some time, and I think having an extra menu for that would make it much more userfriendly.

But I really aprreciate your effort and I will definitely play this excessively once the addition of custom weapons gets easier!

Comment

Working...
                              X