Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

MODEL Knuckles Chaotix Pack [beta4], Sonic Freedom Fighters [beta1]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just finished my Vector Voice Pack, check it out! http://www.4shared.com/rar/bYb_f531/...oice_Pack.html

Comment

Originally posted by arbee View Post
      I might work on a Espio VP.
      that would be awesome! i really liked your Charmy VP & think it's ready for release! hoping to include the voicepack in the next beta.

Originally posted by wantwon View Post
      I have just finished my Vector Voice Pack, check it out!
      great work! now i just have to bind v-4-5-1 "find the computer room" somehow, lol. these voicepacks really add a lot of character to these models. definitely planning on incorporating this voicepack in the next release, as well as bending some fingers & giving Vector a 3D necklace.

Comment

Originally posted by wantwon View Post
        I have just finished my Vector Voice Pack, check it out! http://www.4shared.com/rar/bYb_f531/...oice_Pack.html
        Nice done.

Comment

Almost done...
          Code:
          | FILES:    EspioVP.u                                                                           |
          |           EspioVP.int                                                                         |
          |           EspioVP_ReadMe.txt                                                                  |
          +-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
          | SOUNDS:   ACKS:   16    FFIRES: 16  NAMES:   0                                                |
          |           ORDERS: 10    OTHERS: 48  TAUNTS: 48                                                |
          |           TOTAL UNIQUE: 132                                                                   |
          132+ unique sounds in a voice pack are rare, aren't they?

Comment

Originally posted by arbee View Post
            Almost done...132+ unique sounds
            wow! i don't know much about voicepacks but that sounds outstanding! seems like you're quite comfortable with what you're doing. keep up the great work! honestly, next to Knuckles, Espio is prolly my favorite character of the Chaotix.

Comment

Great models. I downloaded them last night and made a little video:

I did notice some problems with the files. It's very important to use unique file names for EVERY changed file, especially during betas. Why? Eventually someone is going to put these files on a server, probably making an invasion monster. Any difference between a server's version and a client's (the user's copy) will cause a file mismatch.

The result is that most people will have to remove your file from their system in order to play on that server. (The other option is for them to rename files on their end, but most people don't know how to rename the various parts of a character and fix the UPL so that it's still usable.) Exceptions are karma and UPL files which cannot be pushed from servers. (This also means that characters requiring custom karma files can't be made into server characters properly. Clients without the karma files will crash anytime there is a ragdoll death.)

Please make sure to use unique file names from now on. It's also best to not use short names like Amy.ukx because it's far more likely that someone else, somewhere, at some time made or will make another file with the same exact file name. It's better to name it something like Amycharacteranim.ukx or even better, Amyv1_tidel.ukx. The more unique the name, the less likely there will be a file conflict down the road.

In case you're wondering, what I did in this video is make a UPL with all 8 invasion bot names (Gorge, Cannonball, Sapphire, Blackjack, Riker, Jakob, Annika, and Othello.) As long as the UPL's file name (AAA.upl) precedes the normal UPL (XplayersL1 and L2) alphabetically, the versions in the AAA upl will override the normal ones.

Also I believe it's best when releasing a character pack to use a single UPL for all the characters so they will appear together in the character select screen. Keep in mind that alphabetical UPL rule though, anyone with a previous version of these UPLs, like Amy.UPL, the old version will override if it comes first. Also having multiple UPL entries causes a bug when creating a bot roster for offline play. The characters will keep duplicating on the roster too. You'll have a huge list of the same characters very quickly. In your case it would be best not to change the UPL file names, but keep that in mind for the future.

Comment

thanks for the good advice, i'll keep that in mind for the future. i guess i was simply hoping that never again will a character be named "Amy", lol. Once all the voicepacks are made, characters tweaked, & the time comes for final release, i definitely plan on combining all of the utx, ukx, and upl files and will instruct beta model installers to delete the previous files.

in other news, arbee did send me his Espio Voicepack back on September 10th, and it's awesome!
                so thus, we now have voicepacks for Knuckles, Charmy, Vector, & Espio. Mighty still needs a voice, i imagine he sounds like Colossus without an accent. I say we simply find a voice actor on youtube, and record the standard UT2004 lines.

on the Sonic end, Tails, Amy, Sally, & Bunnie all need voicepacks.

on the villains end, HellDragon-HK gave me his cleaner Robotnik voicepack, as well as the "lost on L4Y" alexpree888 Shadow voicepack.

Comment

I ran into the same problem when I started making Morrigan and Lilith. Both names are already used, so I added _Aensland to both. Some aren't as lucky to have a last name, tho

Comment

It's good that you added an underscore in the name. You cannot use a space in a character's name, it will make it where it will not show up online, even for other players who have the character installed. Another option is to add basic symbols like -,=,+ around the name. I've done this to differentiate different color options for the same character.

Also, I just want to point out that the voice packs for Knuckles and Sonic are pretty loud compared to the standard UT2004 voicepacks. Mostly. Some of the sounds on the Sonic VP are almost inaudible.

Comment

Sergeant Todd's early VPs are really either medium or loud (and vice versa) as should be, setting the TransientSoundVolume value of 2.0 with 16-bit and 22 kHz. Mine has exact voice volume using the TransientSoundVolume value of 1.0 with 8-bit and 22 kHz (recommendation). My UPL files doesn't have space on bot name (but the maximum chars on the bot name is 20). And note that the Text= value should be short or medium if your bio is really short or medium; if your text value is really long, you can move it to your own INT file (or XPlayers.int), take a look of two examples below.

Example of my proposed file ChloeGMoretzVP.INT, long bio.

Code:
                      [Public]
                      Object=(Name=ChloeGMoretzVP.ChloeGMoretz,Class=Class,MetaClass=XGame.xVoicePack)

[ChloeGMoretz]
                      VoicePackName="Chloë Grace Moretz (dunno what version will it be)"

[DecoText]
                      Biography="Name:  Chloë Grace Moretz|Age:   15|Race:  Human|Origin: Atlanta, GA, USA||Data:|This aspiring teen actress having a great shallow on her soft skinny face while she's having a serious "death-cult" tragedy.  But for now, she assimilating every victim with the sound of chuckling like some tremendous crossfire.  In the continuation of the Tournaments, Moretz didn't see her famous title on the screen from maintaining the reflections to her disguise as the forsake girl.  While she drinks her best friend's orange juice with the put of mysterious potion, Moretz felt down and she became interested in shocking soft-sided killing spree of evil, pursuit into terror by her best "ferocious" friend, Abigail Breslin.||"
                      Example of my proposed file ChloeGMoretzVP.UPL.
                      Code:
                      [Public]
                      Player=(DefaultName="Chloë.Grace.Moretz",Race="Custom VPs",Mesh=HumanFemaleA.MercFemaleB,Species=XPlayers.SPECIES_Merc,BodySkin=PlayerSkins.MercFemaleBBodyA,FaceSkin=PlayerSkins.MercFemaleBHeadB,Portrait=ChloeGMoretzVP.ChloeGMoretzPP,Text=ChloeGMoretzVP.Biography,Voice=ChloeGMoretzVP.ChloeGMoretz,Sex=Female,Menu="",FavoriteWeapon=XWeapons.FlakCannon,Aggressiveness=-0.15,CombatStyle=-0.15,StrafingAbility=+1.0,Jumpiness=+1.0,BotUse=3)
                      Orange highlight: Replace space with dot (not sure why "ë" is indicated, will it work for online?)
                      Blue highlight: The entry of the [DecoText] section in my INT file.

Comment

Great advice, I didn't actually know the limit was 20 characters. As I recall there is also a limit to how long a UPL entry can be, and it's easy to go over that limit with a long bio. This is the main reason to use an INT file. However I don't recommend adding entries Xplayers.int. A lot of old skins would do this, this was due to issues with UT2003 and earlier builds of UT2004. One of the early patches allowed for custom int files for skins, so it shouldn't be done any more. The main thing that happens is that Xplayers.int gets overwritten when installing skins that include edited versions of the file, if users don't know to edit the file to add the new entries. I remember accidentally overwriting my custom file lots of times.

Comment

good advice all around. already deciding how i wanna rename & package everything for final release.

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                          the voice packs for Knuckles and Sonic are pretty loud
                          while i didn't work on them, i believe they are appropriate given how loud Ballistic Weapons can be in the heat of battle.
                          what i do agree with, is that some of Sonic's audio was amplified beyond the point of loss in quality.
                          HellDragon-HK is planning another Sonic voicepack based on SatAM & other sources.

Originally posted by Private Tux View Post
                          if your text value is really long, you can move it to your own INT file
                          yes, i recently noticed this method in the Crysis model & hope to put it to use someday. i had to shorten & summarize numerous times for these characters.

Comment

Originally posted by tidel View Post
                            while i didn't work on them, i believe they are appropriate given how loud Ballistic Weapons can be in the heat of battle.
                            what i do agree with, is that some of Sonic's audio was amplified beyond the point of loss in quality.
                            HellDragon-HK is planning another Sonic voicepack based on SatAM & other sources.
                            That's really a problem with Ballistic being loud though. The default UT2004 voicepacks should be the standard for setting VP volume, not a mod. I've heard worse adjusted VPs though, Bender is one of the loudest, and I have a few that are practically inaudible.

Comment

Oooh. VERY nice work here. Although.... I feel something is missing...

Any chance we could bloody up one of these in the future? :3 (Chao NOT included)

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                                The default UT2004 voicepacks should be the standard for setting VP volume, not a mod.
                                i hear you. i can't seem to think of a simple solution though. ballistic is really popular these days.

Originally posted by LegendXCarisso View Post
                                Oooh. VERY nice work here. Although.... I feel something is missing...
                                thanks a lot! much appreciated! funny, you're not the first person to ask for Cream.
                                given that i put together Blaze really quickly for HellDragon-HK

i might actually work on Cream & other post SA2 characters, but i doubt anytime soon.

in other news, GebSani has tweaked the Karma ragdolls for Chaotix & FF. they are much better now!

Comment

Working...
                                X