Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

(WIP/early beta)DM-AMDK-Business2TEST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (WIP/early beta)DM-AMDK-Business2TEST

Hello everybody, HERE is an early beta of my last map, still need to do the skybox and add the usual eggs, This is just to see if the map will run on most systems and to make changes on the weapon/pickup placement
    Have fun ^^

Cordially, MDK

I love the colors and the style.
    Nice work
    About the linear yellow lighting for the wall, did uou use a texture ??

The map need a 3rd level. The z axis is not enough for the game play. You should add a level.
    and add an elevator. The door stay always close

Comment

Nice one. Downloading and feedback later. Glad to hear you came back for mapping some more.

Comment

@Heimy, Structure itself won't change anymore, the yellow has been integrated in the skins (just open the editor and you'll understand )

Comment

I dig it! Overall I love the scale (its just right for my YARM mod). It would appear to run exceedingly smoothly on my 11 year old computer.

Here's the relatively minor laundry list of items (I'll still play this even if these things weren't tweaked or adjusted):
          1. Computer screens need something interesting on them! (right now I just see the default bubble texture and some blank screens)
          2. Some added deco details to give the office some more personality (corporate logos, "mission statements banners"), kind of like the what the water pool already does (nice detail on the shimmering by the way). To me this kind of feels like a bank....
          3. The sly dolls all have a default blank textures, and I can't see anything coming from the conveyor machine thing unless I switch to wireframe mode.
          4. I think a few more "cover" decorations could add a little more visual interest too. Some nice tall potted plants (with some masked leave textures to give some "fuzzy/chaotic" detail) could work, maybe bamboo (I can provide the models/textures if you'd like) in the corners where the tall pillars are. The planters would serve as some cover (just a little taller than a crouched player).
          5. The glass walls really need to have triangles/faces facing out on both sides. The way hit effects are spawned (using the surface normal of the triangles they hit) cause the hit effects to spawn on the opposite side of the glass sometimes

Given the way you put the map together I can understand the difficulty in changing anything. I think this is a case where using BSP for the basic structure would have still been good just because you could keep the base textures higher res (and have separate detail textures) and not have to re-export everything if you add just a tiny decoration. The combined lighting/diffuse textures appear to make the map run really fast, but they do look a tad blurry.

Anyways, overall fun map and great work, I look forward to the completed version!

Comment

I put it on my server, and had a blast on it. Looks great, played great for invasion. I could see the toy robot factory just fine (they appeared to in the process of being painted blue) but another player with an older computer (he regularly has issues seeing complex materials) couldn't see them up close, only far away.

Comment

Hey mdk lonz time I dont see ya lol!
              Nice and superb lightning work me likes! When I saw those pics i thoguht at first it was an ut3 map and lol it very well made love those lights it reminds in some way to mirror egde vaguely I must say this may be your best map made to date

pd: some chance to make any map for ctf? there is plenty people can help you

Comment

Originally posted by jefe View Post
                I put it on my server, and had a blast on it. Looks great, played great for invasion. I could see the toy robot factory just fine (they appeared to in the process of being painted blue) but another player with an older computer (he regularly has issues seeing complex materials) couldn't see them up close, only far away.
                Maybe it as to do with the fall-back material, maybe MDK forgot to assign one?

Comment

For the conveyor belt thing, after ghosting through the level I found out that it is some sort of transparency issue with the glass in front that prevents the conveyor dolls from being visible. Tweaking the glass Z checks might help, or using a simpler material on the dolls.

Comment

@meowcat, That's what I was thinking.... and I'm allready fixing the issues mentioned above. (that's what I meant with "the usual eggs" ) I think I'll just delete that face (for it is hardly visible) or make it a part and flag as (ultra)High detail.
                    Also, the glass-panels will have their collision set to none (I'll use the actual blocking volumes for collision)
                    and Would you like me to send some bamboo(s) via e-mail? and include some screenshots where you might like them. If it is not too complicated I can even "handpaint" the shadows on the texture (without re-baking). The groundfloor will be split up in smaller parts and re-baked in higher rez textures. Also a part of the background is done too. I hope being able to post an update next week. Glad to see you like it and thx for your valuable feedback ^^.

Cordially, MDK

Comment

another awesome map!
                      love the visual style...
                      waiting for the final version
                      also i've found a nice spot that can be used as a place for some vial pickups, sniper rifle ammo or maybe even super weapon...

and why sniper rifle not lightning gun?
                      LG would fits perfectly with this map...

Comment

Tried this BETA map and enjoyed it. Nice lighting, custom textures (unlike the style of DM-AMDK-Affairs), and visuals. Some weapon/item placements are at long range and I see that the weapon bases doesn't appear at all. Bots are a good quick.

Comment

HERE is an update of the map.
                          -Did some small changes on some textures
                          -repathed
                          -added anti-portals
                          -added some sounds (but maybe not enough ?)

still need to do readme and maybe some other small things...

Have FUN!
                          Cordially, MDK

Comment

MDK, I dig the updates/fixes (it is already that much better!!). The conveyor viewing window seems to work just fine now (the grayish models turn to blue once they pass through the scanner thing). I really like the assortment of custom computer screens and the wall logos, definitely gives a good authentic feel to the level. Gonna add the UT logo later ?

Comment

@meowcat,
                              Sure I'll hide it somewhere
                              I think the next release could be final? (just need to add the readme some small sounds and maybe a small bit more decoration outside). next release should/could be sunday or monday.
                              Cordially, MDK

Comment

Working...
                              X