X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Raptor RC1

Name: UT3 Raptor

Version: Release Candidate 1

Description: The Raptor maintains a stranglehold on combat air superiority. Constructed of tritanium-ceramic alloys, the airframe allows fast response and high durability. A grid array of magneto-conducting cells covers its wings, powered by dual phase-induction plasma turbines. The grid array vectors gravity away from whichever direction the pilot chooses, allowing the Raptor to accelerate. Armed with two solid-state plasma projectors and a homing missile mount, the Raptor can decimate specific targets very quickly, although Raptor pilots must be cautious of guided rockets and stationary turret attacks from the ground.

Comments: Enjoy the animated rudders and wings.

Screenshots:
    [shot]http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/268/ut3raptorredb1.jpg[/shot]
    Red Raptor.
    [shot]http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3992/ut3raptorblueb1.jpg[/shot]
    Blue Raptor.

Credits: 100GPing100 (José Luís) mesh importing, shader creation and the wings and rudders code.
    Epic Games for the textures, meshes, animations and sounds.
    Wormbo mechanics coding.
    GreatEmerald mechanics coding.

Download: You are allowed to create more mirrors, but keep the zip file unchanged.
    NOTE: To download click on the version name (for example: "Beta 1").

(Release Candidate 1)
    » Fixed wings not closing after the driver leaving the vehicle.
    » Fixed projectile spawn location.
    » Dual fire offset decreased.

(Beta 1)
    » First release.
    » Original meshes.
    » Original sounds.
    » Shaders with original textures.
    » Full mechanics.
    » Animated wings and rudders (code animated).

hmm, the Raptor won't load in game because it is looking for a file titled UT3Weapons2.

[EDIT] I'd also recommend Rigidizing the raptor mesh (~9,000 triangles is a lot for mesh for those of us with older computers, we need all the optimization we can get! )

Comment

Oh, sorry about that, I was half sleeping when I released it so I forgot to check all the .uc files for dependencies and LOD values..

I'll remove the link and tomorrow I should re-upload it.

Comment

Beta 1 Re-uploaded

Progress:
        » Mesh now renders faster.
        » Fixed missing sound.

Beta 1 Re-uploaded.

Check first post for download link.

Comment

Fantastic conversion 100GPing100! I love it, handles well, the sounds all work well, and the collision seems spot on. The code animated wings/fins work quite nicely too. (and thank you very much for rigidizing the mesh!)

Not sure if it intentional or not, but should the wings fold back to the horizontal when the raptor lands? That is the only thing I noticed that looked a little out of place.

Nice Job!

Comment

Originally posted by meowcat View Post
            Fantastic conversion 100GPing100! I love it, handles well, the sounds all work well, and the collision seems spot on. The code animated wings/fins work quite nicely too. (and thank you very much for rigidizing the mesh!)

Not sure if it intentional or not, but should the wings fold back to the horizontal when the raptor lands? That is the only thing I noticed that looked a little out of place.

Nice Job!
            Ups, forgot to make it close the wings when the driver leaves xD

I'll wait for more feedback (for other things that might need changing) and will fix it in beta 2 (or RC1).

Comment

why you dont make that the raptors turret will move where you target?

Comment

great!
                only one thing more to fix: it fires plasma not from turrets))

Comment

Originally posted by maxim123 View Post
                  why you dont make that the raptors turret will move where you target?
                  They do. They're not supposed to rotate right and left, just up and down (which they do already).

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
                  great!
                  only one thing more to fix: it fires plasma not from turrets))
                  Noted, thanks

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
                    They do. They're not supposed to rotate right and left, just up and down (which they do already).
                    well on mine it down and up dint rotate.. (or its just i didnt looked?)

Comment

Originally posted by maxim123 View Post
                      well on mine it down and up dint rotate.. (or its just i didnt looked?)
                      It's hard to see it because the rest of the raptor blocks it, but I'm pretty sure it's active.

Code:
                      //
                      // Animates the guns depending on the driver's view.
                      //
                      function Guns()
                      {
                          local Rotator GunsRotation;

GunsRotation.Pitch = -DriverViewPitch;

SetBoneRotation('rt_gun', GunsRotation, 0, 1);
                          SetBoneRotation('left_gun', GunsRotation, 0, 1);
                      }

Comment

Changes:
                        » Fixed wings not closing after the driver leaving the vehicle.
                        » Fixed projectile spawn location.
                        » Dual fire offset decreased.

Release Candidate 1 Released.
                        Check first post for download link.

Comment

I downloaded the RC1 candidate last night and when I loaded the mutator in the list so I could try it out nothing was loaded just the ut2k4 Raptor in the map.I even added it to my ut2k4 ut3 fake bump map test map and here are the error logs:
                          Code:
                          Init: Command line: Autoplay.ut2?NumBots=0 HWND=393986 -log
                          Init: Character set: Unicode
                          Init: Base directory: C:\UT2004\System\
                          Init: Ini:UT2004.ini   UserIni:User.ini
                          Init: Build label: UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]
                          Init: Object subsystem initialized
                          Log: 	nvd3dum.dll/NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G
                          Log: Game class is 'GameInfo'
                          Log: Bringing Level Entry.myLevel up for play (0) appSeconds: 4.415000...
                          ScriptLog: GameInfo::InitGame : bEnableStatLogging False
                          Log: Browse: Autoplay.ut2?Name=maxdamage?Class=Engine.Pawn?Character=Dominic Santiago?team=1?Sex=M?Voice=DomVoice.DomVoice?NumBots=0
                          Warning: Failed to load 'UT3Raptor': Can't find file for package 'UT3Raptor'
                          Warning: Failed to load 'UT3RaptorRC1': Can't find file for package 'UT3Raptor'
                          Warning: Failed to load 'Autoplay.ut2': Can't find file for package 'UT3Raptor'
                          Warning: Failed to load 'Level None.MyLevel': Can't find file for package 'UT3Raptor'
                          >
                          Code:
                          UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2100 MHz with 1789MB RAM
                          Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8200M G (6658)

Failed to enter Autoplay.ut2?NumBots=0: Can't find file for package 'UT3Raptor'

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free

Comment

Sorry about that, fixed it and re-uploaded it.

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
                              Sorry about that, fixed it and re-uploaded it.
                              Thanks.Will re-download it asap!

Comment

Working...
                              X