X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Goliath Beta 2

Name: UT3 Goliath

Version: Beta 2

Compatibility: Unreal Tournament 2004 latest patch.

Description: The Goliath-class tank has served the Axon infantry as a front-line offensive weapon for more than two decades. Protected by heavy RHA carbon-duranium armor, the Goliath trades speed for endurance and brute force. Four synchronized stabilizers left the turret rotate independently from the chassis, and the built-in targeting scope allows for the tracking of enemies at both medium and long range.
    The Goliath's main cannon delivers a massive 140mm depleted-uranium round at over 1500 meters per second. An additional gunner seat features a turret-mounted 12.7mm machine gun. Working in tandem, these two weapons provide a strong offense against both enemy infantry and vehicles.

Comments: I was working on this for some time, but didn't want to release it because GreatEmerald was doing it too (and before me), but then I set him an e-mail to ask for permission to release this, and he gave me his consent, and even allowed me to use his code and that he might later use this for his UT3 Style mutator.

Screenshots:
    [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7038&d=1331588109[/shot]
    Front.
    [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7037&d=1331588106[/shot]
    Back.

Credits: 100GPing100(José Luís) mesh importing (original meshes were modified, so the turret and machinegun would turn), correct sound implementation and shader creation.
    Epic Games for the textures, meshes, animations, sounds.
    Wormbo for coding.
    GreatEmerald for coding.

Download: You are allowed to create mirrors, but keep the zip file unchanged.

(Beta 2)
    » Fixed treads moving in the wrong direction.
    » Increased speed at which treads move.
    » Updated skins.

(Beta 1)
    » First release.
    » Original meshes.
    » Original sounds.
    » Shaders using original textures.
    » Full mechanics.
    Attached Files

It seems you pasted the format from the Nightshade. How I know that? It still says "Nightshade" at the top next to "Name"!

Other than that, just one question: Does it have the better suspension like the real UT3 Goliath? Because it not screeching was what I appreciated the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
      It seems you pasted the format from the Nightshade. How I know that? It still says "Nightshade" at the top next to "Name"!

Other than that, just one question: Does it have the better suspension like the real UT3 Goliath? Because it not screeching was what I appreciated the most.
      It uses the same bones for suspension has UT3, and the same value for SuspesionTravel. So it might not be exactly the same (need some tweaks or something) but I didn't spot anything, that's why I posted it yesterday (was really late in the night lol) so I could get some feedback on things like that and change them.

tl:dr
      Yes, but might needs some tweaks.

Comment

epic!
        btw could you make textures more brighter? it's too dark compare to ut2004 overall brightness

Comment

Originally posted by UnShame View Post
          epic!
          btw could you make textures more brighter? it's too dark compare to ut2004 overall brightness
          Totally. chars

Comment

Progress

Changes:
            » Fixed treads moving in the wrong direction.
            » Increased speed at which treads move.
            » Updated skins.

Beta 2 Released.

Check first post for download link.

Beta 2 Screenshots:
            [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7038&d=1331588109[/shot]
            Front.
            [shot]http://forums.epicgames.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=7037&d=1331588106[/shot]
            Back.
            Attached Files

Comment

I noticed when I was turning in the tank that the tracks did not move at all like they are suppose to and will the antenna that sways in according to the movement of the tank and turret be implemented or doesn't UT2004's engine support that?

Comment

That is a karma attachment which does not work in UT2004, although he could possible animate it. Although I doubt that it is possible to animate it in a way it looks realistically and like UT3...

Comment

I tried this out and I really like the feel of how this tank handles! Nice job with the conversion. If you release a final version here are three things that should be fixed/updated:
                  1. Please compress the textures down to DXT1 (should drop the texture file from 49Mb to 6Mb)
                  2. Please rigidize the model parts, this will help folks like me with an older computer actually be able to use your vehicle! * Note you will probably have to set the MaxRigidParts setting to something like 48 before you try and rigidize the LOD for the tank body as it is more than the default value of 24)
                  3. The offset of the muzzle flash for the turret machine gun should be brought in by quite a bit as its too far out in front right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
                    That is a karma attachment which does not work in UT2004, although he could possible animate it. Although I doubt that it is possible to animate it in a way it looks realistically and like UT3...
                    I wouldn't be to sure about that, regardless of what engine is used, making a realistic animation like that in UT3 is possible in UT2004, it will just require long hours sorting it all out.

Comment

Originally posted by maxdamage View Post
                      I noticed when I was turning in the tank that the tracks did not move at all like they are suppose to and will the antenna that sways in according to the movement of the tank and turret be implemented or doesn't UT2004's engine support that?
                      Will fix the tracks.
                      If the antenna has at least 2 bones (base and tip) it would be a piece of cake animating it with code.

Originally posted by meowcat View Post
                      I tried this out and I really like the feel of how this tank handles! Nice job with the conversion. If you release a final version here are three things that should be fixed/updated:
                      1. Please compress the textures down to DXT1 (should drop the texture file from 49Mb to 6Mb)
                      2. Please rigidize the model parts, this will help folks like me with an older computer actually be able to use your vehicle! * Note you will probably have to set the MaxRigidParts setting to something like 48 before you try and rigidize the LOD for the tank body as it is more than the default value of 24)
                      3. The offset of the muzzle flash for the turret machine gun should be brought in by quite a bit as its too far out in front right now.
                      Thanks, will do that.

Comment

I noticed when I was playing in my UT2k4 ONS UT3 map the tank felt as is it was light and as when I turned it look like it was on ice or something as it kept moving forward as if it did not weigh much?I had added a final ut3 item to the map which is the ut3 health meduim pickup with it's pick-up base is fully functional with the unreal 2 health pickup sound clip as it sounds similar to the ut3 version.

Comment

Originally posted by maxdamage View Post
                          I noticed when I was playing in my UT2k4 ONS UT3 map the tank felt as is it was light and as when I turned it look like it was on ice or something as it kept moving forward as if it did not weigh much?I had added a final ut3 item to the map which is the ut3 health meduim pickup with it's pick-up base is fully functional with the unreal 2 health pickup sound clip as it sounds similar to the ut3 version.
                          I'll see what I can do with the friction and mass.

Comment

Hi I'm new to udk and I've downloaded the goliath beta 2 release but I'm not sure how to use it in UDK. Could someone please help.

Comment

This is for Unreal Tournament 2004, not for the UDK.
                              You would not even be allowed to use it in the UDK according to the license, since it's a model from one of Epic's games and they only allow the use of those that come with UDK (excluding SkeletalMeshes anyway).

Comment

Working...
                              X