Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
    @Sly and Todd: It's Santorini actually:
    Thanks, Baryonyx. Oh gosh, I had no idea. What a gorgeous town! It's so pristine. Hadn't considered MDK1311 basedhis map on a real honest-to-God location. The Google images were amazing. The missus and me will have to visit Santorini - wow....

MDK1311, please discard my color comments completely.

Humbly,
    Todd

Comment

I've tried it

The pool area could use a world space cubemap rather than view space, its strange how it reflects off your viewing angle. I believe the glow is intentional
      The detail textures on the walls pattern too much, maybe you can switch them for a higher res varying detail texture to break up some of the pattern
      http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/48...F1AC667F783BF/
      Also, some of the round roofs appear a bit faceted?

Comment

MDK, have you tried the command "staticmesh smooth" ?

What is the result with your big static ?
        Normally, this kind of the command can smooth the face (break the faceted)

Comment

@ all, thx for trying/testing the map,

@ leilei and Heimy, The faceted thing on the rounded roofs Is because I use Gile[s] as Lightmap-renderer. Apparently It conserves only a part of the assigned smoothing groups, so the lightmap renders as if it was hard-edged (and I don't know how to fix that) and as a consequence meshsmooth doesnt do anything for it is a lightmap because the mesh is also flagged as unlit (for obvious performance reasons). The Blocky things are artefacts due to the DXT-Compression, and the Main-Lightmaps are 2048x2048 I cannot let them uncompressed. Also, for the day/night cycle I use 12 different lightmaps (which uses a lot of texture memory). So I'm afraid that atm, it is something that cannot be undone... (sorry for that...)
          @ Todd and Bary, indeed inspired by Santorini, so the colour question has been discarded. Unfortunately, I won't be able to change the architecture (because all of it being staticmesh and I cannnot modify it without re-rendering all the lightmaps (Blame the UV2's for that).

Next Beta will be available within more or less 2 weeks.(hopefully) If there are some issues (mostly pathing and collision, let me know and I'll see what I can do until next Beta)
          Cordially, MDK

Comment

can somebody upload this map somewhere else?
            i can't download it even with proxy for some reason

Comment

I can't download it either. I have had a few problems with trying to download from gamefront lately.
              Maybe he can re upload, or is this still beta, is there another version?

Comment

Seems he's pretty busy yet with his studies yet or whatsoever, so...

Uploaded to My Dropbox Space (since January 03, 2013):
                https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...aResortPB1.rar

PS: I still use the US proxy (transparency) using the site to Opera in daily/monthly (just search it guys ).

EDIT: Proxy URL link changed.

Comment

Another MDK map, another great release. She's a really good maper. You work in this domain?

Comment

Wait, what? She?

Comment

cool map
                      heres a mirror

http://wickedhq.com/index.php/downlo...lderaresortpb1

Comment

Originally posted by Baryonyx View Post
                        Wait, what? She?
                        Sorry, probably my mistake. Maybe is "he''. My english is not so good. At school I learnt Russian language.

Comment

this is an amazing beta. I'm missing weapon bases/effect of some kind. the day/night cycle is really smooth. lots of fun 2 play

Comment

Working...
                          X