[WIP] Porto Caldera Resort

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[WIP] Porto Caldera Resort

Hello all, I'm working on a small vacation themed map pack right now (currently 1 map is near final and 2 others are in the works)
    1 of the maps will feature some sort of day/night cycle and is in private beta atm. unfortunately the day/night cycle is only clientside and will require a decent gfx-card (due to multi-pass shaders).
    That same map will also be available for those without a decent gfx-card (but lightmaps will be non transitional.)
    Here are some screens:

If anybody is interested in Private Beta testing Just drop me a PM and I'll make a downloadlink available.
    I hope the pack will be available soon (read within a month or two)
    Cordially, MDK

*Edit* I've changed the name of this thread, and post the first map as Public Beta
    Next maps will follow later for public the beta testing,
    still a lot to do: Making special Fallback Material (will be priority 1)
    Also please bear in mind that the final maps will be released in 1 mappack (that is also the reason why I've separated textures and meshes external packages)
    HERE is a downloadlink.

Woot, you released the map!

If you did not see this, you haven't seen everything. A must have for all map collectors!

Comment

Awesome map this one, good job

Comment

it's pretty amazing :-D
        here's the picture of day/night cycle
        [SHOT]http://rusut.ru/_ph/11/261442158.jpg[/SHOT]

Comment

W00t, you finally added a sun.

Comment

Thanks for releasing this 'Public Beta' version of this map mate. I love the 'day-to-night' skybox/lighting cycle for 10 minutes and plenty of blue-colored doors, roofs, trims and floors. Well, this map's title is your own resort instead of taking some name of the popular resorts I've neutrally thinking. Great gameplay, details, z-axis craziness and the bots are decent. Nice work here.

Comment

Resort map with a day/night cycle?

Downloaded!

Comment

The triggerlights are usual crappy with the BSP (or i dunno use them). The lights passed trough the walls.
                But here, as there are only some staticmeshs, the result is really awesome.
                YES, AWESOME.
                I am jealous.

I always wanna to do the day/night cycle but it was always a failure.
                That opened my eyes.

Comment

Yet another exemplary map, my friend. Might I suggest changing the trim color from blue to rust, or stucco red or some other pastel. Would give the map more of a Mediterranean resort flavor IMHO. Couple of upper window sniper spots (Headshot!) might also be nice.

Cordially,
                  Todd

Comment

So I have downloaded the map

the day-night transition looks good, nice

as for the map itself, resort map is good, although I wish the buildings were enterable

Comment

I wish the buildings were enterable
                      there is one (i think) enterable room

btw how about make doors that can be opened only at daytime?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Todd View Post
                        Yet another exemplary map, my friend. Might I suggest changing the trim color from blue to rust, or stucco red or some other pastel. Would give the map more of a Mediterranean resort flavor IMHO. Couple of upper window sniper spots (Headshot!) might also be nice.

Cordially,
                        Todd
                        It's based on a location in Greece not far from Rhodos iIrc (style-wise), there everything that's man-made is blue/white.

Comment

@ UnShame: There are three IIRC.
                          Also, I think he planned that the doors were only enterable at daytime, but since the day/night cycle is clientside, it ain't possible to do that.

@Sly and Todd: It's Santorini actually:

Comment

We also have some of that style in portugal.

Comment

very cool map
                              i'll try this soon

Comment

Working...
                              X