Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[BETA WIP] Darkstalkers (1-29: 6 models so far)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• started a topic [BETA WIP] Darkstalkers (1-29: 6 models so far)

[BETA WIP] Darkstalkers (1-29: 6 models so far)

I've been working on these same 3 models for a year now, being delayed by Blender features really.

I'm nearly done with them finally since Blender 2.61's weighting isn't bad so I was able to correct a lot of anomalies.

Lei-Lei
    MY LEG (Ballistic)
    MY CLAWS (ChaosUT2)

Also I may request that you don't post screenshots in the quotes (as I know some people will reply by quoting a post), thanks. I'd like to keep the thread managed in bandwidth usage.

I'll release a beta soon, probably a bit reduced in texture detail to keep the size down as it's functionality I want to test.

• replied
    Aaaaaw, Raptor?

But he was so cool (and funny in Namco X Capcom)
    Btw, I read on Wikipedia that they haven't given up on Darkstalkers just yet. So theres still some light to the situation.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lord Raptor! O_O

man, imagine the fun if we had jedah or pyron

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Is it because of the 'oh its an anime girls model pack i'll pass' impression?

i WAS going to make Lord Raptor next.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by leilei2 View Post
    r.i.p. ut2
    i'm not a darkstalkers fan but the passion of your work was clear, and continues to motivate me.
    i just wanted to say that i admire all of your work,
    ...but also respect your decision.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    What?!
    But haven't you read that they're still not giving up on a new Darkstalkers game? Just because that game did'nt sell well does'nt mean it is the end of the series, and you're models are might fine quality!

Don't give up!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Sad indeed, but I have to say that these kinds of characters you're making are just not my style so I have little ambitions to download and test them...

Leave a comment:

• replied
    So youre releasing your models for another game?
    As long as windows xp persists UT2004 cant ever die!
    Simply because its the greatest map and modding game
    of our time - if i were asked for some futuristic shooter
    game with mods - no alternative. (Bugs Bunny!)

P.S.: Back when i viewed a collectors obligatory
    spectator match with your new released fragsisters
    i was very amazed and also pleased since they are
    looking outfreaktastic great and even work ok.
    Sorry if forgot to respond this here but im also
    following other projects some.

P.S.2: I recently downloaded a map on UP
    which had fly-airbikes (look alike) and found
    its the hilariousest game nonsense ever!
    (DM-[RGC]-Field_of_Flyes)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    that's sad to hear

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks for the testing budboy, which by the way is the only real feedback i've recieved for the models having crossposted this release in a couple other places to little notice.

Unfortunately due to the failure on CAPCOM's part with Darkstalkers Resurrection with the community I no longer have interest to continue this project. That and this community's pretty dead with some monster hunter map ripoffing kids remaining, whats the point on working on an ambitious project when you've got highly self-entitled young short-attention spans for an audience?

r.i.p. ut2

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Bumping cause I really like these models

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Budboy View Post
    - For some reason morrigan and lilith looks a bit thin? Not sure if it's just me
    They have a bit of a spinal problem which causes that thin look, yeah that should be fixed

- Felicia's arms kinda looks too big
    I've used the reference sketches from the graphic file for that one. A thin Felicia is an artifact of the newer games (MVC3 etc)

- leilei's skirt sometimes clip, but yeah that's not really much of an issue
    It was a pain to get it to even that point O_O the easy way would just be delete the legs, but that would bring holes.

- Felicia's two strands of hair seems to be moving a lot...I'm assuming it's skinned with her tail?
    The hair's supposed to be on one of the dreadlocks bones (skaarj skeleton)

- the first leilei model...is it me or is her right boob clipping out of her outfit? lol
    The strange part is that it doesn't occur on the ragdoll. I gave her breasts new bones (for future expansion of animations once there IS a proper psa import/export pipeline)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Kaal979 View Post
    Which hijacking?
    Werent it you who posted this
    tropical scene with the morigans?
    Please - the vehicles are so funny!

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/91...C9040C29FF8B9/
    dude

Originally posted by leilei2 View Post
    Also I may request that you don't post screenshots in the quotes (as I know some people will reply by quoting a post), thanks. I'd like to keep the thread managed in bandwidth usage.
    Also, some feedback/comments

- For some reason morrigan and lilith looks a bit thin? Not sure if it's just me
    - Felicia's arms kinda looks too big
    - leilei's skirt sometimes clip, but yeah that's not really much of an issue
    - Felicia's two strands of hair seems to be moving a lot...I'm assuming it's skinned with her tail?
    - the first leilei model...is it me or is her right boob clipping out of her outfit? lol

still, love these models. specially leilei and bulleta

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Which hijacking?
    Werent it you who posted this
    tropical scene with the morigans?
    Please - the vehicles are so funny!

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I played a good bit of DM and ONS with the pack and I saw no weirdness in any animation; all the meshes look and behave perfect. If you want to be picky, Felicia's hair clips, but not to the level that some of the standard robot faces do. In character select, the back of Red's cloak sticks up, but in game looks fine. With ENB enabled, Lilith's face texture goes purple, but only in character select.
    Overall, this is epic; loved the hitsounds.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X