No announcement yet.

[MAP:CTF]Garden Of Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks pretty... but i get a feeling that it needs to be BRIGHT daylight outside

i heard "garden of heaven" and thought brightly lit blue skies with tons of clouds and lots of green

a nice daytime feel would be great IMO

Comment

I'm not picking your pick Plumb nor do I want to aurgue.It just I haven't really noticed that it is louder than my action effects or not gonna play it again now, to see .

OK I'm back and played with no bots just took a look and listen Angels sound mix is pretty solid I mean add the soothing music (her own I believe she is a dj)4 water falls the reverb in the spawn room (virtually, I mean she thought of what it would sound like for real) Its not like you can hear the crickets in the flag room add in 8 pals blooding the place over all the ambience is Rawkin even if it is loud And after 10mins I had to pee.
      There is a post about Cliffy's Ownage and it's in accuracy in picks this map owns and nothing. Ambient sound mix is a really small small thing when the big picture is just awesome meshes, textures, pathing, lighting, flow, and the biggest one of all Fun factor

Comment

Originally posted by Capt_13M
        Ambient sound mix is a really small small thing when the big picture is just awesome meshes, textures, pathing, lighting, flow, and the biggest one of all Fun factor
        I agree. I like the map, like I already stated.

I was just pointing out that the sounds were too loud, that's all.
        Granted it was already said a few times, but not by me, hence I felt the responsibility to say it becasue in my opinion, they are overly loud. If I was beta testing hte map I would have definitely said something. It's too late now, but it doesn't change the fact.

Comment

After playing I agree that it's loud But It's well balanced I kind of like the fact that I still here it all along with the fire fight happening.
          OT; I read your post about the sound of the Goopgun Loading I never thought of it before.I hear mine when it's loading never think to listen for another nobody really uses it.I do hear the Mini and the RL of others have tokeep my ears open

Comment

Hey thanks for noticing.

It's too hard to tell if the sound can be heard third person or not becasue there is no other way to know if someone is charging up (i.e no animaitons for it, and it doesnt automatically fire at its peak, like the RL). So I guess the only way to tell for sure is to ask someone to stand next to you and charge it up to find out.

I'll have to try.

Its easier to figure out hte Rocket Loader isnt making a sound becasue you cant hold on to the rockets as long as you want. So if someone lets loose with 3 rockets you know they had to have charged them up in the last 3 seconds, and if you were near them you would know if a sound was made or not.

With the goop you can run around with a full load hte whole match if you wished. It would still be nice to know if someone was charging goop near you tho, I mean, there is no reason to cut corners on these things just because the mass majority hasen't complained.
            Epic should have more pride in perfecting the product themselves, instead of pretending nothing matters unless we bring it up 200 times.

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
              Hey thanks for noticing.
              With the goop you can run around with a full load hte whole match if you wished. It would still be nice to know if someone was charging goop near you.
              That is why I love the goopgun sneaking up with a full load and SPLAT and I agree but If we keep finding things that are wrong the longer the wait for the BonusPack(only 2 weeks more I hear ) How is that new patch I'm still running 2179 have yet to install 2181 ???I still have to listen for NYGrrl's water sound while walking also still haven't noticed if that was fixed yet.

Comment

I purposely made the sounds louder than I would normally have, usually the ambient sound is drowned out by the firefights and you don't hear most of the ambience a mapper puts in.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                  I purposely made the sounds louder than I would normally have, usually the ambient sound is drowned out by the firefights and you don't hear most of the ambience a mapper puts in.
                  After playing the map a few times I've changed my mind about the ambient sounds being too loud. They do seem about right when in a firefight. Either way, it's a great map Angel_Mapper :up:.

Comment

@CliffyB We want OWNAGE

This is the best CTF map out period nuff said

Comment

Originally posted by Grimmen
                      0wnage maybe ? atleast imho.
                      In Mine TOO!... Great Job AngelMapper

[DC] BaleFire

Comment

Guess CliffyB didnt think so

Comment

This is going to sound like a stereo type or a cry for attention, but it isn't. I just wanted to say it's refreshing to see a woman this interested in U.T. I've played CTF- Garden of Heaven and really enjoyed it. IMO it's solid both visually and sonically. I really like the additional ambient valume. In Asbestos I like to hear the machines running. In Antallas I like the nature sounds, all this , for me, adds to the immersive element of the game.
                          To close I gotta say: YOU GO GIRL!!!
                          Nice Job!
                          Digimortal

Comment

Played it - liked it. One of the more promising levels I have played so far. Just put some more trim across the roof to clean it up a bit.

Great shooting star effect by the way. I think you should make the skybox unlit to bring out the stars a bit more. I can hardly see them as is.

Comment

Working...
                            X