X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[MAP:CTF]Garden Of Heaven

Here it is, my first UT2003 map, CTF-Garden Of Heaven:

http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=1901

Hey, looks great! I like your use of colour.

Downloading...

Did you want feedback, or is the map final?

BTW, if the song isn't one of yours, I'd put the credit for it in your readme file. Cool choice!

Comment

Pretty much final, I've already had beta testing. The bots don't go for the sniper rifle or shield belts, that's the only problem I noticed.

Comment

Just played it, great map. :up: Liked the fact that you have a few dark corners. Again, colours are well done.

Only complaint I have is that the ambient sounds (wind, water) radius is a little too large. The wind, for example I would have raised a little higher up, so it's not almost always heard.

Very impressive for a first (UT2003)map. I'm guessing by the quality you mapped for UT?

Comment

And I'm guessing you've never clicked on the link in my sig

Comment

Very nice map. Agreed about the ambient sounds. They're a bit loud and therefore ruin the otherwise tranquil atmosphere of the map. Maybe you should tone down the volume of them a bit?

Comment

I like it a lot. I felt a great sense of place in the locale you created. All the different elements (sound, music, textures, lighting and construction) blend together in a harmonious whole. Hehehe, such perfection cries out for a little carnage.

Lol, while quite different the mood I felt put me to mind of Ulukai's Sun Tzu. That's a compliment as that map was till now imo something of a one of a kind.

I generally play bigger maps (Tokara Forest, Forest of Giants) but yours is a keeper. Truly looking forward to your next maps. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper
                And I'm guessing you've never clicked on the link in my sig
                Sorry, I have sigs set to hidden, my mouse wheel thanks me... I'll check it out though.

Comment

Warcenter Has done a interview with Angel Mapper. Head to Warcenter if you want to read the interview.

http://warcenter.mine.nu/

And many thanks to Angel Mapper again for doing this interview.

Comment

pretty good for ur first ut2003 map, but i could hear that u had mapped for ut1 - nevertheless great practiced - i like ur style of architecture and i like also the lighting. there is include a bit of the TreeOfAges style - i think u know the map, good work for this time...

im just loading the map and give u my impressions soon

Comment

How bout releasing a map now :cry:

quit teasing us! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Comment

CTF-GardenofHeaven

Excellent map, great gameplay, flows well, feels really good...graphics appear natural...small yet set up nicely...I like this map alot....thank you very much.....:up: :up:

Comment

Well I have tried the map out and as expected it looks really good. The gameplay seems to be pretty good, sadly I found the map maybe a little to small for a 5on5, but I thinks its great for 2on2 or maybe 3on3. Only one thing annoyed me a little bit, is that when you are out in the middle of the map you have no way to get to the upper pathway unless you have translocator enabled, thats the only thing I could think off. But really a great map Angel Mapper you truly know your stuff. Still waiting for Thalassia looks like its gonna be great

Comment

Great map.

Looks good and plays well but i have to agree with Grim, a little too small for me. But still a great map thats a blast to play. And i love the top above the flag rooms, sniping down on people through the crack is alot of fun.

Anyhow great map and cant wait for the next one

Comment

I just made a bloody mess all over one of the most gorgeous maps I've played in the new year.The Garden runs so smooth my machine didn't know what to do(it's used to hicuping on some newer custom maps,2019 anyone?) I must have Thalasia now Angel, you can't keep us waiting. I don't play much CTF either and I starting to enjoy it more. Thanks for your wonderful work.Is there a trick to get to the sheilds ???

Comment

Working...
                              X