• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-YM-Shard [Beta 1][May 30 2011][DL][Pics]

Name: DM-YM-Shard & ME style StaticMesh and Textures package
    Version: 1 - May 30 2011
    Compatibility: UT2004 (patch 3339)

Description: The final level from Mirror's Edge as a death match map. Not much Z-Axis fighting, but pretty good with some realism mods (I made this with my YARM mod in mind).

I recreated from scratch a large assortment of the deco models (probably over 100+) and textures to use in this map. Most have a much lower triangle count so that the map will actually run on my computer.... Took a couple of months just to make all of the artwork assets.

Screenshots:
    <-> <->

<-><->

Download here:
    DM-YM-Shard beta 1

Wow! Simply stunning!
    So much effort for one map! I remember the screenshots you were showing us months ago when you started making the Mirror's Edge static meshes!
    I'll download it and try it out, let's see how the gameplay for regular UT is and if I can find any bugs

Comment

I should also mention there are a lot more static meshes in the package that I did not use in the map, but could easily be used for a lot of other maps including:
      1. All of the large/major HVAC units
      2. Most of the small HVAC units
      3. Complete pipe system set (elbows, straight sections etc)
      4. Doors (most of them)
      5. Some furniture (couches, desks, computers, phone, book cases)
      6. A whole assortment of lights
      7. Conduit/electrical work stuff
      8. Vent textures
      9. Other rooftop "stuff" (vents etc.)
      10. Vehicle models (sedan, cargo truck, van)

I will be updating the static mesh package later to include the remaining small HVAC units, communications gear (various antennas), additional vehicles (SUV and Crane), and maybe some more of the construction decorations and "junk" (cardboard boxes etc.)

I plan to make at least two more maps using this decoration set (maybe a version of MarioKart64's blockfort and Halo's Hang'EmHigh).

Comment

Have not tested yet, but looking at the screenshots looks great(makes me remember my favorite DOM map from UT99, DOM-MetalDream), i need to sleep now, but tomorrow i will download and test it!

Comment

This map is pretty much the love child of DM-Crane & DOM-MetalDream... And that's certainly good

Comment

Not tested yet but it looks fantastic.

Comment

This map looks really well and plays even better. I used Ballistic Weapons on this map and it was a lot of fun. there are plenty of places to hide and duck for cover. The only thing I could think of to make it better would be to add a few more weapons as they are pretty scarce.

Are we allowed to use these meshes for our own maps?

Comment

Hi Turbo K,
                As long as you mention me in the credits, yes you can use these meshes/textures in your own UT2kx maps (not for UDK usage!). I will be updating the static mesh and texture package again in probably a month or two to add more things so it might be a good idea to "MyLevel" anything you use.

Comment

I played it again it is that good. Another problem I noticed is that weapon fire bounces off the skybox very close to the platform.

Comment

Hey had a go of your map going to say bloody hell nice one the layout the looks everything plays well bots and all and it's only beta 1.

Comment

I have never heard about this map (dont know from what game is it from), but anyway i loved it!I just think its a little too small, i need to squeeze myself to can pass through that yellow bars , but i like this style .

But anyway, i normally play with all details low (except texture & character that are set to normal) because my PC is slow and to see if the maps 's FPS is good with all details low, so, is this normal?

[SHOT]http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/9217/dmymshardbug1.jpg[/SHOT]

[SHOT]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/949/dmymshardbug2.jpg[/SHOT]

And all the lights are like this

Thanks for the great stuff! Keep it up!
                      Rampage

Comment

Description: The final level from Mirror's Edge as a death match map. Not much Z-Axis fighting, but pretty good with some realism mods (I made this with my YARM mod in mind).
                        That's the answer for your question

Comment

Thank everyone for trying this map out! And yes it will feel a tad small as it is designed for player ground speeds around 250 (instead of the normal 440) that I use in my mod. [EDIT] Since this map was designed for YARM (and the deco meshes were pretty much scaled for it too) I won't be up-scaling this map at all. Some change list items for next release:
                          1. The "edges"/skybox walls of the maps will be moved further away
                          2. I will be adding a few more "communications" type decos (satellite dish, antennas etc)
                          3. Additional weapon pickups will be added in a few spots
                          4. anything else?

@LIPRampage: Hmm, that is a strange texture glitch. I also have a pretty old computer (1GHz CPU, 512 PC133 RAM, 64 Mb GF4MX Vid Card) but I do not have that glitch. I think I might know a way to fix it for the next release, or it might be a video card bug. Do you use direct3D or openGL, or software rendering?

Comment

nice dude

Comment

I use Direct3D, and i have tried it with all details at highest, i even heard the announcer saying 'Holy *****! , but the problem stills, maybe its really that the problem, mmmm, try checking texture bowser and see if the lamp's texture is set to HIGH detail or SUPERHIGH detail by seeing their properties, can be this, or not...I dont know, never have noticed this before, anyway keep up the good stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X