Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[MAP : DM] DM-Nirvana][ (Close to release)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, just finished up a session with 3 bots. Graphics wise, this map is frikken buetiful, extremely well executed. Bots played pretty good, I still handed their *** to them but they put up a good fight at the beginning. Map flows well also. Bugs? Just FPS issues, otherwise, great map man!

Comment

FPS on average was about 10 fps lower than the average Epic map.
      But the map is absolutely beautiful, so I think it makes up for that
      I noticed your lighting is very nice, and I kept saying to myself "very good use of projectors" but then I soon realized it was not projectors at all, but just a Light Map level of 2.
      I just learned about Light Maps yesterday, and through this, I hear that low light maps can hurt FPS a bit. And seeing how much of your map has a light map of 2, this 'bit of FPS loss' may have translated into a large loss of FPS.
      Have you thought of boosting the light map back up, and then using projectors instead? Maybe there will be a significant FPS increase.
      Otherwise, absolutely stunning map, with great flow and gameplay.

Comment

Well I will be releasing this map today!

Ill make a new post about it

I will fix some things indicated by some people and cliffyb

than upload it to BeyondUnreal,nalicity,and fileplanet if anybody can suggest anymore places I can upload just give a post here

Comment

Originally posted by P1nky
          I noticed your lighting is very nice, and I kept saying to myself "very good use of projectors" but then I soon realized it was not projectors at all, but just a Light Map level of 2.
          I just learned about Light Maps yesterday, and through this, I hear that low light maps can hurt FPS a bit. And seeing how much of your map has a light map of 2, this 'bit of FPS loss' may have translated into a large loss of FPS.
          As far as I know, Lightmaps should only hurt FPS if the sheer amount of them fills up your graphics card memory. Other than that, they're all pre-rendered.
          Lightmaps were actually one of the things we discussed as part of optimising, and last I heard Desp had knocked 10Mb off the map size by using 4 instead of 2. The value is proportional to the size of the surface, so you only need 1 or 2 on very large surfaces.

Comment

Originally posted by Desperado#2-Rog
            Well I will be releasing this map today!

Ill make a new post about it

I will fix some things indicated by some people and cliffyb

than upload it to BeyondUnreal,nalicity,and fileplanet if anybody can suggest anymore places I can upload just give a post here
            Sweet great m8 :up: Have been waiting for this one for a long time.

Comment

[fake Clinton voice] I am excited! [/Clinton] but really I am!

Comment

Is it out yet??? I been waiting and missed on the testing where can I find the Link ????

Comment

Woot! I'm so excited dood! I've said it before, and will say it again: This is SO ownage.

Comment

Working...
                  X