Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[Tool] Unreal Dependencies (UnrealDeps)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tool] Unreal Dependencies (UnrealDeps)

Description:
    The main purpose of the tool is to easily list the files required by an unreal package (like a map), check which files are missing and allow the downloading from a (redirect) server.
    The feature list:
    • View dependencies of unreal packages
    • Check which files are missing
    • Download the missing files from redirect servers
    • Copy all required files to one central directory to allow easy publishing of e.g. a map
    • Compress/Decompress uz, uz2 and uz3 files (standalone, no local installation of any game required; uz compression is around 30 times faster than UT99's ucc.exe)

Requirements:
    Windows and .NET Framework 3.5

Supported games:
    I don't really know... I am pretty sure that most games up to UT2004 are supported; I only tested UT2004 and UT99, though.

I began writing the tool because I wanted to get to know C# and the general .NET environment, i.e. not because I required such a tool in the first place.
    I hope, though, that it might be of some use to anyone.

Credits: Thanks to Eliot for testing and his UnrealLibrary
    Contact: The thread on unrealadmin.org (see download-link) or this forum

Latest version: 0.1.0 (regard it as a beta, I haven't tested everything thoroughly and only 2 games)
    Download Link: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30406
    I also released the source-code for the uzLib (uz1/uz2/uz3 algorithms) (check the link above).

PS: The mainly targeted games are of course UT99 and UT2004, but the standalone uz3-compression should come in handy to UT3-server-admins
    (But consequently I won't post it in the UT3-section.)

Copying all files sounds mighty useful. I spend loads of time looking into files with UTPT just to figure out those dependencies. So I might give it a shot the next time I release something.

Comment

Nice tool, Gugi! Does remind me of UTDeps a bit

Comment

Oooh neat. Thanks for sharing.

Pros
        + Now I don't have to open file-by-file to figure out the Dependencies. I can simply select like 10 maps and your program will tell me everything I'm missing
        + I'm now able to decompress/compress files without having to do the Registry trick, or use slow ucc
        + Option to download files, which is a huge plus. Saves having to search one-by-one.

Cons
        Nothing yet.

Overall, I'm happy with the program so far

Comment

thx man i really had to download a lot

Comment

and the ut2k4 trial germany server is great xp

Comment

wish i also could know how to do programming

Comment

If you did not see it, there is a button with "Edit" written on it (in the bottom right corner next to "quote") on all your posts so you don't have to double or even triplepost. That makes it easier for others to read.

Comment

wow, I'm always looking for something like that
                  great job

Comment

Not sure if this is already implemented or not, but I figured I'd put this out there...

Feature request: Indicate which packages are part of a default UT2004 patch 3369 installation and which ones aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post
                      Not sure if this is already implemented or not, but I figured I'd put this out there...

Feature request: Indicate which packages are part of a default UT2004 patch 3369 installation and which ones aren't.
                      You can of course also find that out by opening the Manifest.ini.

Comment

Indeed, all UT2004 stock files (though including the Megapack if you installed it) are listed under [UT2004] in Manifest.ini.

Comment

Originally posted by Wail of Suicide View Post

You could emulate such a feature by using the "filtered files" for this:
                          The standard excluded and known files are all the files of UT2004 3369 + Megapack. So, just create a copy of the standard "ExcludedFiles_UT2004.ufl", rename it to something like "StandardFiles_UT2004.ufl" and change the options of the game-profile in the tool. By choosing "Mark files, if they are" "NOT in the list" in the filtered-files-tab you should see all non-standard dependencies (of opened packages).

If you only want a complete list of standard files, you can simply look up the Manifest.ini, as Wormbo and Crusha K. Rool suggested.

Comment

Originally posted by Gugi View Post
                            You could emulate such a feature by using the "filtered files" for this:
                            The standard excluded and known files are all the files of UT2004 3369 + Megapack. So, just create a copy of the standard "ExcludedFiles_UT2004.ufl", rename it to something like "StandardFiles_UT2004.ufl" and change the options of the game-profile in the tool. By choosing "Mark files, if they are" "NOT in the list" in the filtered-files-tab you should see all non-standard dependencies (of opened packages).

If you only want a complete list of standard files, you can simply look up the Manifest.ini, as Wormbo and Crusha K. Rool suggested.
                            Cool that is useful.
                            And Crusha, scanning Manifest.ini line-by-line and comparing it to program output doesn't seem like a very good alternative to having the program do that extra processing for me. I very much prefer letting a program take care of tedious tasks like that if I can.

Comment

I released the source code for the uz1/uz2/uz3 algorithms (i.e. the uzLib) on unrealadmin.org: http://www.unrealadmin.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=30406

Comment

Working...
                              X