Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

TNG transporter effect

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TNG transporter effect

I created a quick test for the Star Trek: The Next Generation transporter effect. So far it looks good. You can test it here:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lzw7fmb3zn1u5i8

And here is a video preview of the effect:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrK77Jelbq0

Great as always Emerald
    I'll have to take a look on how to add it into the map and how to make objects dissapear. The effect looks really cool!

Comment

I'm thinking about creating a sort of "Transporter pad" actor which would act as a teleporter. Should work nicely on players, not as nicely on other objects (the barrel there had nothing in the skins[] array so I had to make a new actor for it so it could fade out), but it could still work fine. Also, I have to create a good starburst/glitter overlay effect...

Comment

Here's a video preview:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrK77Jelbq0

Comment

Music fits well.
          But how about an arrival beam effect?

Comment

Of course it does, it's from Star Trek

The arrival beam is the same, just that the barrel would fade in.

Comment

Woot! I love how that looks like. Can't wait to see a fully playable map with that
              "Beam me up, Scotty!"

Comment

Be careful what you say! Your wish might become true
                *beams himself up*

Comment

That looks pretty cool.

Comment

Now all we're missing is a phaser, a phaser rifle, a tricorder, a bat'leth, and the NCC-1701D crew.

What about a blue noise animated skin effect like the shield for objects beaming out?

Comment

Yeap, I have a few ideas in mind. For one, it seems that the effect used there is a starry field tinted blue with two layers - one going up, one going down, and with random opacity changes. It's also true for the first person view - it fades to this starry texture and then fades you out to somewhere else.

Comment

Are you aware of the FPS game Star Trek Voyager Elite Force? That one also had both 3rd person and 1st person transporter effect, being a Star Trek game and all. Might want to check it out.

Comment

Obviously that's not the TNG effect :P Those are quite different.

Comment

Well true, but I don't think the transporter effect changed too much between the "TNG-era" series.

Comment

Speaking of which, it would be nice if there was a video of all transporter effects in one. So far I haven't found one. Some of the film effects are pretty awesome, though. Then again, those might be only possible with Unreal II particle generators...

Comment

Working...
                              X