Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teamwork Hellbender (nitro/anti-camp vehicles)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teamwork Hellbender (nitro/anti-camp vehicles)

I will prefix this by stating that if you do not admin or play on a racing assault server, this post is likely to be of absolutely no use to you.

I've noticed that racing maps have a distinct tendency to unfairly waste a hell of a lot of time through camping, in addition to having very little skill due to the perfect handling of the Hellbender, so I did a little modification in my spare time to the Hellbender and some Scorpion variants.

Long story short, this Hellbender is designed to prevent lone camping from clogging up race maps. The beams on the back deal 10% of normal knockback when you are alone, 66% when you have 2 players in the vehicle, and 100% with 3. This was the first stage of the vehicle, and worked very effectively on the server I admin to phase out lone camping. The vehicle has shielding and repairs, which work to reduce knockback taken by 90% and repair 250hp respectively, working off a shared meter for all vehicle abilities.

The pack also contains replacements for the Scorpion, gunless scorpion (SkyRace) and minigun scorpions (SkyRace and other maps). These, and the Hellbender, are capable of boosting by pressing the Shift key. The purpose of this is to keep up the pace of race maps, to deal with some poorly mapped sections of certain race maps by offering more forward thrust on demand, and to add a bit more skill to speed management and cornering. This code is neither realistic nor foolproof, but I hope it breaks suspension of disbelief enough to be useful to someone - I haven't heard any realism complaints on my server.

The pack comes with a mutator (TWBv5.UpgradeTWB) which will replace Hellbenders, earlier versions of this Teamwork Hellbender that I placed in certain maps I edited, Scorpions, Minigun Scorpions and Unarmed Scorpions. The mutator has an exclusion list (a sample .ini for this is included) which will cause the replacer to ignore the maps you set, and it is also responsible for setting the keys for the Hellbender repair, boost and shield. Text appears upon entry informing players which keys to press.

I'm mainly posting this here in the hope that certain server admins who may or may not read this forum will appreciate a way around the camping and use this - I'd rather not be posting something so minor here :/

http://upload-it.ch/upload/TeamworkBender.rar

[TeamworkBender4.u is a dependency - instead of using DynamicLoadObject, I referenced the package directly, despite using DLO later on in the file. ._. Yeah, I know, I suck.]

i think it'll not work without ucl file (you need to extract it using ucc.exe)

Comment

Did I not include the ucl file? Ugh, typical me.

http://upload-it.ch/upload/TWBv5.ucl

Comment

The NitroInteraction class in this thing doesn't unregister itself, causing players to be kicked when they switch to an Anti TCC protected server without that interaction class.

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into fixing that.

Comment

Working...
          X