Aliens Pulse Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aliens Pulse Rifle

This is my first mut and it's a port from the game AVP2... you need switch arsenal 4 patched to run this one Enjoy!!!

If you want a test run, join the server off of my site

Wicked Game Server
    http://www.gamingsource.co.uk/wgs/

NEW LINK (UPDATED)

none of the links work on mine....inventive idea though...i love that gun...does it fire grenades???

Comment

links

cut and paste the urls from the links into your address bar, that might work... you can also manually type the URL to my site and get it there -CVROY

Comment

maybe its the player....but the gun seems a little too big imo. scale it down to like 80% its size

Comment

Links don't work.

Comment

Sorry all...links

My web server is down right now... I am looking into it it should be up soon... if not I will repost the links from ut2003files.com when the file is up

Also the weapon is big... but so are all the other weapons in the game. I wanted to keep with the size if the weapons in general.

Comment

Re: Sorry all...links

Originally posted by cvroy
              Also the weapon is big... but so are all the other weapons in the game. I wanted to keep with the size if the weapons in general.
              Yes, but there's big, then there's this. It looks too large, deemer sized even, imho.

Comment

Dead Links!
                :weird:

Comment

CanĀ“t click the links.

Comment

links are sooo soooo dead

Comment

The gun looks really good but i don't really like the skinning, it is a bit to rough. Other than that :up: :up:

Comment

I think someone used the pulse rifle to kill the links!

Comment

The third person model is WAY to high on the arms (you hold the grip below the base of it?!)
                          The pickup sound is ANNOYING. And the firing sounds are WAY to quiet. I can barely hear them. Also, the shoot sound you used is for the SMARTGUN!! Not the pulse rifle. The ammo count should be a power of 90, since Pulse Rilfes have 90 round mags. The First person model is WAY too low poly, it can't be more then 100 polygons. Also, make the ammo counter on the side functional, it can be done. like the original Pulse rilfe in UT, the code is still there. Hell, you can even have Video displays on weapons (you could hack the lightning gun to make the LCD display work.

But its a good start

Comment

Originally posted by MosquitoForeveR
                            The third person model is WAY to high on the arms (you hold the grip below the base of it?!)
                            The pickup sound is ANNOYING. And the firing sounds are WAY to quiet. I can barely hear them. Also, the shoot sound you used is for the SMARTGUN!! Not the pulse rifle. The ammo count should be a power of 90, since Pulse Rilfes have 90 round mags. The First person model is WAY too low poly, it can't be more then 100 polygons. Also, make the ammo counter on the side functional, it can be done. like the original Pulse rilfe in UT, the code is still there. Hell, you can even have Video displays on weapons (you could hack the lightning gun to make the LCD display work.

But its a good start
                            This mutator is just a starting stab at coding and getting the feel for it. I am in no way trying to reproduce the actual pulse rifle with it's 90 round mag (if that's what it holds).

The sound is in fact from the PULSERIFLE not SMARTGUN!
                            When I DE-REZ the files from the game AVP2 there is a folder called weapons... dig around in there for a bit and you find a folder called PULSERIFLE, that's where I got it from so if it is infact the wrong sound forward your posting to FOX games because they put it in there not me.

The model is low poly but hey all I did was take it out of the game and fit the skin from the game together for ut2003... and slap it to my coding project.

The sound is fine, I have seen this mutator on 6 different machines today, and it was the same on all of them. It was the exact opposite of what you described. The firing sound I hear is pretty loud, and the pickup is barely audible with the killing and mayhem going on. Did you check your sound tab setup? If you have it on 3D hardware or 3D hardware with EAX is screws up the sound for the whole game. Or maybe you have one of those built in sound chips that has some effect on it like a reverb or chorus effect, that can do it too... or one of those sound chips or cards that fakes surround sound or something... I don't know, computers are made by people so that will explain a lot.

Thanks for checking it out though

Comment

Links fixed

*** See First Post***

Comment

Working...
                              X