DM-1on1-SkyRise [Final]*Updated*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-1on1-SkyRise [Final]*Updated*

*UPDATE* - I fixed the zoneinfo skybox problem (many thanks to Teddie, link has been updated!)

Sorry for the big mistake, I wasn't aware that there was an issue like that!

OK, it's here...It's done...I can get it out of my hands...

Copied from readme.txt

I started this map a couple weeks ago. I made the entire layout in Maya and ported it over as a mesh (never again, lol)...I was thinking about scrapping the map because I could find no way to light it properly but took my time, went through some of the options and was able to workaround. So here it is...bots are pathed properly (recommend SuperBots 2.0), powers ups are to be found, enjoy the scenery, and keep on fraggin' !

Damage Amp: Yes
    Super Shield: Yes
    Redeemer: Forget about it
    Ion Painter: Nope
    Images
    -----------------

Download
    -----------------
    http://bellsouthpwp.net/r/e/reaver84...n1-SkyRise.zip

Feedback this time :-D

Will have it up on UT2003HQ.com SOON!

It's up!

Comment

Reaver,

I like it man. Fun.

1 small problem.

If you do a revision. Rotate the player starts so when you spawn, your not facing death over the edge. (in other words, just point the arrows toward the action and not a wall or an edge.

1 big problem.

You didn't put any zoneInfo actors in your map.

Your skybox will not be seen by client computers during multiplay.

Comment

well i tested it online with someone and they didn't have any problems. Are you sure?

Comment

Originally posted by [landome]ReaveR
          well i tested it online with someone and they didn't have any problems. Are you sure?
          I haven't tested it across the LAN yet but I can tell you that if you don't have any zone infos and you're using a skybox, the client computer will not see your sky box.

They'll see the "big box" that they're playing inside of and the texture used on it, but they won't see the sky box.

Comment

I'll give it a try on my home lan later tonight and see if it happens...that's weird though, thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by [landome]ReaveR
              I'll give it a try on my home lan later tonight and see if it happens...that's weird though, thanks for the heads up!
              No problem. Let me know how it goes.

Keep us updated on any revision you do. I like the map.

Comment

that zoneactor thingy seems to be a problem with a lot of map makers - I test maps all the time that look great and as soon as I install them onto my Public server on www - the skybox goes to hell... Its very decieving - to the authors...

many a great map gets pulled offline because of this,,

(collusium is a prime example)

Comment

OK, I fixed the zoneinfo problem. I tried on my home LAN and it was messed up. I was shocked...I had no idea. Thanks again Teddie.

Please download again if you've done so. Big mistake, my bad.

Comment

DLed I haven't looked at it yet I let you what I think tomorrow nght after work. looks real

Comment

If you had imported your mesh as a Brush you wouldnt have lightning problems at all. Unreal is bad in lightning meshes but very good in lightning BSPBrushes.

gg

Comment

Working...
                      X