No announcement yet.

Onslaught Specials - new map features for a popular gametype

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I could try. Might be more fun than the CTF-BridgeOfFate conversion I'm working on to showcase some of the Onslaught Specials 2 features.

Comment

Use them both Here is the latest version I had been working on:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yn5efoad1yokx3e (*note: not a playable map and is missing a node link setup)

If you wanted to do the node link setup just disregard the extra nodes that were not in the UT3 version. I will clean up those areas at some point later. I do plan on doing a few more things before a public release map, maybe add more UT3 meshes..

Comment

holy ****, this awesome tool hasnt been mentioned in over a month, WTF? Just curious on if a countdown node will work online. I heard there are some issues with version 2 of Onslaught Specials and online play so I have been hesitant to use this. I do not have access to a test server so I have only heard this through word of mouth. I do have a 3rd map I am tinkering around with that would feature Onslaught Specials which is a non vehicle ONS map (not a UT3 port either ).

Comment

Well, you can use the released V1, that one works fine online, I guess. Most of the features of V2 are already implemented in V1, just set up in another way.

Besides that there have been more bug reports / requested features in the several other threads in other forums for this, so I guess Wormbo will try to have that all done first before releasing the next version. The Worm is not such a Work In Progress reporting guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo
            Special power node/core classes with features such as standalone nodes, prime nodes, tilted skybeams, forced associate actors that are closer to other nodes/cores, custom health, build time, healing speed, height.
            I'm wondering whether those standalone power nodes are restricted to work in Onslaught only?

I just realized it might be a cool strategic addition if you placed a standalone power node on a VCTF map that provides a certain type of vehicle or simply a spawn point on the battlefield. Would that be possible as of now, or would I need to start working on something like that myself? Cause I'm beginning to like the idea. x)

Comment

The Independent Nodes as such rely on the ONS link system, as far as I know. He simply told the Node to connect with itself, but that still requires some kind of linksetup system and will probably not work without it.

But if you only want some vehicle spawn point to be captured, then it won't be that hard probably to script a new damageable actor that gains health when being touched by a team and can be destroyed by the other one in the meanwhile. Linking VehicleFactories and PlayerStarts will be easy then. You just don't have the possibility to choose a spawn location yourself at that point.

But in the end you still should ask yourself if that is still real VCTF then...

Comment

Originally posted by Crusha K. Rool View Post
                But in the end you still should ask yourself if that is still real VCTF then...
                Anyway, is RPG still real UT2004 then

/me suggests Crusha to mention to PaD/pd_ the radarmap and all the other stuff that he has added to his ONSTools specifically for VCTF:
                http://www.vehiclemasters.co.uk/show...4570#post34570

Comment

Standalone nodes are still nodes and nodes only work in the Onslaught gametype.

Comment

Originally posted by lilalurl View Post
                    /me suggests Crusha to mention to PaD/pd_ the radarmap and all the other stuff that he has added to his ONSTools specifically for VCTF:
                    http://www.vehiclemasters.co.uk/show...4570#post34570
                    Sure thing, but we probably shouldn't abuse Wormbo's thread for this (bump mine instead ).
                    But while we're at it: I hope I can get it done in the next two weeks.
                    Downtown will help me to test the last critical actors in netplay and afterwards I will just do some compatibility changes in the DW to make it work better with Wormbo's SelectableSkyZoneInfo and then I will probably re-add the feature to track a vehicle on the RadarMap to the UltimateVCTFFactory in order to be used with the UltimateRadarMap you mentioned.

Fullscreen RadarMap support is only an option for later releases and only if I can glance at Wormbo's code for implementing the configuration of LinksetupSupplement Actors via the Linksetup Designer, if he's going for it.

Comment

Working...
                    X