Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UCBP Beta C-2014 Upload (mutators and maps from Unreal Championship 1 & 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FewPosts
    Sweet, then I think it may be finsished Thanx for the heads up
    The UT2004 version retains the camera functionality, they just moved it to a seperate key rather than one of the fire modes. I think the defualt is "Q" ,but I'm not sure about that part.
    yes, after firing you can press the "Q" (key by default) to see the inboard camera

Comment

The module inside the translocator shouldn't be there. For one, it doesn't get alpha'd correctly, and it doesn't disappear when it's shot out of the translocator.

Comment

Here is a screen of it coming out of the gun, it reuturns about a mico-second later (beacon still deployed) To be perfectly clear:
        When you fire, it DOES shoot out from the translocator. It returns almost instantly. I noticed the 2k4 weapon, that the beacon does not return to the weapon untill you teleport. This is not doing that exactly, but it's very close. It just needs to know to stay "out" as long as the puck is out.
        [SHOT]http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/8094/shot00024qk.jpg[/SHOT]
        BTW this is mostly based off of UT2004 code(not UT2003)

Comment

Just wanted to mention that the next skin you'll get is the Bio skin (probably either tomorrow or in 2 days I think, have been working on RL skin again which was also the reason for the delay of the Bio skin). Then the Minigun skin
          BTW what happens if I won't get all skins finished after beta 1.5
          Am still working on the RL skin from time to time when I take a break from the other skins (pretty hard to make it look good).

Comment

Well, make sure that the alpha is solved as well. Personally I like it even if the module isn't inside.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
              Well, make sure that the alpha is solved as well. Personally I like it even if the module isn't inside.
              I think you'll like it I tested a final blend for the glass and it actually looks worse.:/ Oh well.
              (correction...BETA 1.6 next..lol)

Comment

it actually looks kinda cool, but this ended up happening... it might have had something to do with the fact that I turned on player highlighting, but I could be wrong.

[IMG]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkBarrage99/unreal/uc_insta****up_1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://www.majhost.com/gallery/DarkBarrage99/unreal/uc_insta****up_2.jpg[/IMG]

I also wanted to mention, I know there's a player highlighting mutator out there that will allow you to have the shoulder lamps like in uc1, turn off team skins, and bright skins. I remember I had it years ago.

Edit: alright, in my infinite wisdom, I uploaded the pictures with curse words in their name, and they wont show because apparently the F word makes epic cry. just replace the **** with the f word.

also as you can tell, the guns themselves are somewhat misaligned.

Comment

Okay I think you'll probably get some of the UC textures until then
                  (Whew.. Why do I work on so many projects? LMAO )

Comment

Cause your'e passionate about this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Sly. View Post
                      (Whew.. Why do I work on so many projects? LMAO )
                      I work on a whole lot as well. Hence why I organise them in my To Do list.

Comment

I did that as well but now I've lost the plot I need to organize everything again :/
                        BTW FewPosts, you'll get the BioSkin over the next days. In theory it's finished but I want to optimize it a bit and maybe add an alpha channel as well.

Comment

it's good to hear :] I did however like the glowing insta guns though, there was something refreshing about it that for some reason made it fee like uc1

my girlfriend finally left, so I'll be trying to get that ini as close as I can and hopefully finish it by tonight.

Edit: also I wanted to mention an idea if its possible cause it should be easy. at the end of a game in uc1, the level's music stops playing and that "Victory" song starts playing. would it be hard at all to make a mutator that will play the music at the end of a game? I also wanted to share that I think the UC soundtrack overall was supposed to emulate the feel of the old school ut music, not unlike the weapon models.

I also wanted to ask, whats the deal with sound effects? and also, the assault rifle nade launcher is still slow, it should function like the 2k3 AR

Comment

No, a mutator like that would be easy to do, but what music do you mean?

Comment

well if you never played Uc1, there were 7 songs that were UC1 exclusive. 5 of the "level" tracks, a song that played during the ending credits and a 30 second song that played on a loop at the end of a game called "victory"

I converted the 6 songs to .OGG format so they can play in ut2k4, and repackaged them into a rar. and here it is ^_^

http://www.mediafire.com/?dp0vkpyqe8hlzrd

Comment

Great Emerald moved from "thanx" to CONTIBUTORS (one of the top contibitors)
                                (you've been a tremendous help my friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X