No announcement yet.

SuperBots v2.1 [UPDATED]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, good of place to ask as any, and possibly make a suggestion...

Easy bots run slower, and I can't tell if they are just much less accurate, or their weapons do less damage

godlike bots run as fast as you, but their weapons do MUCH more damage.

is there a way to normalize movement speeds and damage? so both are 100%, no more, no less?

Comment

AFAIK all bots except novice bots do normal damage....and bots can never do more damage than you can.

Comment

I do use the translocator, so I am loading the serverpackage.

It looks like my problem was having it installed on my client. I did some experimenting though, and it seems that if an older version is in your cache you can still connect to a server with a newer version, but if you have the newer version in your cache and you connect to a server with an older version you get a mismatch.

I have my server set to download small files directly, but those that use a public redirector for all files are going to run into problems with different versions on the redirect servers.

I also have what is probably a stupid question. I noticed that the script file downloads to the client whether the server loads the mutator on the command line or not. I'm guessing, at least if you are using the serverpackage line, that you don't need to put the mutator on the command line. Is that correct? I have been loading it on the command line.

Originally posted by Mysterial
        You shouldn't get a file mismatch error unless the user has downloaded and installed it locally. In which case he's probably going to update it.

Also, if you're not using the TL, you don't need to include SuperBots in the ServerPackages at all anyway, so no conflict to worry about.

Comment

-If a bot becomes aware of someone who is looking at the bot, it will sometimes try a dodge to escape its enemy's inital shot. (Depends on bot skill)
          Oooooooooooooooooo!:up:
          Make sure to enter this mutator in the upcoming mod comp.

Comment

Originally posted by laseats
            I also have what is probably a stupid question. I noticed that the script file downloads to the client whether the server loads the mutator on the command line or not. I'm guessing, at least if you are using the serverpackage line, that you don't need to put the mutator on the command line. Is that correct? I have been loading it on the command line.
            The ServerPackages line just tells the server "clients need this". It doesn't activate it or anything - you still need to include it on the command line.

Comment

Mysterial, is there any way this newest version of Superbots could cause some strange fps dips?

I don't use the CPU intensive hunting option, and didn't notice the fps dips in past versions. Also, when I disabled the mutator, the dips didn't happen anymore (with retail bots). I used the same amount of bots both times (5 on Antalus).

Maybe it was something else causing it, I'll have to play some more to make sure.

Could you look into it just incase?

Thanks man!!! Btw, the bots are better than ever with this version. I couldn't believe what this one Inhuman bot was doing against me in a couple of matches. It was really human like. (needless to say I got my butt kicked as I haven't played for ten days, but still... it was )

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
                Mysterial, is there any way this newest version of Superbots could cause some strange fps dips?
                I doubt it but I'll check it anyway.

Comment

I just love this mutator the more i use it

One thing though, is there any chance you could make bots use jumpads better, if a normal path is a few units shorter
                  than one using a jumppad, the bots will usualy always go for the shorter normal path, even though the jumppad path is quicker.

I'm 99% sure the bot code is set to always take the shortest path.

Just a suggestion and i might be wrong about the bot code thing

Keep up the good work :up:

Comment

Working...
                  X