• Show
Clear All

SuperBots v2.1 [UPDATED]

This mutator makes the bots play better. The most obvious changes are:
    -Bots dodge more
    -Bots dodgejump
    -Bots liftjump
    -Bots dodgejump for speed while moving
    -Bots keep track of important powerups (super shield, double damage, superweapons, etc) and will head for them as they spawn.
    -Bots take advantage of dodgejumping to take shortcuts
    -I added code for walldodging, but it's rare to see a situation where a bot could use it
    -Bots don't stupidly charge with shock rifle or instagib gun
    -Bots won't waste their spawn protection by firing right after they spawn
    -Bots use the shieldgun if they're near death and running towards health
    -and more!

Changes since v1.3
    -Higher skill bots will rotate while moving when dodging for movement (no more pause...turn...turn...turn...dodge)
    -Made bots smarter about choosing when to dodge for movement
    -Higher skill bots get more headshots
    -Reduced bots jumping off cliffs a little more
    -Fixed bots repeatedly dodging all over the place against rapidfire instanthit weapons
    -Fixed bots trying to double jump across a gap that needs a dodgejump (this fixes the Double Damage in Flux2)

Download both UT2MOD and manual zip install versions at my site.

UPDATE: I was getting complaints that the bots were suddenly easier. I'm pretty sure it was an illusion due to the bots not dodging much against rapidfire weapons, but regardless I decided to update to 2.1 to deal with it.

Changes since v2.0
    -Fixed bots dodgejumping when they're trying to get to a path directly below them
    -In lowgrav, bots use normal dodges for increased movement speed and not dodgejumps
    -After some consideration, re-added bots dodging a lot against rapidfire weapons, but added an extra check to make sure they're not dodging faster than a human player could
    -Fixed rare bug on a few maps where bots would eternally try to dodge off of a lift and fail
    -If a bot becomes aware of someone who is looking at the bot, it will sometimes try a dodge to escape its enemy's inital shot. (Depends on bot skill)

-Reduced bots jumping off cliffs a little more
    yay! :up:

"a lot more" would be better, but any improvement is good.

Comment

quote:
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      -Reduced bots acting like idiots.
      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks@!

Now if only I could talk my girlfriend into playing the same way...
      Got a pill for that?

(btw, why aren't you busy putting all this in UT2004?? Has Epic failed you?)

Comment

umm... is it just me or does this superbots not work correctly at all? I get some sort of weird menu...

Comment

Originally posted by Jigen
          umm... is it just me or does this superbots not work correctly at all? I get some sort of weird menu...
          I have no idea what you're talking about but if it involves something weird onscreen it'd be a good idea to post a screenshot.

Comment

can I email you a screenshot? I don't know where to post it?

Comment

i take the levitating bots are long gone? i had one guy that just kept going! "look ma no wires!"

this is great tho - makes bots decent practice again, at least they have now mastered the ancient art of "not letting too many bullets hit your face"

Comment

Excellent! I have been waiting for a new version

A few suggestions for future versions:
                • Stop bots from being able to see through distance fog. I often find that bots are quite able to snipe at me from way past where it is impossible for me to see them.
                • Make bots less accurate with the Lightning Gun at short range. Most human players find it difficult to use the LG in close quarters, but bots seem to become more accurate the closer they get.
                • Add a 'niceness' factor to bots, preferably configurable per bot. This means that bots will be less inclined to immediately attack players who have only just spawned or if they only have the assault rifle and are looking for weapons, unless they attack the bot.

Comment

Anyone who already downloaded it, please redownload - the first time I accidentally uploaded an older version with all kinds of debug stuff enabled in it.

Comment

Looking awesome i didnt try the previous release, but im gonna try this one when i get home. KEep up the good work mystical.

Comment

looking great!

Comment

Simply awesome. >8D

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil
                          A few suggestions
                          listen to this man :up:

hopefully quite a few of the bots little cheat abilities can be fixed...

Comment

ake bots less accurate with the Lightning Gun at short range. Most human players find it difficult to use the LG in close quarters, but bots seem to become more accurate the closer they get.
                            Do this for the Flak as well, nomatter what you do, at point blank the bots will always track you. Always

Comment

Will this install over the older version or do I need to uninstall the older version to get rid of it?

Comment

Working...
                              X