DM-Morbias2003 Screens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-Morbias2003 Screens

I couldn't find a Morbias-remake that had the feeling of the original DM-Morbias of Unreal Tournament. So I decided to do one myself.
    This are screens of Beta 3 of this map and it is done so far. I've got only two problems left with it: The bots seem to have problems with using the lifts. The 2nd problem I have is Optimization. I've got a pretty fast computer (2.2 GHz, ATI Radeon 9700, 1024 MB DDR) but I often drop below 30 fps. So the final version will not be released until I've solved this problems or found someone who can help me with them.

here you go...

Ease up on the meshes, that might help performance, and anti-portal the walls wherever you can.

Comment

I belive i remember this map.. Isnt there suppose to be a death trap in the middle that is can be opened with switches placed around it? good map if it is, looks comparible and great if not. Over all its looking pretty good, keep up the good work.

Comment

Nice!!!

Nice!!!

:up: Great Job, it looks gorgeous. Though I agree with you about fixing the frame rate drop.

Comment

30 fps with a 9700 pro?
          Time to learn how to optimize..

Comment

that 3rd screenshot is AWESOME :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Comment

[landome]ReaveR:

i'm n00b at mapping... this is actually the first map i plan to release at all. how do i "anti-portal the walls"? :cry:

Lord_Shatorb:

thanks dude! no, the map you mean is DM-Fractal...

TECH_UT:

thanks! i'll try to fix this as fast as possible! :up:

P1nky:

not a pro but you're right.

Comment

graff69:

thanks...

Comment

You've got PM, cubic.

Comment

[landome]ReaveR:

you too... :up:

Comment

best map ive seen in a long time nice job !! its looks really good for ur first map, i like the feel which is good because i dont like the feel in most maps :up: i can't map but i can game, im a crazy gamer i know all about feel and that stuff it looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Shatorb
                        I belive i remember this map.. Isnt there suppose to be a death trap in the middle that is can be opened with switches placed around it?
                        I think that's DM-Fractal...

Comment

Looking awesome. You can be sure I'll pick it up when it's optomized. And ys, that is DM-Fractal, Shakuurn... I sorely want a high quality remake of that as well. =o

Comment

This looks like it should be a good remake.
                            I think you chose some good meshes and textures for the job.

Two things atm:

1) Make sure its scaled right.

2) I don't like that intense blue in the 3rd screenie. Maybe tone it down a bit so it's not as overbearing.

Good luck with the optimization! :up:

*edit*
                            one more thing... DONT RUSH IT. Release it when its done, and done right

Comment

:up: Looks very good. I'd like to beta test it.

Comment

Working...
                              X