[Preview]DM-1on1-SkyRise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Preview]DM-1on1-SkyRise

Here's the next map I'm working on, completely done in Maya. Everything except the textures are custom.

Couple things to point out:

-Ignore the textures, those were just for practice :P
    -Click image for larger view (1280x1024)
    -These are rendered shots from within Maya

----------------

Looks fresh and interresting! Can't tell ya more cuz there are no textures and no meshes eh :P

Comment

that doesnt really say anythihng about your level, size, flow, graphics, but its a nice mesh

Comment

I agree with Desaparecido. Have you updated pics to show?

Comment

Looks interesting, would like to see how it would look all pretty and lit up in game.

I don't know if the floating sniper platform is such a good idea for a 1v1 on this level. Unless the spawnpoints were placed rather strategically to account for it, I think it would encourage some serious spawncamping.

Comment

Hey this is looking really cool. I really like the style of this, it's unique. It looks like it would actually be built yet futuristic. I like all of it, except the spikes on the floating platform look a little out of place. I don't know if you are done shaping those yet, but they don't quite seem to fit. Just my opinion, but I am really looking forward to see the final outcome of it. Good luck!

Comment

Sparkleh - Thanks man, Texturing it and all right now, there are no meshes, it IS a mesh. lol. But I've added some stuff.

Desaparecido - Still working on it.

Virax - Updating soon!

BaronMasochist - Spawn points won't be on the platform

Jaspeer - Spikes will go, the thought I had for them wouldn't work out.

Thanks all

Comment

OK, update time

textured:

Don't worry the pic is only 40KB

I'll be opening up a beta for this tomorrow so if anyone would be so kind as to help me out, it'd be appreciated. Please PM me if you'd like to beta test!

Thanks,
                ~ReaveR_

Comment

Looks cool. :up: What's the polycount?

Comment

8280 triangles if I view the entire map. I average around 65 Frames on 1024x768 high detail with the following rig.

athlon xp 1900
                    512 ram pc2100
                    radeon 9700 pro

so that should give you a good idea.

Comment

No screens for me

"The site you are trying to access has exceeded its bandwidth quota of 100 MB per day."

Comment

Working...
                      X