[Weapon] Velocity Trap Gun (Beta)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[Weapon] Velocity Trap Gun (Beta)

This weapon is intended for team play. When its beam hits another player, it slows their movement speed to a crawl, making them a sitting duck for your team mate.

This gun has two drawbacks to balance play: It does not limit the victim's ability to turn, so they can get revenge on you. Second, it does no actual damage. This means you must coordinate the use of this weapon with another person using a conventional weapon.

Nice idea, at 800kb not bad at all....

Comment

What's really sad is most of that 800k is the texture!

Comment

If would make a separate pack for the textures as UTX and compress them as DDS it would save you alot of kilobytes..........just reference your code to call the texture from the UTX.....

Comment

This weapon should have been in the game out of the box. It's too bad Epic or DE never thought about it. It is way more functional and practiacal for team games like BR, CTF, and DDom than the Link gun nobody evry links with...

Especially with the way Speed affects CTF and BR, this gun would be the balancing key!

Can't wait to try it out.

Comment

Is it a replacement weapon or is it added to the arsenal?

Comment

It has its own mutator to replace one regular weapon, and it is compatible with the SwitchArsenal mutator.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusher
                If would make a separate pack for the textures as UTX and compress them as DDS it would save you alot of kilobytes..........just reference your code to call the texture from the UTX.....
                Well, it is DXT5 compressed... 1024x1024 skin is 1.3 megabytes.

I going to see what it looks like in DXT1, because it's half the size then.

I want to add some extras (ammo options, mostly) before I release another version. That one will use a DXT1 instead of DXT5 texture.

Oh yeah, don't forget to provide some feedback. Tell me what you think would make this weapon mod better.

Comment

great idea! Teamwork weapons are always very interesting

Comment

yop, cool that you put it on ut2, cause guys, its already an weapon on Tribes 2, "the electron flux gun elf", that suck energy to ennemis, so they cant run, cause they jetpack, gets is power down, good weapon on ctf for teamplay, maybe can it be suited on ut2. good work for your job !

Comment

I suggest making sure bots know how to use the weapon.

Comment

I would really like to test it on my server BUT I prefer small sized mutators because the dowload don't scare people away.

Comment

Pretty cool, makes the Speed Combo obsolete lol. GJ

Comment

Originally posted by Plumb_Drumb
                            I suggest making sure bots know how to use the weapon.
                            Oh yeah, one of those things I still have to work on, the bots... they're pretty stupid with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gusher
                              I would really like to test it on my server BUT I prefer small sized mutators because the dowload don't scare people away.
                              If anyone knows someone who would could alter the link gun so one piece of it uses a different texture, then I could make the file a whole lot smaller...

Comment

Working...
                              X