CTF-Corona Released

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Corona Released

Hey all, just released a CTF map - its medium to small size and based on the atmosphere of the original CTF-Face (ykno, celestial floating thing orbiting Earth). Have a look and tell me what u think

you can get it here, with a screenie
    http://www.unrealplayground.com/download.php?mapid=3149

Btw sorry to all those that i kept waiting for this map but im a n00b when it comes to uploading stuff :bulb:

LondonsDArkestChild

EDit : Loads of screens now available here
    http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?fileid=1058

YO LDC
    I reeeeaaaalllyyyy like this map. I gotta confess you dont see me play CTF often, but that has changed The detal is amazing, choise of textures is good, layout rox. Now if i should rate it i should give it hmm i think an 8.5 The fps is the only problem. if i run @ 1024 16 bit with settings to max i get about 15 fps.

Greet0rz

Spark

Comment

Now usually i don't download maps without a screenshot in the forums, but hey i gave it a chance. From the screen in unrealplaygroun it looks ok, i'm gonna give it a try and i'ii talk to ya later

MsM:up:

Comment

downloading, looks good from the screen

Comment

there are some more screens here - thankfully Mapraider lets people **** like 10 screenies

http://www.mapraider.com/maps/?approvalid=1283

(just realised this doesnt work yet cos they havnt approved the map yet- sorreh )

Comment

Originally posted by Yournan2000
            Now usually i don't download maps without a screenshot in the forums, but hey i gave it a chance. From the screen in unrealplaygroun it looks ok, i'm gonna give it a try and i'ii talk to ya later

u should of clicked the link, unrealplayground is legit :up:

Comment

oh yeh nearly forgot - any user reviews would be extremely welcome, cos im still waiting for my last map to be reviewd and its been like 4 months now ::sour:

Comment

great map, but it needs to be optimized quite a bit, and it will be awsome. for instance, add some blocking volumes around meshs that potrude out on floors and walls, so you wont get completely snagged or stopped by them, and kill off a few hundred of those meteors in the skybox to increse the performace a bit I hope you do a revision man.....

Comment

bah, yeh i get that a lot, most comments on my maps are about doing a reworked version thing is, i dont like to do revisions because i prefer to move on - there is so much more mapping to be done. I spose if i took the time to make my maps playable id be a halfway decent mapper
                  Still in the time it culda taken me to revise the glaring errors in layout (such as the easily shock spamable flag run corridor or the lag) ive halfway completed a 1v1 map called Amaru, which i cant wait to show y'all

Comment

It's a good map, nice layout. As usual, way too low framerates.
                    The map's design has one serious issue tho', the flagrooms, and IMO it really kills the otherwise good map.
                    There are two things wrong with it:
                    1. They're WAY too small. There's NO room to manouver in it. When a defender stands there and just spams flak around, no attacker will ever survive. The fact that the flag is in a gully no more than a meter wide makes it worse.
                    2. They have only 1 entrance and exit, which is way too cramped too. Defence will just be a guy with a shockrifle spamming combos at the entrance. Since there's a shockrifle in there, he'll have unlimited ammo as well. In the unlikely situation that an attacker does enter the flagroom alive, takes out the flakspamming defender without dying and grabs the flag, there will be 3 enemies waiting for him at the entrance (spamming rockets at the little hole).

The way these flagrooms are set up, I'd be surprised if anyone ever scores. Too bad, because the rest of the map really is top-of-the-crop material.

Comment

Shame CTF-Corona won't work it said x package missing.

Comment

This map is a framerate-killer in the flagroom even though the area isn't that big ...

There's only 1(!) extremely small entry into the flag-room.

It will be next to impossible to get in there if the single defender with the shockrifle that's in there is any good. And to top it all of it's a deathtrap as you don't have any room to move next to the flag.

IMHO a flagroom should have two entries at least.

Comment

I can't get it to run for more than 2-10 seconds on my GeF4Ti4400 with Athlon1800+, Win98SE and 512MB RAM. Weird, I thought DM-2019 was the only map to lock up my system. :weird:

Comment

Map runs fine here, but as some already told, that flagroom just sucks.

Btw the lower halls that connect midfield via the side are quite lowdetail compared to the rest of the map.

Comment

I am going to check this one out.

Comment

Working...
                              X