FlockGun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FlockGun

Hi everyone. My name is Jeff Wofford and I'm a lead programmer at Gearbox Software. Lately in my spare time I've been putting together UT2003 mutators, and today I'm releasing a couple.

The FlockGun is a UT2003 mutator that adds a little life to the LinkGun. It gives the LinkGun projectiles AI of their own, which is modelled after the "Boids" steering algorithm. In a word, your Link Gun fires flesh-consuming birds, which hunt down your opponents and swarm them to death.

This mutator is all about animation and action so it's a little difficult to convey with still images, but here goes:

There's more info available on my site, or you can skip right to the chase and download the FlockGun mutator directly.

I look forward to your feedback!

And hey, anybody interested in helping me out with e.g. new projectile models, a weapon model, sound effects, or whatever, let me know. Thanks.

Gearbox, Opposing Force, I rest my case, downloading.....

[edit]
    Cool. Pretty clever, reminds me of the alien gun in Half-Life.

Maybe the particles hang around for a bit too long though, locking onto another target is pretty crazy.
    [/edit]

Comment

Oh my dear god sir.

Comment

Is it any different from the last version?

Comment

Good question, to which the answer is: Yes.

(I released a version of this mutator shortly after UT2003 came out.)

The older version worked well only in standalone games, not multiplayer client-server. The new version provides multiplayer support, and also has some minor tweaks to better balance the gun and reward skillful use of the alt-fire pointer beam.

Comment

Another awesome mutator jeff keep up the great work.

Comment

Cool weapon!

When you make weapon mods you should add them to the weapons database so mods that do weapon swapping can use it.

Comment

Very sweet weapon, not sure I like the 'painter' secondary graphics, but it's certainly a lot of fun to use

Now if you could linkup AND fire the flock gun, that would rock!

Comment

OMG! Grappling hook!!!
                  I was just planning to make that. :up: :up: :up:

Comment

Anyways could you add an abitily in Grappling hook to use other weapons while hanging from the celling? Now if I switch weapon the hook releases and i fall.

Comment

Nice mod you have there jeff

Comment

Working...
                      X